Brady Quinn starting...again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Quinn sucks, he is mr. check down, and looks only for wide open WR, he can't anticipate WR getting open.

You could say his WR suck if they always dropped passes, or could never ever get open.
    Our WR are the definition of suck.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      i dig the pre-excuses. like, "when he sucks, it's not actually going to be because he sucks. so you can't say he sucks until X, Y and Z."
      You can't though. If he sucks, he's a sucky quarterback on the Browns. It's pretty hard not to be. He's clearly not a quarterback who can elevate the play of the talent around him and do special things on his own Elway-style, but it's hard to write a guy off who's played eight games for the second worst franchise in the NFL. You have to assume he sucks at this point until he proves otherwise, but I can't blame anyone for not wanting to give up on him after eight games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
        The Browns really were just as bad under Quinn. Fans criticized the conservative play-calling but didn't realize it was because of Brady Quinn's comfortability (or lack of) in the pocket. In two and a half games, Quinn took ten sacks. In the twenty two quarters since, Anderson (the more methodical, less mobile of the two) has taken nine sacks. In college, Quinn would pass too much attention to pressure and got happy feet in the pocket, remarkably it's been the exact same here in the NFL.

I've had the distinct.....experience....of watching every Browns game (except Buffalo and Minnesota). Neither of these Quarterbacks can play for this team and succeed, I think that much is fact. When Mangini benched Quinn in favor of Derek Anderson in the second half of the Baltimore game in Week 3, he wasn't thinking contract incentives, he was thinking about how he could open up this offense and provide some life.

The next week, Cincinnati came to town, and Derek Anderson looked more comfortable and stable than any Browns QB has all year to this day. It looked as if this was just a better team with Anderson, a more experienced, confident, and stronger armed passer. He made his mistakes, but kept the Browns close to the Bengals en route to an overtime loss. Still, more positives came out of that came than any, as the offense had its' best showing and a connection appeared to have been born between Anderson and Mohamed Massaquoi. This had the team confident enough to get rid of talented headache receiver Braylon Edwards. The next week, Anderson and the passing game had their worst showing of the year in Buffalo, but the team won. In past weeks against Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Chicago nothing has worked and Mangini has kept Quinn on the sidelines as a sign of patience and stability. Now it's clear to him that Anderson can't be giving the Browns their best chance to win and you might as well see what you have in the young arm of Brady Quinn.

This isn't the owner/coach looking for ways to avoid paying their players, it is the team looking at two equally bad options and going back and forth, waffling on which is better for the team. Barring injury, however, I'd expect that Quinn starts the rest of the year... even if that means an 0-8 finish. It's a hard subject to place time and interest into as a football fan, as it really couldn't matter less which quarterback plays in reality. Still, I think the fans are being overly critical of the organization, rather than starting at the core, the team itself.
        Your assessments are dead on, but about the critical aspect:The issue is that there is little doubt that these two guys[Quinn-Anderson] would be playing better under the previous offense of Chudzinski. The current OC is the youngest in the NFL, if i remember hearing correctly, and seems completely overwhelmed with his task. A Mangini hand pick, just like his GM.

Originally posted by borg9
        Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Quinn was a pick away from being a Chief they got stuck with Dwayne Bowe instead...

Comment

Anyone that has made up their mind that Brady Quinn sucks based on the available sample size is an idiot.

He's only thrown 174 passes.

If he's already a bust, then so are Mark Sanchez, Matt Stafford, Vince Young, and JaFatass Russell. They've produced similarly to Quinn, and all have more pass attempts than him.

Is he a bust because he doesn't JUSSS WINZZZ GAYMEZZZ?
            Last edited by Monomach; 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
              I'm tired of the people on here pretending that Quinn is some stud who's being held back by a bad team. That's not the case. Quinn sucks.
              Uhh have you taken a look at the 10 other field that line up with Quinn on offense? Ain't exactly putting up touchdowns at a record pace.

Come on, after you see a guy throw 1 TD and 11 int's, how is this not the move to make? Might as well see what you invested in before you make another drastic move in the draft the next season.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

This thread has to be satire of ignorant football analysis, there's no other way to explain the hyperbole and lack of intelligent thought flying around.

Comment

8 games really isn't an adequate sample size to evaluate a young QB. The Browns should have started Quinn a full 16 games at least, then made their evaluation, which still is somewhat premature.
                  Aikman and Steve Young SUCKED after 8 games. Peyton wasn't Peyton either after 8 games.
                  Anyone remember Drew Brees after 8 starts??

The best thing for all parties is for Quinn to get out of Cleveland and start over somewhere else IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                    Wasn't Derek Anderson good a few years ago?
                    Only for people who didn't actually watch the games.

Trust me. I saw almost every Browns game that year, at not one point was Anderson impressive. Winslow and Edwards bailed him out; catching inaccurate ball after ball that was thrown to them. He's never been good.
                    Just play me, baby

Comment

ESPN has on the NFL Page, Brady Quinn linked to the Broncos, wtf, the trade deadline is over!

Comment

This is another pathetic showing by Brady Quinn who has been sacked twice, hasn't thrown a pass further than 10 yards downfield, and hasn't thrown a single pass down the middle... Now two interceptions and a pick six. His second interception has the Ravens in position to score again.

With Anderson this offense is inefficient, with Quinn they are anemic.

This is bad play calling, bad coaching...but most of all, awful quarterbacking.
                        Last edited by ThePudge; 11-16-2009, 10:37 PM.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Brady Quinn sucks balls. I knew he would never amount to ****. **** his pro style offense he ran in college. He needs the Shark.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I like how the forum has turned from loving Brady Quinn (circa 2006) to hating him. At least I was skeptical of him back in the day; although, to be fair, I did like Jamarcus Russell. That said, the Raiders will ruin any prospect, can't miss or otherwise.

Comment

I loved J Russ. **** my life on that one. I always hated Quinn. Such a preppy ****** bwoi who ain't **** with out the Shark
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

the amount of 2 step drops to quick shots to the WR that are being called by CLE Is embarassing

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information