• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat View Post
    Who doesn't?
    The Redskins?
    Originally posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
    didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
    Originally posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
    i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
      Who doesn't?
      Yah but he was actually moving around like he used to as well.

Comment

Ware played throughout most of the season so far while recovering from a broken foot.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          I think it has more to do with him being off roids now.
          See this is one those arguments that makes no sense. He tested positive once in 2006 during the offseason, and subsequently tested negative since. He was tearing it up in 2006 even when he was off the roids as you put it so bluntly. Do people actually still think that his suspension was when he actually tested positive?

Comment

Good move for the cowboys to do this, made him the highest paid non QB for the next 3 years, but doesn't kill there cap after that. Somehow kept him from asking for Fat Al money.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              See this is one those arguments that makes no sense. He tested positive once in 2006 during the offseason, and subsequently tested negative since. He was tearing it up in 2006 even when he was off the roids as you put it so bluntly. Do people actually still think that his suspension was when he actually tested positive?
              It's not like you lose all the effects of roids in a week. If you keep working out hard you can keep a lot of the muscle mass you gain. I don't know if Merriman's lack of production has more to do with having been injured or being off roids, but your argument doesn't really hold up because going off roids after testing positive doesn't mean he would immediately lose all the benefit he gained from being on them.

edit: and to keep this on topic, Demarcus Ware is a cool cat.

Comment

*Disclaimer - You will think this is homer*

Reading this thread, I don't see how everyone is so certain Ware is the best at his position. I know its not all in stats but here are a few.

Ware has started 70 games so far in his career. He has 321 Tackles, 57.5 sacks, 1 INT, 16 PDef, & 20 FF.

Harrison has started 46 games so far in his career. He has 350 Tackles, 36.5 sacks, 3 INT, 13 PDef, & 18 FF.

Merriman has started 44 games. He has 207 Tackles, 39.5 sacks, 1 INT, 15 PDef, & 8 FF.

Merriman has the better sack to game ratio of the 3. Harrison has the best tackle total by far. Harrison also has the most FF in the shortest amount of games.

Also, Shawne is 25, Ware is 27, & Harrison is 31 and Harrison is having by far the best season so far.

I'm not saying Harrison is the best of the 3. But I don't see how anyone can say Ware is clearly the best.

Also: Congratulations Ware!!!
                Last edited by terribletowel39; 10-27-2009, 10:57 AM.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Pittsburgh LBs: Plug 'n Play

Merriman: What have you done for me lately?

Comment

I'd pay that for Ware in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd give him a 10% raise to come to the Jets. Hey Dallas, how badly do you want a Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston package? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by DexterM View Post
                      I'd pay that for Ware in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd give him a 10% raise to come to the Jets. Hey Dallas, how badly do you want a Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston package? ;)
                      Wow I had no idea you had that much cash on hand. +rep sugardaddy

Comment

My mom always told me the only way I'd ever make friends or get popular was if I had a boatload of cash and ho's...

Comment

I knew opening this thread i would see a Merriman and roids in the same sentence, haters.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Where is the $118 million coming from?

It $78 million...which would actually be a bargain for Ware. The $40 million is also less than what was expected. At one time we were hearing $45 million plus, in guaranteed money. The contract is on the light side for Ware. It's a good one for the organization.
                            I changed it now. When the story first broke they had the number at 118.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              Pittsburgh LBs: Plug 'n Play

Merriman: What have you done for me lately?
                              Not to start a huge explosive argument but Merriman has recovered from a serious injury. And most people know it takes 2 yrs to fully come back from that type of injury.

And what has Ware done for the Cowboys lately?? He has 4 sacks in 2 games and the other 4 games zilch.

Also, the Plug n' Play is BS. I fail to see how Pittsburgh is a Plug n' Play system. Joey Porter never got more than 10.5 sacks and Harrison is already 2.5 sacks away from that. The most tackles Porter ever had in a season was 88 but rarely did he break 65. I hate that just because we find good players and know how to coach up LBers, that we are a plug n' play system. Its not true. No one has played better than Harrison in LeBeau's system. And thats the truth. Harrison is ROLB going against the LT. Kevin Greene was a LOLB incase someone wanted to bring him up.

And Porter had his best season as a Dolphin just to further scratch the Plug n' Play rumor.

Those just aren't good enough reasons to me. Honestly, I take 2006 Merriman over Ware and Harrison, but I'm plenty happy with Harrison.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by DeCrunkMAn View Post
                                Drama free and does his job and now gets paid well for being a good overall role model for younger people who watch football
                                Yeah, I'm sure that's why they are paying him. The Dallas Cowboys are all about role models.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information