Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fun League strikes again

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

If I was a player I'd do it next week since they ban it. F them let them fine me I wouldn't pay it.

Captain Morgan executives probably blew their loads when Celek did that, they should give Celek a call and make a commercial.

Comment

Well that's just awesome.

Comment

I think the NFL is gonna ban touchdowns soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I think the NFL is gonna ban touchdowns soon..
          No, you just have to be standing straight up and saluting as you cross the goal line.

Comment

The No Fun League's BS stance on TD celebrations is absurd.

This, however, is completely understandable. It's a direct attempt at promoting a specific product during NFL games.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              The No Fun League's BS stance on TD celebrations is absurd.

This, however, is completely understandable. It's a direct attempt at promoting a specific product during NFL games.
              Yeah but the product is exceptional.

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

I can see why they did it...if it kept going down that road we could get players doing stupid advertisements after every single play. But taking money out of the hands of a charity is pretty cruel...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

The funny thing is it's not like Captain Morgan paid Celek to do that, his wife works for the company. He also did it the week before and didn't get a penalty/fine.

Edit: Should've read the article first, I wasn't aware of the campaign. I'm not sure if the wife thing it true or not. Still it's stupid.
                    Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 11-12-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Glad to see the NFL is continuing to work hard at helping its retired players. I mean I get it but thats alot of donated money for a simple pose, going to a good cause.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

The funny thing is, Captain Morgan is getting more publicity from this ordeal without having to pay any money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          Glad to see the NFL is continuing to work hard at helping its retired players. I mean I get it but thats alot of donated money for a simple pose, going to a good cause.

I know the oldschool need and deserve help, but anyone out of money in the last 20 years who needs help financially shouldn't be given handouts from the NFL.

Fact is, even no bodies get upwards of a million dollars most year in the NFL, if you cannot plan your life properly and accordingly look after your money, with all the services agencies and teams now provide it's your own fault.

Stop with the "millionaires can't feed their family" crap.

Comment

The Captain will find a way to make a substantial donation anyway. He's just that cool.

Comment

I wasnt saying they cant feed their families or anything, or that the NFL should be giving hand outs, which the article isnt even about. Morgans company was doing this for charity, for a simple pose, no harm done. I get that if this continued it would get a bit ridiculous but it was a great gesture, as well as something fun to see and be entertained by, which is why we all watch the game, to be entertained no?

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information