Week 7 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    The Vikings didn't lose on a fluke tripping call. I watched the game. They lost because Pittsburgh's defense outplayed the Vikings offense. Favre committed some costly errors and the aggressive, opportunistic Steelers D capitalized on every turnover by bringing two interceptions to the house. The Steelers had a rough time moving the ball against the Vikings D but the deciding factor was turnovers. The Vikings committed more turnovers and more penalties than the Steelers.

I do give you the argument that New England might not deserve to be ranked ahead of Minnesota but they have played lights out the past two weeks and I've come away more impressed with their play than the Vikings. Also, the Bengals are ranked ahead of the Vikings because they beat the Steelers who beat the Vikings. In week 14 when the Bengals go to the Metrodome we'll see which team is better between those two but a lot can happen between then and now.
    I don't agree on your assessment of the Vikings. The tripping call was suspect and definitely was a turning point in that Favre doesn't throw an interception if that call wasn't made. It was a 14 point swing. I'm not saying the call was wrong just a bit suspect when you watch the film. Blaming Favre for the second interception is a bit ridiculous, it was a very easy reception for Taylor who simply blew the play and ended any chance for Minny's recovery.
    IMO, Minny played a very equal game with Pittsburgh and either team could have won. IMO, Pittsburgh's defense won the game but hardly dominated the Vikings. I thought both teams suffered from poor coaching decisions in basically ignoring the run in favour of the pass. Both RB's were greatly underutilized.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      There was no point of keeping Garcia. Our offence with Garcia would be better, but I really doubt we would be playoff contenders with him. We drafted Russell #1 overall and we need to see what he can do. So far this year it hasnt worked out for him, but last year I must say he did show some hope. If things keep going the way they are for Russell, I expect Al to go after a vet QB like Sage Rosenfels, Jake Delhomme or David Carr. He is known for signing vet QB that in their later part of their career(Gannon, Plunkett, Collins to name a few) when he thinks we are close to being contenders. It was Cables idea to sign Garcia, when he didnt fit our offence and not out perform Russell he was cut.
      I think Al Davis is forcing Cable to continue to play Russell otherwise Cable would have benched him by now. Cable keeps his job by doing what Al wants and right now Davis want Russell playing. We all know that Al makes all the decisions about who plays and who sits for Oakland not the HC. Cable signed Garcia because I suspect he would like to win games and would have started him if he could. Russell's chances for developing in a system where the HC has little authority is a huge question mark IMO. Davis has made this franchise pretty well dead in the water waiting on Al to die. Until then there is little motivation for the players to put out the effort to improve.
      Sad end to a great football mind and very tough on Oakland fans.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

I agree with those saying Minnesota was dropped too far. They were on the road against the defending champs, and still had a great chance of winning the game. There were multiple plays in that game that could have gone either way that happened to go Pitts way. If they played again in Minnesota I would take the Vikings.

As for the penalty, no team ever loses on one play. The Vikings had other chances to win. However, that was an atrocious call, and Pitt should have been down 4 at that point, whether or not they would have lost is a completely different issue that no one knows the answer to.

Still think they (Vikings) are a top 5 team.

Comment

I just want to add how much better Pitts D is with # 43 in. Its as if their a completely different team.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Yeah, call me a homer idc. The Vikes are too low, and the Pats are to high.
            I will never say that one bad call will cost any team a win. But this is one is about as close as you can get. That call was flat out terrible. And on a side note, that pick that got ran back for a TD wasnt Favres fault, it was Chester Taylors. Pitts defense is great, there is no doubt. But they did not dominate us in that game like a lot of "critics" and "analyst" say. And our D matched there offense just as well(even without our top corner). I would argue that the Vikes can play with team in the NFL right now.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
              The reason I have the Titans at the bottom of the trash heap was due to their performance against the Patriots. They flat out gave up. If it's noticeable that you quit on the field then you deserve to be ranked dead last until your play proves otherwise.
              I would agree with this, but the Titans haven't been the only team to play like that in a game this season. I think it'd be unfair to hold it against only them and to make an example out of them when the game they didn't go 100% in was a blowout by halftime, in horrible conditions, where a comeback was near impossible.

To use that lone game and the Jeff Fisher charity event is weak, in my mind. There are reasons to put them last, such as their 0-6 record, their soft defense, or looming QB controvery. Use those as your main points, not these two events.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I think Pittsburgh is a better two loss team than the Patriots.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Yeah, the Rams are far and away the worst team in the league, imo. I dont see how they're going to win a game. Last chance may be against Detroit this week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Yeah, the Rams are far and away the worst team in the league, imo. I dont see how they're going to win a game.
                    I think Jackson will eventually power them to a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Yeah, the Rams are far and away the worst team in the league, imo. I dont see how they're going to win a game.
                      I really think it's a toss up between the Bucs, Browns, Titans, and Rams. Sure, the Titans are a lot more talented than those three other teams but their defense is playing completely different than it did last year. They hardly have any weapons in the passing game and a QB that can't get what weapons they do have the ball. Those reasons, along with others, and the fact that it seems that Jeff Fisher has lost the teams are the reason their dead last. They were dead last the previous week.

Since Titans have moved backwards since Week 3. Their first two games against the Steelers and Texans were very close but since then they have scored fewer and fewer points and keep getting lit up on the scoreboard. I can't say a lot better about the Rams but they seem to show a bit of fight at least. But I really think that you could put the Browns, Titans, Rams, and Bucs in any order from 29th and 32nd.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

The Rams average a solid 8.6 points per game. Seriously, they look worse than the Lions ever did last year.

I agree there are a bunch of bad teams worthy but, I still see the Rams being that much worse than them.

What a year. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                          I think Pittsburgh is a better two loss team than the Patriots.
                          We lost to the Jets and the 6-0 broncos. Steelers lost to the bengals and ******* I throw a million interceptions every game cutler led bears. On top of which you guys were beating the chargers the other week by a ton and gave up 28 unanswered points in the fourth to get them in the game. I find it hard to believe the steelers are a better two loss team, especially when the Pats are ahead of them in Passing, Rushing, Total offense, Total defense, and Passing yards allowed per game. I understand stats arent everything but you have to back statements up with some kind of evidence, not just state, yeah their better.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

We can thank Pat Shurmur for such a great St. Louis offense, the dude deserves to have my nuts in his mouth.
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

The Giants are just not in sync right now. I think our injuries are finally catching up to us.

And our WRs while improved, still are a work in progress. Eli hasn't looked the same since injuring his foot either. He's not stepping into all his throws.

He's missing throws he makes all the time. 3 or 4 throws couldve been the difference in the game against the Cards. So thats going to be an issue all season.

I honestly at this point, don't expect the Giants to do much this year. I can still see the playoffs, but we're not a legit SB contender until we can get consistent on offense, and healthy on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                                We can thank Pat Shurmur for such a great St. Louis offense, the dude deserves to have my nuts in his mouth.
                                This quote is almost sig worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information