No announcement yet.

Week 6 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I never liked Campbell as a starting QB. I thought he'd be a solid back-up coming out of Auburn and, after watching him for four years, was absolutely stunned that people were talking about him as a first rounder...even more stunned that he went in the first round.

The Jason Campbell experience is why I wasn't completely shocked that Josh Freeman got drafted #17 overall.

Comment

The NFC Least? You pretty much got that right. The Giants loss was embarassing, but the Eagles even more embarassing loss keeps us a game up. I think we'll beat the Cardinals. Not too worried there. And if we can beat the Eagles, I would have easily signed up for 7-1. I'm not too worried about the team long term despite the terrible loss.

As for Ray Rice. He's the f'ing man. Period. As for not seeing someone with balance like him, how about Ahmad Bradshaw? Very similar players.

Comment

I think we're slowly seeing a trend in the NFL for smaller RB's. Rice, MJD, and Williams had 3 of the biggest games yesterday.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Saints offense is like that pinball machine in the arcade with the paint worn off the flippers & handles b/c it receives the most use. It's the machine with the biggest crowd around it b/c it always rings up the highest totals & players set scoring rcds. on it. 45 or more points in how many games? Damn! They keep this up & there will be some NFL scoring rcds. set by Brees & company.

It's not the QB with the biggest arm or the most intimidating receivers, it's the most accurate passer who throws the most catchable ball & makes the fewest mistakes, Drew Brees by definition.

On the flip side of high scoring & winning, then there's Tennessee. They are a complete disgrace to those Oiler throwback unis. I withdraw my comment that they will turn it around this yr, they're still in the tailspin & showing no signs of pulling out. Has any team gone from 1st to worst this fast? I also withdraw my comment about Fisher being locked up for his coaching career by Bud Adams, if he hits the mkt. b/c Adams cans him the long line of suitors for his services will be headed by Jerry Jones.

5. Kroy Biermann - He reminds me of a young Patrick Kerney. High motor and has three sacks in five games. Has surplanted Jamaal Anderson at LE.
          Montana Griz player!! D. II-A player making lots of noise in the big leagues.

An inspired Raider defense pummeling McNabb, a pigeon, & no Napa cops waiting for Cable with handcuffs after the game at Alameda Co. Coliseum all saved his job. They have the whole rest of the season to take a dive in the race for the #1 pick so Al Davis will be guaranteed the chance to draft the player with the fastest 40 time at the Combine.
          Last edited by LizardState; 10-19-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Raiders had help.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Best Wk. 6 moment was Eli Manning chewing ass on Bradshaw telling him Roman Harper was going to blitz from his FS spot a Louisiana parish away & he should pick him up. Bradshaw didn't, Manning got whacked again, was justifiably pissed off. Can you read lips? Did he use a racial epithet, ummmmhhh.... Even a godling like Eli is human, he had a real Oh ****! NOLA homecoming.

Worst Wk. 6 moment was DE Antwan Odom tearing his tendon cutting on the turf, done for the yr, just tragic. He was leading the league in sacks & was a big p/o of the Bengals defensive resurgence.

Looks like the Saints are going to break up the All-Manning SB by taking the NFC slot there vs. Indy instead of the Giants. Probably play the Vikes in the NFL Title game, good times....
              Last edited by LizardState; 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Best Wk. 6 moment was Eli Manning chewing ass on Bradshaw telling him Roman Harper was going to blitz from his FS spot a Louisiana parish away & he should pick him up. Bradshaw didn't, Manning got whacked again, was justifiably pissed off. Can you read lips? Did he use a racial epithet, ummmmhhh.... Even a godling like Eli is human, he had a real Oh ****! NOLA homecoming.

Looks like the Saints are going to break up the All-Manning SB by taking the NFC slot there vs. Indy instead of the Giants. Probably play the Vikes in the NFL Title game, good times....
                Are you serious? After a game in week 6 you think you know the Super Bowl game? How'd that Giants/Titans Super Bowl go last year?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  what are you trying to say? that calling the season at the 1/3 mark isn't remotely logical?

if i've learned anything on nfldc this week it's that:

1) the giants suck
                  2) the saints are the best team ever
                  3) beating a terrible defense makes up for sucking the previous 5 weeks, so tom brady must be "back" (whatever the **** back meant in the first place)

i'd sure appreciate it if you'd leave me alone with my "facts".
                  Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    i don't get it. so you hit on 4 picks out of 10, with 2 in the first, 3rd and 5th? yippee?
                    That's a good draft, yes.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I'm very proud of the refs, they called a great game during the Rams vs Jags... *cough*, wait... Yeah, that's compete ******** on my part.
                      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Which call was bad? I don't remember, and I only heard the game on the radio.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          The Saints play the Patriots on MNF in a couple of weeks. Talk about an offensive showdown.

Great write-up as always, Shiver.
                          I want over-under for the total points and passing yards in that game

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            Which call was bad? I don't remember, and I only heard the game on the radio.
                            There were I believe, 3.

Rams had 3 "Pass interferences". 1 was legit. the other 2.

Torry Holt was 4 yards off the line of scrimmage and Ron Bartell was jamming him, at that time the QB through a quick pass to him, and Torry who had just turned his head didn't really see the pass, through his arms up looking for a flag and didn't get it.. .until 3 seconds later and the teams were heading to the huddle. It was complete BS and pissed me off.

James Laurinatis was out covering MJD. Drew took off on a fly and Garrard through the ball short. James L put his arms and hands up and DID NOT TOUCH MJD, the ball hit the back of JL and a flag came up. Laurinatis made a nice play, stuck with him and then threw his hands up and had the ball hit off his back.

^^^ Both of those plays, the announcers were in shock and disarray that flags were called, and questioned them for awhile.

And then, Torry Holt "caught" a pass, 18 yards and his left foot was out of bounds. The Rams challenged the play and the replay showed that Holt's foot was out of bounds, and the announcers agreed, and said this one should come back. Nope, the play stood.

Also, a horsecollar on Jackson, not called.

Those plays kept the Rams defense on the field longer after they would have been 3 and outs. Giving them more time to breathe, hence MJD would not have tore through us the last half of the 4th quarter like he did. The Jaguars had 33 first downs, to the Rams 13. The Jags wouldn't have 33, it would have been more liike 25 had the Rams D gotten off the field at the time they were supposed too.

Rams still lost, whatever.
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I don't think its fair to call it the NFC Least just yet. Come on, how is the North better than the East?

The Giants lost to a Saints team coming off the bye with 4 starters on defense missing. We lost fair and square and got our butts kicked, but it doesn't make us a weak opponent by any means.

The Eagles had your classic let down game. Theyll be fine.

Dallas and Washington havent done much this year, but Dallas is still 3-2 and anything can happen.

NO and Minny are proving to be the best teams at the moment, but I don't think as highly of Atlanta, or Chicago as their record indicates.

Atlanta is good, but I rank a good 4 teams in the NFC better.

The East isn't hands down the best division in football, but when the dust settles, I think they will reestablish themselves as the best (not by a lot though). We go through the same thing with the South every year. If they were so good, we wouldn't have such fluctuation in that division every year.

Comment

Yeah Rice is a very good player, but lets give Flacco some props that dline was on his ass every play and he still threw for 385 yards 2 tds. He is the best young QB in the NFL(homer statement but the guy is awesome)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information