• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
    Jamarcus Russell
    Jake Delhomme
    Michael Vick
    Byron Leftwich
    Shaun Hill
    Brad Edwards, Daunte Culpepper and Seneca Wallace want in.

Comment

I dont know, there are so many good ones if you think about it. Im not sure there is a purpose to making a top 3, top 5, top 10, etc. There are a lot of QBs that I would love to build my franchise around and know they are good enough to win a Super Bowl one day. After that said how they are viewed is a reflection of the teams performance around them, the great games that will cement their legacy and other intangible factors.

Comment

1a. Tom Brady (He has the rings, he wins, and looks like he is back to form.)

1b. Peyton Manning (Looks the best of his career, amazingly)

3. Drew Brees (Great find for the Saints, and he fits the system in NO so well)

4. Ben Roethlisberger (Call me a homer if you want, but he is a Top 5 QB, not a Top 5 "passer". He wins, 2nd most rings of a starting QB)

5. Aaron Rodgers (just my opinion, love the way he plays)

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Those sack numbers against Rodgers are a joke

Most of those players are average

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

not most, all of them besides Allen

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              carson palmer can talk to someone about top five when he plays more than one complete game. curt warner can piss off, as he's not, afaik, an actual nfl quarterback.
              I knew when I came into this thread someone was going to be mentioning Carson Palmer as honorable mention, if not into their own top 5, I just didn't expect to see it so soon.

For some reason people have no problems annointing him when he's yet to prove worthy of it, other then being drafted high and having elite physical attributes.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I knew when I came into this thread someone was going to be mentioning Carson Palmer as honorable mention, if not into their own top 5, I just didn't expect to see it so soon.

For some reason people have no problems annointing him when he's yet to prove worthy of it, other then being drafted high and having elite physical attributes.
                I agree I never understood these people who call Carson Palmer an elite qb? A few years ago yes not now.

Comment

i don't have a problem with that. but brady doesn't belong there, either.
                  Posting your Top 5 would add validity to your argument because you claim a bunch of guys don't belong but you haven't said who does belong.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    Those sack numbers against Rodgers are a joke

Most of those players are average
                    that's just how bad that line is.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                      that's just how bad that line is.
                      Dosen't help that the starting LT has been out a good portion of the season. But yea, it's been bad.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

i'll happily post my top 5 when i've seen every qb in the league at least once. until then, it seems sort of silly.
                        So how can you say Brady isn't in the top 5 unless you can name 5 QBs ahead of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Spit NO View Post
                          So how can you say Brady isn't in the top 5 unless you can name 5 QBs ahead of him?
                          He's saying he knows 5 QB's ahead of Brady, but doesn't know the top 5. They're not necessarily the same. Brady could be 6th, or he could be 7th, 8th, 9th and so on. He's just not sure because he hasn't seen every QB play.

I don't necessarily agree, Brady is an excellent QB and it's extremely hard to argue him out of the top 5. However, I get what he's saying and respect it.

edit: I could be wrong, I'm not trying to be the interpreter for njx9, just telling you what I took away from his post.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...e=NFL&rank=230

Here it is for you. Brady and Schaub are #2 and #3 in YAC [QBs]. No surprise that the majority of great QBs are at the top of this passing category, so I don't really hold it against them.

I want to reiterate this link, for all the people saying that the Saints' "system" inflates Drew Brees' yards. I'd love to hear exactly how it inflates it, if he is only 14th in yards after the catch.

It's a system that inflates your stats if you can fit the ball into really tight windows down field. :D
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              As of right now including previous body of work
                              1. Peyton Manning
                              2. Tom Brady
                              3. Drew Brees
                              4. Brett Favre
                              5. Kurt Warner

based on only this season
                              1. Peyton Manning
                              2. Drew Brees
                              3. Aaron Rodgers
                              4. Matt Schaub
                              5. Kyle Orton/Brett Favre
                              Wait...holdon, are you saying best careers above?
                              Favre would have to be far ahead of brees.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Tony Romo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information