Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Tony Hunt? Michael Bush? Have you ever heard of Brandon Jacobs? We needed a veteran to help him along and be a reliable pass blocker for Eli. We got that in Droughns, and for what a price.
    Have you ever heard of a ritalin? Calm down. That's true, those guys wouldn't be ideal picks. But Irons and Pittman could've matched well. ...and Lynch could be there as well.

Comment

Droughns is at least a player that has succeeded in the past. He has been on a TERRIBLE Browns team the last few years. Both players were likely to get cut so why not swap them. The Browns have had a top 3 worst O-line in the league the last two years.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793305

Just to add ESPN's word.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          Brandon Jacobs.

He made you look silly last fall, don't let it happen again.
          Hey if you're happy with Jacobs and Droughns and the rest of us are happy that you have Jacobs and Droughns, that's all that matters right?

Seriously, you should move him back to FB where he came from.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Have you ever heard of a ritalin? Calm down. That's true, those guys wouldn't be ideal picks. But Irons and Pittman could've matched well. ...and Lynch could be there as well.
            It would have been very dumb to spend a 1st on Lynch.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Hey if you're happy with Jacobs and Droughns and the rest of us are happy that you have Jacobs and Droughns, that's all that matters right?

Which is still an option.

Go look at your calender.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Reuben would struggle to make the roster on most NFL teams. I'm with toony, most of you have no idea what you're talking about. Even if they cut Carter next week it's still the same equivalent of what they would get from anyone else.

Do you really want Jacobs/Droeghns as your runningback tandem? If not, you're putting Reuben as the #3 runningback, and #3 runningbacks that don't play special teams don't make the gameday roster so you essentially traded for a player that will never see the field.

*High fives all around*
                You're just mad that Thomas Jones is gone. I'm joking, but I don't think we as Giants fans are happy that we got a less than stellar running back. I think we're happy we got rid of that piece of junk Tim Carter after he cost us a game or two (the Colts vs Giants game to name one), and actually got something in return.

Many fans wanted a veteran running back, and while RD isn't amazing, he's better than nothing and could make an acceptable 3rd Down running back. I'm happy because now it's guaranteed we will not be drafting Marshawn Lynch (if he fell) or Brian Leonard as a few Giants fans want us to.

No matter who won or lost in this trade, I'm happy that he at the very least it lets us draft a running back a little lower. Hopefully a second day speedster whom we can get some value out of as a punt/kick returner.

I think no Giants fan believes RD to be our permanent solution nor short term solution. If Jacobs were to go down during the season, at least I know we'll have someone with experience instead of a late pick, unproven rookie.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Actually, I really like that idea. Would be nice to have a guy at fullback who isn't a dwarf compared to Jacobs blocking for him. Plus it may confuse defense thinking we're using to fullbacks. Haha. Put in Jared Lorenzen for a QB sneak and it'll be like having offensive linemen at every posistion.

Comment

Just to throw this in there as well.....

Had the Giants signed Rhodes people would be patting Reese on the back much more than they are now. Well, go compare their stats and get back to me.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      Just to throw this in there as well.....

Had the Giants signed Rhodes people would be patting Reese on the back much more than they are now. Well, go compare their stats and get back to me.
                      If Rhodes could have gotten those stats with the Brown's O-line and Charlie Frye under center. This still doesn't change the fact that I'd like Darius Walker in the 4th to play a Kevin Faulk type of role.
                      Last edited by Jughead10; 03-09-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

This trade is called "I will trade my garbage for your garbage." At least we got rid of Tim Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          If Rhodes could have gotten those stats with the Brown's O-line and Charlie Frye under center.
                          Exactly.

Rhodes matched Droughns stats but he had slightly better players around him, right?
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Actually, it's more along the lines of,
                            "I'll trade you our garbage for your recycables."

Heh, I like your analogy though. I would've liked to seen Tim Carter get cut though, that would have been satisfying.

Comment

Droughns is not that bad...

For the past two years, he has been about the same as Mcgahee statistically, despite having the weaker offense.

He doesn't have the upside of Mcgahee, but he has about the same amount of mileage. He's so much better than Carter it isn't even funny.

Comment

Its a good trade for the Giants. We gave up nothing and got a backup running back.

We just gotta sign a WR like Kevin Curtis and we can then rebuild our defense through the draft by getting impact players in the first 2 rounds

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information