Week 6 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    So Oakland beats KC and Philly and is worse than KC? Oakland's offense is terrible, but their defense has as much talent as anyone. They played well against Philly and already have a head to head win against KC.

Not that it really makes a difference. I just think that Oakland is better than KC.
    While that's certainly true, and they played well against san diego, in their losses they've just been terrible. KC has at least been competitive against everyone except for the giants. I know wins are what count, but I agree, but I can understand the argument that KC has had less pathetic moments/games.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      It's quite possible we are but the Broncos have proven more on the field up to this point.
      The Broncos that play in the second half of each game are better than the Giants right now. The first half Broncos are most definitely not.

Comment

I kind of wonder why the broncos don't get more love as an undefeated team.

The D is amazing at rushing the passer with quite possibly the best defensive player in the league.

Comment

It's sad when you can argue that 4 or 5 maybe even 6 teams are worse than the Browns and they absolutely suck.

Comment

Cards D needs some credit, by far the best rush D in the NFL to this point(we have played the Colts, Texans and Seahawks though) but Calais Campbell has been huge so far, he has been amazing on special teams and vs the run and is starting to develop some solid pass rushing moves

Comment

A record doesn't show everything. The Vikings are 6-0 and should be 4-2. Chilly needs to make better decisions, his play calling is killing the vikes. Its stupid when he calls passing plays inside the 20. I'm liking how he is calling more pass plays on 1st down however. Overall I agree, but the vikings are going to go on a two game losing streak right now, and you'll hear all the vikings fans yelling "fire chilly, he's such a terrible coach, zomg, i hate him." Then they will beat the Lions after the bye week and everyone will love them again.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                I kind of wonder why the broncos don't get more love as an undefeated team.

The D is amazing at rushing the passer with quite possibly the best defensive player in the league.
                Kyle Orton is the main reason.

Most people buy into the notion that this is a talent-first league. On paper, Denver has less talent than many other teams. It is hard for most to fathom that they are better than teams with more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Cards D needs some credit, by far the best rush D in the NFL to this point(we have played the Colts, Texans and Seahawks though) but Calais Campbell has been huge so far, he has been amazing on special teams and vs the run and is starting to develop some solid pass rushing moves
                  Undoubtedly. It's on the strength of both sides of the ball why the Cards jumped up 9 spots to enter the top 10.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                    A record doesn't show everything. The Vikings are 6-0 and should be 4-2. Chilly needs to make better decisions, his play calling is killing the vikes. Its stupid when he calls passing plays inside the 20. I'm liking how he is calling more pass plays on 1st down however. Overall I agree, but the vikings are going to go on a two game losing streak right now, and you'll hear all the vikings fans yelling "fire chilly, he's such a terrible coach, zomg, i hate him." Then they will beat the Lions after the bye week and everyone will love them again.
                    You're right. Hell, they could even be 3-3 but as luck would have it, though, they are not. Records do have something to show for where a team ranks because if I went on talent and coaching alone then the Tennessee Titans wouldn't be dead last in the power rankings. However, because of how horrid Childress' play-calling has been is why I put the blurb about how his play-calling will back fire on them at least in one game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                      A record doesn't show everything. The Vikings are 6-0 and should be 4-2.
                      I disagree. The difference between a good team and a great team isn't that the great team plays great 16 games of the year. Its that they win even when they play bad. When you play **** and still come away with the win is what seperates the undefeated teams and the others.
                      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Something drastic needs to happen in Nashville.....but it won't. That's just the type of coach Jeff Fisher is.

Honestly, his post game quotes are not far off Baghdad Bob level stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                          I disagree. The difference between a good team and a great team isn't that the great team plays great 16 games of the year. Its that they win even when they play bad. When you play **** and still come away with the win is what seperates the undefeated teams and the others.
                          lol, so what seperates undefeated teams from others is that they dont lose? thats so deep

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            lol, so what seperates undefeated teams from others is that they dont lose? thats so deep
                            Basically, the talent levels of the teams aren't that different. The teams that are currently undefeated are undefeated because even when they played badly (Broncos against the Bengals, Colts agains the Dolphins this year, the Patriots against teams like the Ravens in 07 etc) they somehow pull out a win.
                            Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                              So Oakland beats KC and Philly and is worse than KC? Oakland's offense is terrible, but their defense has as much talent as anyone. They played well against Philly and already have a head to head win against KC.

Not that it really makes a difference. I just think that Oakland is better than KC.
                              Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              While that's certainly true, and they played well against san diego, in their losses they've just been terrible. KC has at least been competitive against everyone except for the giants. I know wins are what count, but I agree, but I can understand the argument that KC has had less pathetic moments/games.
                              I will strongly agree with "the decider" on this one, but I will also concede that the Raiders need wins to get more respect. I guess I'm more confused on the point how the Chiefs, without any real semblance of a defense (or talent whatsoever), can be ranked THAT high. They just got their first win for goodness sake.

If we want to compare to the Raiders, Oakland has shown their defense can completely take over a game to win it for the team as we saw against Philly this past week. On the other hand, Kansas City has absolutely no dominant part of their game--their O-line is one of the worst in passing and running situations, their defense sucks, their running sucks and their passing is only average.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

The race for the number 1 draft pick is heating up....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information