No announcement yet.

Vince Young Starting vs Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young will have a terrible game with two interceptions and the Titans will lose by double-digits, but he will throw one long 50+ yard TD when one of our crappy safeties whiffs on a play-action leaving Justin Gage wide open (and Vince Young will have 10 seconds to throw, giving him more than enough time to notice this).

Despite the loss and the interceptions, the TD pass will have the ESPN idiots right back on his jockstrap.

Comment

• Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
        Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.
        Besides the win, his stat line looked good. I didn't catch the game, did he really play that well?

Comment

I don't understand how using your starting QB could ever be considered a wildcat offense.
          If i'm not mistaken, the "Wildcat" offense is when you have guys motioning from the slot and then having the option read play with the QB. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have someone other than the QB playing the position, it just so happens that most of the time, it's more efficient with a RB.

Corch Irvin Myers ran it a lot with Tebow and Percy Harvin and it was beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            If i'm not mistaken, the "Wildcat" offense is when you have guys motioning from the slot and then having the option read play with the QB. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have someone other than the QB playing the position, it just so happens that most of the time, it's more efficient with a RB.

Corch Irvin Myers ran it a lot with Tebow and Percy Harvin and it was beautiful.
            I always thought that was just a spread option play and wildcat was a specific formation where a RB/WR or whatever takes the snap. I dunno, I think we need an authority on the subject.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I always thought that was just a spread option play and wildcat was a specific formation where a RB/WR or whatever takes the snap. I dunno, I think we need an authority on the subject.
              A lot of what teams are doing now is just a pure option read out of the shotgun. Texas rode that offense all the way to a NC. WV did that, along with many many other college programs. What the Dolphins run is NOT the same as what most other teams in the NFL are running.

Most of the time Ricky Williams is coming in motion and Ronnie Brown has the option.

Comment

• Lots of designed QB runs today. Even had CJ and LenDale in the backfield with him at one point with some misdirection. Gotta wonder if the threat of VY running helped open things up for CJ's 200+ yards rushing.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Three words:

Just. Wins. Games.
                  Two words:

It's Jacksonville.

Comment

• Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    Young will have a terrible game with two interceptions and the Titans will lose by double-digits, but he will throw one long 50+ yard TD when one of our crappy safeties whiffs on a play-action leaving Justin Gage wide open (and Vince Young will have 10 seconds to throw, giving him more than enough time to notice this).

Despite the loss and the interceptions, the TD pass will have the ESPN idiots right back on his jockstrap.
                    Not quite.

Also, I hardly noticed anyone from ESPN all over his jock, all I hear from most ESPN analyst are that he cannot play the QB position, and if it's not all of them there is a large number of them. Hardly get how you think someone would be "back on" his jockstrap if that were to even happen, he hardly gets love like you make it seem.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Looks like I was half right at least, his presence would help motivate more than anything else.

Comment

• What, you guys don't think VY is the best thing eva to play this game. Hell, I do, even the great StarHeather thought VY was going to be the greatest QB ever to play the position. I mean he has everything. ESPN hype, big game experience, great accuracy, outstanding athleticism.........hahaha sorry, but I can't keep the joke going.

Young is horrible, and Fisher knows the bottom will fall out again, he didn't do anything today that would make anyone believe that he was the reason why they won. Johnson was ballin today, and the defense beat up on a horrific Jag offense that almost lost to the horrid Rams.....Young is NFL garbage and is a lock to be cut at the end of the year because no franchise would dare take a $14 million cap hit on a scrub like that. If they do, then they deserve what they get and thats being terribad.

Anyway, in todays game the Jags apparently forget to stack the box and make Young beat them with his arm.

But the ESPN pundits will of course say that Young should have gone to the Texans and that Mario is a bust and that Reggie Bush is God's gift to the football world....wait.....is it 2006 again?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

Do you intentionally call coach Urban Meyer "corch Irvin Myers"? Or is that just a crazy fail post?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                            What, you guys don't think VY is the best thing eva to play this game. Hell, I do, even the great StarHeather thought VY was going to be the greatest QB ever to play the position. I mean he has everything. ESPN hype, big game experience, great accuracy, outstanding athleticism.........hahaha sorry, but I can't keep the joke going.

Young is horrible, and Fisher knows the bottom will fall out again, he didn't do anything today that would make anyone believe that he was the reason why they won. Johnson was ballin today, and the defense beat up on a horrific Jag offense that almost lost to the horrid Rams.....Young is NFL garbage and is a lock to be cut at the end of the year because no franchise would dare take a $14 million cap hit on a scrub like that. If they do, then they deserve what they get and thats being terribad.

Anyway, in todays game the Jags apparently forget to stack the box and make Young beat them with his arm.

But the ESPN pundits will of course say that Young should have gone to the Texans and that Mario is a bust and that Reggie Bush is God's gift to the football world....wait.....is it 2006 again?
                            I was wondering when you'd get your Williams plug in.

No one calling VY a Pro Bowler. But, Kerry Collins led the Titans to a 17-37 beat down in Jacksonville. Vince Young led the Titans to a 30-13 win in Tennessee, and helped win them their first game of the season.

You have a bias against Young for the bashing the Texans took for taking Williams ahead of him, but if you don't think Young helped win them the game today, then you're either blind or ignorant.

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                            Do you intentionally call coach Urban Meyer "corch Irvin Myers"? Or is that just a crazy fail post?
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              he hardly gets love like you make it seem.
                              I believe he might be talking about how ESPN acted prior to his 2nd & 3rd seasons.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                She's my representative.

****** up, I know.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information