No announcement yet.

Gaines Adams traded to the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No this isn't a Snyder type move. Synder doesn't trade for young players, he trades for old players. We traded a 2nd for Jason Taylor, a 2nd and 5th for TJ Duckett, this isn't a horrible trade. Trading for young talent isn't much different than drafting.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      When the Viking win 6 championships then bring up AP.
      He was talking about Charles Barkley.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Better than taking Mike Williams over Ware and Shawne Merriman and then trading him with Josh McCown for a 4th rounder two years later.
        That's true but big mistakes are magnified much more at the top of the draft. And honestly that's not even the Lions worst decision in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I think Adams and Levi Brown are both examples of how sometimes drafting for need can bite you in the butt if the player in said need is a considerably lower grade than the BPA available to you at that position.

2 reaches that bit each team in the butt.

I always figured, if you have a top 10 pick, chances are you should go BPA anyway bc you have more than 1 need. Thats not always the case, but most of the time it is.
          Those are definitely good examples. Although with OTs such as Levi Brown and Joe Thomas (possibly the last time I'll ever put these two in the same sentence) have to be considered investments for the future and the production you see out of them is measured by the general performance of their offense, and more particularly the O-line and it's ability to impose it's will on a game.

Most other position players are easier to put up against the dynamic players drafted around them, like say Gaines Adams and AD.

Comment

This is so surprising, at first I want to think it was a nice aggressive move by Chicago, but seriously, who drafts a guy top 5 and in a few years trades him for a 2nd rounder? It's painfully obvious he was a bust for them to consider this move, so it's a risk that he turns into the talent that made him a top pick.

I really hope a 4-3 team steps up and makes this type of deal for Dorsey, I love him as a 2nd round pick to a 4-3 team because I feel like the system is holding him back more so then talent or motor.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Dumping Adams eats up $15 million in cap space for the Bucs

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                This is a classic Dan Snyder move, but no Dan Snyder!
                dan snyder trades picks for hasbeens

gaines adams is a never was

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                  dan snyder trades picks for hasbeens

gaines adams is a never was
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2364444

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Gaines Adams' signing bonus was super-frontloaded, so everyone talking about the Bucs unloading a huge contract are uninformed. He made almost $25 million in his first two years, and this year, the Bucs take a $11 million cap hit for trading him.

The Bears are on the hook for exactly jack and **** salary-wise (about a million each year for the life of the contract). If Gaines Adams were to re-enter the draft, I'd feel fine about risking a second rounder on the chance that Rod Marinelli can make him a superstar.

Even if the guy puts up 6 sacks a year forever, he's an upgrade on our right side. If he improves a little, he's an upgrade over our left side, too.

I'm 100% fine with the deal. We were going to use that pick on a DE next year, anyway. Now we should ship off a 4th rounder for TO.

Comment

cant imagine that this is a good move for the bucs. unless i dont know some inside information with turmoil in the locker room or something, i think the bears are getting a steal. gaines adams is a hell of a talent, maybe he just needed a change of scenary. looks like the bucs went backwards.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                        cant imagine that this is a good move for the bucs. unless i dont know some inside information with turmoil in the locker room or something, i think the bears are getting a steal. gaines adams is a hell of a talent, maybe he just needed a change of scenary. looks like the bucs went backwards.
                        What makes adams a hell of a talent? His unspectacular explosiveness, his inability to play the run, his limited pass rush arsenal?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

i am not a bucs fan, havent seen gaines adams play more than once or twice, i just assume that you have to have an exceptional amount of talent to be drafted 4th overall. maybe im wrong, but i feel as though it is an accurate assumption.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

i just watched some gaines adams highlights and read up on him a bit. i take back everything i said and am embarassed for defending him. he is a bust. good move by the bucs to swallow their pride and cut their losses while adams still has some value.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

There hasn't much that was going to surprise me to get me to want to post ... including those ridiculous rumors on TO. I am pleasantly surprised, shocked and happy with the trade. I'm not sure what to make of it for the short term, other than awesome DL wave off the dge, but it actually answers a question I had about this upcoming offseason as the Bears had to find a younger DE to anchor the DL with.

Very fascinated with the trade, but that does leave the Bears shorthanded for next year's draft. That said, franchise QB and hopefully a stud DE under Rod's tutelage would be well worth it. If all goes well, that leaves our biggest needs for next year looking for a bigger WR, maybe a number 2 back, maybe a backup TE (although here's hoping Kellen Davis develops), maybe a young depth LB, and DB help. Not exactly needs that demand early picks.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                Those are definitely good examples. Although with OTs such as Levi Brown and Joe Thomas (possibly the last time I'll ever put these two in the same sentence) have to be considered investments for the future and the production you see out of them is measured by the general performance of their offense, and more particularly the O-line and it's ability to impose it's will on a game.

Most other position players are easier to put up against the dynamic players drafted around them, like say Gaines Adams and AD.
                                The Brown aren't regretting drafting Joe Thomas. And what's funny about this is that Wisenhunt would have drafted Brown even if Thomas was still on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information