How good is Chris Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Chris Johnson

I haven't heard his name mentioned up there with the best backs in the league yet, but do you guys think he's there yet? Is Adrian Peterson still a tier above him?

His rookie season he had 1600+ yards and 10 TD's while splitting carries and was just a hair away from averaging 5 YPC. This season he's on pace for 2,000 yards and averaging a sick 6.7

The Titans running back is averaging 6.7 yards per carry, the highest average for a rushing yards leader through nine weeks since 1970, according to the league.

CJ looks like his first 2 years will be better then Peterson's, he's a great receiver, shown he can run tough inside the tackles. Is this not the player that the Saints thought they would get with the #2 pick?

How long you going to give him before annointing him? I know that last year was a pretty good rookie RB class but CJ looks really special to me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

He is easily one of the best offensive players in the NFL and the 2nd best RB to me
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
      He is easily one of the best offensive players in the NFL and the 2nd best RB to me
      Really? Even over Steven Jackson and DeAngelo Williams? I still like those two over Chris Johnson, and of course Adrian Peterson being number 1.

Comment

as titans fan i personally do have homer bias, there is noone more explosive than him in the league right now (not saying he is the only extremely explosive player but no1 is more explosive than him) he can run between the tackles and gain yards but he is most dangerous at the perimeter because of his speed, as he showed on his long run against SF that was pulled back he has incredible feet and balance and well he is very self confident he doesnt have the diva attitude that brings talented players down. He for me is 1A and 1B with Peterson, as much as i love peterson i cant put him above johnson because johnsons impact for the titans the last 2 years has been imeasurable and without him we would have gone nowhere last year and certainly wouldnt have 2 wins this year. it will be interesting to see him against the worst run defense this sunday...300 yards?

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
          Really? Even over Steven Jackson and DeAngelo Williams? I still like those two over Chris Johnson, and of course Adrian Peterson being number 1.
          What has Steven Jackson done since is 1500 yard season? I know the offense is piss poor outside him but really? You have never really seen a titans game have you? I can understand DeAngelo, just because he has been in the NFL longer, but Chris Johnson has had a better start to his career than both and is playing MUCH better than Deangelo this year.
          Last edited by DoughBoy; 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
            Yeah over both of them, not taking anything away from either one of them though.
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

What's not to like, he is a speed demon with good vision, insane burst, and a stellar set of run blockers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came close to 2000. Maybe a notch below Peterson? Even that is iffy at this point.

Comment

right now, Chris Johnson is the number 2 back in the NFL.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I love how he doesn't over dance at the line and instead hit the hole. A great RB.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                  like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

I love the way he plays I rate him as the #2 RB behind Peterson. If I could build a offense I would take a back like him in a heart beat and get a FB like McClain who can be a lead blocker/power back.

Comment

I don't see how you can put Steven Jackson ahead of him at this point. He just can't stay healthy enough. He's having a good season so far though.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

I would take CJ over Jackson in a heart beat its not even close.

Comment

Depending on scheme, I would take him over Peterson in some situations. Granted, it's almost a given Peterson is going to have another holy **** season in a few years that might make my saying that look silly, but I love Johnson's game. He is exactly what Reggie Bush was supposed to be. He's good for at least one game changing play a week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

right now if you tell me I can have any running back in the league on my team, I would take Adrian Peterson of course but after him I think it's either Chris Johnson or MJD...I think that those three are the premier running backs in the league right now.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I thought he'd be good but not this good.

For Dallas at least, he will always be linked with Felix Jones and I sure hope Felix will get to see as many touches as Chris gets to see, one day. Right now, Felix is so under used it's disgusting. Then again, he's also had a problem staying healthy. I honestly dont think his health matters to Garrett, though. He just forgets about him for whatever reason.

But yeah, Chris is just insane. Would I take him over AD in any situation? No. But I dont have a big problem calling him the 2nd best RB in the league right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information