Peter King mid-season all pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good list.

I'd probably put Vernon Davis over Dallas Clark though. He leads the league in TDs and has no QB, where as Clark has Payton.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//20...eam/index.html

I am shocked to see Oher on that list, but I agree with all his awards, except I would consider putting Benson over Favre for comeback player.
      I loved the pick up of Alex Mack and still do but I would have rather had Oher at right tackle...

It's not like Mangini knew Tucker was gonna get hurt again though.

Comment

Peter king needs to learn there's more than www.nfl.com/stats and weekly highlights when writing about football.

Comment

im gonna kill myself if Favre wins CPotY

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            Nuh uh, the bolts are drafting Trent Williams to play RT across from McNeill so there.

Seriously though I love Oher and came pretty close to throwing the remote when he was passed in favor of Larry English. Who I also love, but let's be real.

Oher should be OROY
            There's no way any o-linemen will ever get a chance at that award haha, but I will say, Oher has the best chance because of his movie coming out. But with big named guys like Percy Harvin, Sanchez, Stafford, Wells, Maclin and Moreno, it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Pretty good list.

I'd probably put Vernon Davis over Dallas Clark though. He leads the league in TDs and has no QB, where as Clark has Payton.
                Dallas has been clutch this year though, picking up huge first downs for us, and catching 14 passes last week.

VD has played very well, but I would argue having no QB helps him, as he is a nice safety blanket for a dodgy QB.

Can't go wrong either way, and VD is a better blocker so it's probably a toss up.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Why does Peter King still have a job?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Why does Peter King still have a job?
                    I ask this about many so called experts.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hate Peter King but this team isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        I doubt it, Cedric Benson has got that locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                          I doubt it, Cedric Benson has got that locked up.
                          Yeah right, it will be Brady. It's a media award, remember?

also it's not like Cedric is coming back to anything...it's closer to a breakout than anything else, and there is no award for that.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Benson, but what is he coming back from? He played well towards the end of last year and has taken a huge step forward this year. It's not like he was completely awful or injured last year. Same with Favre. Why does he get a "comeback" award just because he was terrible in the final five games last year? It's not like he was terrible the whole season.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, but how the **** is he even eligible? To me you have to actually come back from something to be eligible for this award, and that doesn't include your own indecisiveness.

Favre has played 16 games for how many seasons now? What makes him any more eligible than say Manning? I mean both played 16 games, both were "injured" last year, both are playing better than last year.

If Brady doesn't win CPoTY I would be surprised, he has comeback from a real injury and is playing well. Benson sort of loses votes for me because he came back from his self inflicted problems last year, but is also a decent candidate. I'm sure there are other guys that slip my mind that deserve a mention here, Favre though is not one of them.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                                I wouldn't go that far, but how the **** is he even eligible? To me you have to actually come back from something to be eligible for this award, and that doesn't include your own indecisiveness.

Favre has played 16 games for how many seasons now? What makes him any more eligible than say Manning? I mean both played 16 games, both were "injured" last year, both are playing better than last year.

If Brady doesn't win CPoTY I would be surprised, he has comeback from a real injury and is playing well. Benson sort of loses votes for me because he came back from his self inflicted problems last year, but is also a decent candidate. I'm sure there are other guys that slip my mind that deserve a mention here, Favre though is not one of them.
                                At least Favre is coming off bicep surgery in his throwing arm, Benson is coming off being terrible most of his career and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information