Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs cutting Larry Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Don't like him to come to New England after meditating on it. Just doesn't seem to be a good fit. If Maroney can't succeed in our offense, I doubt Johnson can. It's just not conducive to a between the tackles type runner. We don't run it enough to get anyone any kind of feel or rhythm. CJ Spiller is the type of guy who would be good here, Johnson is the exact opposite.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • #47
      I think Houston should go for him. The last Chiefs outcast they got turned out pretty well for them and they need a big back.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Splat View Post
        Except for the fact that LJ complains when used in the committee role.
        I think he realizes he won't be a feature back anymore. If not, then he won't get signed anywhere. Probably wouldn't be overly expensive, back to PA, and he'll have his chances.


        Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

        Comment


        • #49
          He could do something somewhere but his time too shine was the years Trent Green was passing for 4000 yards and having a line of Waters, Wiegmann, Shields and Roaf. Since he got his paper he has been ****. I dont care if his lines have sucked since he falls at the line of scrimmage if he is touched by Merton Hanks.
          Last edited by bored of education; 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Splat View Post
            No its because he got paid and doesn't care any more.
            He'd care if he had something to play for, like a winning season or a championship. Put him on a team with a coach that will make him accountable and he could be a very good pickup for a team looking for another back.

            It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for a disgruntled player, although LJ comes with a lot of baggage.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              He'd care if he had something to play for, like a winning season or a championship. Put him on a team with a coach that will make him accountable and he could be a very good pickup for a team looking for another back.

              It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for a disgruntled player, although LJ comes with a lot of baggage.
              We have a coach now who was holding him accountable and he still bitched and moaned. Why would another coach be different?

              You people keep making excuses for him but he's garbage and he has been for years.

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • #52
                Kills me how fans always think their team has a magic wand and can deal with any player.

                Its never the players fault it was always his ex team didn't know how to use,coach or control him.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  Kills me how fans always think their team has a magic wand and can deal with any player.

                  Its never the players fault it was always his ex team didn't know how to use,coach or control him.
                  Using that logic DeAngelo Hall should have turned into the greatest cornerback of all time.

                  Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                  Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    If he can hold onto the ball then I dont care what his YPC is I would still love him as a Texan.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Edit- Wrong thread.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Delusional Tim Ruskell will sign Johnson for the "playoff push." Then he'll get fired.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                        - Ko Simpson

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          he falls at the line of scrimmage if he is touched by Merton Hanks.
                          watchu know 'bout that neck?


                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Adam Schefter reports on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown that Larry Johnson has stated he wishes to clear waivers and sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers:

                            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/

                            http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NfL&id=1315

                            http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1...hnson-wants-to

                            As a Steelers fan, I'm all for it, I think he could be useful. We already have a franchise back in Rashard Mendenhall, a third-down back in Mewelde Moore, and Larry Johnson could find a role in between. Willie Parker honestly hasn't done anything for the past two games, though he might still be injured though.

                            The guy wants to play here (ever since the 2003 draft, when he was disappointed the Steelers didn't draft him) and would probably not be as problematic as he was with Kansas City.

                            If he wants to sign with the Steelers, he has to know he's no longer the feature back. A committee of Mendenhall, Johnson, Moore, and Parker could be very productive.

                            What do you guys think?

                            Props to clover_jeez!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                              Adam Schefter reports on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown that Larry Johnson has stated he wishes to clear waivers and sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers:

                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/

                              http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NfL&id=1315

                              http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1...hnson-wants-to

                              As a Steelers fan, I'm all for it, I think he could be useful. We already have a franchise back in Rashard Mendenhall, a third-down back in Mewelde Moore, and Larry Johnson could find a role in between. Willie Parker honestly hasn't done anything for the past two games, though he might still be injured though.

                              The guy wants to play here (ever since the 2003 draft, when he was disappointed the Steelers didn't draft him) and would probably not be as problematic as he was with Kansas City.

                              If he wants to sign with the Steelers, he has to know he's no longer the feature back. A committee of Mendenhall, Johnson, Moore, and Parker could be very productive.

                              What do you guys think?
                              A lot of people here have this "feeling" that a new change of scenery or a new coaching staff or a new offensive line and he will be different.

                              He had three coaches in Kansas City and they hit every possible range on the meter. Vermeil was looked at as if he coddled his players too much, Haley is looked at like a super dick who gives them no freedom, and then you have Herm in between. He had problems with every. single. one. of. them. It will be no different with Tomlin.

                              We can forget for a minute that he's the kind of runner you generally don't like going into their 30s because of the wear on him and the way he runs and we can forget that he has always placed the blame at someone else.

                              But, when a player calls out your coaching staff publically, you have a problem. When a player calls members of the media derogatory slurs, you have a problem. When a player is out all night drinking the night before a game and acts like he doesn't care, you have a problem. And lastly, and this has to be my favorite, when a player spits on women in night clubs, you have a problem.

                              These are not things he magically picked up in Kansas City. These are major character flaws. This is who he is. Nothing will change these no matter where he lives or the guys blocking for him. He will be the same person in Pittsburgh that he is in Kansas City right now.
                              Last edited by vidae; 11-10-2009, 02:34 AM. Reason: wording

                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                LJ over the last little while is just not running very hard, I've seen him go down on first contact wayyyyy too often. That could be a result of either being burned out or more likely not giving a crap. I had him pegged as a potential sleeper this year but ultimately a lot of things factored into zero production. I'm sure he might be somewhat productive in the right situation, but any team that brings him in at this point is probably asking for trouble. Steelers don't need him btw.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information