No announcement yet.

How good is Chris Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is what Michael Bennett was supposed to develop into.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
      Alot of Steelers players go train with Tom Shaw. He apparently is awesome. Little known fact and not one that is apparent in his play. Tom Shaw has said that Ike Taylor is the fastest guy he has ever trained. And he has trained CJ and Deion.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_635267.html
      Yea, I read that when I was going across some articles about Tom Shaw, was pretty interesting actually considering everyone he has trained. Never knew he was that fast.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        How many of CJ's TD runs have come outside of the 20?
        Four of his six TDs.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Four of his six TDs.
          Yup, the San Fran game was the first time he scored a TD of under 40-yards.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I don't see the Barry comparison as much. Johnson is taller and thinner, and much more of a 1 cut runner.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
              He is what Michael Bennett was supposed to develop into.
              I would say the same about Reggie Bush too

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I haven't heard his name mentioned up there with the best backs in the league yet, but do you guys think he's there yet? Is Adrian Peterson still a tier above him?

His rookie season he had 1600+ yards and 10 TD's while splitting carries and was just a hair away from averaging 5 YPC. This season he's on pace for 2,000 yards and averaging a sick 6.7

CJ looks like his first 2 years will be better then Peterson's, he's a great receiver, shown he can run tough inside the tackles. Is this not the player that the Saints thought they would get with the #2 pick?

How long you going to give him before annointing him? I know that last year was a pretty good rookie RB class but CJ looks really special to me.
                He's running the ball better than any back in the NFL right now. I remember Scott Wright said that Tennesse made a terrible pick in drafting him because they already had LenDale White and Chris Henry. He was obviously wrong. The bottom line is that he'd be getting more attention if he played in New York or Boston.
                Last edited by wordofi; 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Is Peterson really that bad of a blocker, or is it just because he's so good at running that people just want to downgrade him on something?
                  He is spot on average, not a bad blocker, not a good blocker. Just average, not the kind of back that you leave in to block an elite rusher, but he can slow someone a bit, I think it is more that for someone his size you sort of think automatically that he should be a dominant blocker and the fact that he isn't gets overstated to the point where people are overly critical of his blocking.

I just love the way that Johnson makes a quick read, makes his cut and explodes, it helps him greatly having such a good line opening the holes, but he is still the guy who sees them, reacts and then just blazes

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    I don't care how little talent Steven Jackson has around him, he can't be called the best back in the league this season when we're half way through it and he has one total TD.
                    That doesn't matter. You see his team? total garbage. how he is 3rd in the league in rushing and 2nd in total yards is astonishing. Teams that play the Rams just stack up to stop him and they still can't do it. No way Marc Bulger and his 55.9 cmp%(26th in nfl) 10/27 in the redzone, or his 5.5 YPA(28th in NFL) Scares anyone. Heck since 2007 Marc Bulger has statistically been one of the worst starting Quarterback in the NFL. In that span Bulger ranks 39th among NFL quarterbacks in completion percentage, 42nd in yards per attempt and 40th in passer rating.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      That doesn't matter. You see his team? total garbage. how he is 3rd in the league in rushing and 2nd in total yards is astonishing. Teams that play the Rams just stack up to stop him and they still can't do it. No way Marc Bulger and his 55.9 cmp%(26th in nfl) 10/27 in the redzone, or his 5.5 YPA(28th in NFL) Scares anyone. Heck since 2007 Marc Bulger has statistically been one of the worst starting Quarterback in the NFL. In that span Bulger ranks 39th among NFL quarterbacks in completion percentage, 42nd in yards per attempt and 40th in passer rating.

It's not like Tennessee is much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

I think you may be confused. What QB does Tennessee have that scares teams? What WR's? Your talking about Bulger like Collins and VY are great deep field passers that open up lanes for CJ.

Comment

• You added and extra 'o' to the title. It should read 'How god is Chris Johnson?'

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            I have him at #2, still slightly behind AP

1. AP
                            2. CJ
                            3-5. Jackson, Gore, Williams
                            6. Turner
                            7. Brown
                            8. MJD
                            MJD is way better than both Turner and Brown, and should be in that third category.

Chris Johnson is dominant. My question is this: How long can it last? Speed is the first thing to go for a player, and his style is such that just one major knee injury could totally wreck his career, even if he rehabs perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                              MJD is way better than both Turner and Brown, and should be in that third category.

Chris Johnson is dominant. My question is this: How long can it last? Speed is the first thing to go for a player, and his style is such that just one major knee injury could totally wreck his career, even if he rehabs perfectly.

Is it? He has Deion Sanders/Darrell Green speed. Even when he slows down by age he will still be one of the fastest players in the league, just like they were ten+ years into their career. You are right about the injury risk though.

Comment

• Well then what isn't an injury risk? People say power runners don't last and are a big risk to injury or shortened career ie Earl Campbell, now people are saying speed runners are a big risk to injury and shortened careers. So the only way to avoid injury risk is to be an average speed timid runner who avoids contact?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information