No announcement yet.

Thank You Mark Sanchez!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional in the sense...that the NFL is a business, in itself. Gatorade drinking and hitting is a part of their business. Scoffing down hot dogs on the side lines is not. Eating on the sidelines is a big no no. That's something you learn and adhere to in flag football. I agree it's not really a big deal...but, it's bush league and it just doesnt look good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

The thing that is going under the radar is that the West Coast in just 1 week could be possibly draining and since NYJ had to get back on the plane for their game next week vs Miami at NY, maybe Sanchez thought he could sneak one up before the long trip home. For a rookie, a trip from 1 part of the country to the other could be a new experience and possibly one that can drain a player.
      (I dont know if he experienced that jetlag back in USC)

Sanchez wasn't even gloating about eating a hot dog, he tried to finish it as fast as possible but sadly for him, when your the face of the team cameras will be on you nonstop 24/7.

But regardless, kudos to him for making the donation.
      Last edited by Thecollegedropout; 10-28-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Professional in the sense...that the NFL is a business, in itself. Gatorade drinking and hitting is a part of their business. Scoffing down hot dogs on the side lines is not. Eating on the sidelines is a big no no. That's something you learn and adhere to in flag football. I agree it's not really a big deal...but, it's bush league and it just doesnt look good.
        see here's the problem though. Who made that ok? what if other people have been eating hot dogs on the sidelines before and it was nothing new. Then it wouldnt have been a big deal, even though by your standards it is still unprofessional.

I think its funny how touchdown celebrations and taunting are accepted by the media but hot dog eating is not?

ps. energy bars taste like sh**

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
          see here's the problem though. Who made that ok? what if other people have been eating hot dogs on the sidelines before and it was nothing new. Then it wouldnt have been a big deal, even though by your standards it is still unprofessional.

I think its funny how touchdown celebrations and taunting are accepted by the media but hot dog eating is not?

ps. energy bars taste like sh**
          Oh come on. Most players dont even drink water anymore, it's all gatorade. We're talking about junk food on the sidelines. I know it sounds silly but, it's just not the place.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

It's only an issue because it's a QB in New York. We have to talk about it.

Edit: I mean him eating the hot dog on the sideline, I wasn't taking away from the great gesture of donating!
            Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 10-28-2009, 10:28 PM.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Hot dogs are delicious, I wish I had one right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Hot dogs with bratwurst is the best. Or the fried ones.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  It's just unprofessional. I mean it's not a huge deal but, it still doesnt look good. I've had teammates stuff their face on the sideline back in the day before, it just makes them and the rest of team look bad. I'm sure those that have played, would understand it better than those that havent played.
                  I agree and it's a rookie. What's next, fire up the grill and have a piece of Salmon? Looks lame to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    I do have one right now. More than one fact. Why I'm eating dinner at 11:18 at night is another story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                      I still don't understand why him eating a hot dog was a big deal...
                      Or why he had to apoligize for it, I mean, seriously? I get that it's not "football etiquite" or whatever you wanna call it, but if you can rip a guys head off on the field, I find it a bit ironic that it's "out of place" to eat a hotdog briefly on the sideline.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        I do have one right now. More than one fact. Why I'm eating dinner at 11:18 at night is another story though.
                        Don't be an idiot! It's not even 8:30. Man that hot dog sounds pretty good though. I could really go for one.

Comment

how is a qb putting a weiner in his mouth during a game not a big story? but it is a great move donating food to a soup kitchen. almost makes me forgive him for that 5 interception performance against the bills.
                          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I volunteered at that kitchen once

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I understand both sides of it. Sometimes a guy just needs to eat something during a game. Maybe a hotdog was the first thing that was handy and sounded good. But it could also be seen as little disrespectful to the other team, if you are beating them so easily you have time to grab some food.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I bet a fan threw it at him so he just decided to eat it instead of allowing such horrible littering to take place.

Sanchez for human of the year, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information