Week 10 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 Power Rankings

The holders of the top two spots have trouble maintaining their unbeaten records, the top of the NFC East slips in Green Bay, while a former bottom dweller continues its rise.

1. New Orleans Saints (9-0) – Turnovers and injuries are starting to take their toll as starting CB Tracy Porter is out up to six weeks.

2. Indianapolis Colts (9-0) – The Colts defense stepped up when they needed to against New England, now their in the driver's spot in the AFC.

3. Minnesota Vikings (8-1) – Barring a complete meltdown, the Vikings all but have the NFC North locked up.

4. Cincinnati Bengals (7-2) – The Bengals swept the Steelers for the first time since 1998. They have to wait until week 12 when they host the Browns to complete the sweep of the NFC North.

5. New England Patriots (6-3) – Whether you agree with it or not, Brady and Belichick's call to go for it on 4th down cost them the game and showed how little faith they have in their defense.

6. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) - Pittsburgh isn't used to being bullied by the Bengals but that's exactly what happened this past Sunday.

7. Arizona Cardinals (6-3) – Already 4-0 on the road and they travel to St. Louis this week. You can safely assume they will be 5-0 on the road after this week.

8. San Diego Chargers (6-3) – Suddenly, the Chargers are tied with the Broncos for best in the division.

9. Houston Texans (5-4) – The Texans haven't allowed a 100+ yard rusher since week 3 and host the red hot Titans and Chris Johnson on MNF. Somethings gotta give.

10. Denver Broncos (6-3) – After a hot start the ponies have dropped three in a row and now have Chris Simms starting against the Chargers.

11. Dallas Cowboys (6-3) – Nothing is guaranteed, as on paper that game against Green Bay seemed like it should be a W, but the Cowboys can bounce back when they host Washington this week.

12. Philadelphia Eagles (5-4) – LeSean McCoy should carry the rock from now on so Westbrook could come back healthy next year from his concussion.

13. Baltimore Ravens (5-4) – Despite the fact that Cleveland's defense played very well, the lack of offensive production for Baltimore is a cause for concern.

14. Atlanta Falcons (5-4) – Matty Ice is going through his sophomore slump which is not good for Atlanta's playoff hopes.

15. New York Giants (5-4) – A win against a faltering Atlanta team would help them get back on track.

16. Green Bay Packers (5-4) – Add another four sacks to Aaron Rodgers bringing him to 41 on the season but the only stat that matter is that one added to the W column.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-4) – The Jaguars seem to have found their MoJo and have another winnable game against the Bills this week to prove it.

18. Miami Dolphins (4-5) – Tampa was tougher than expected and now they will be without Ronnie Brown when they go to Carolina Thursday night.

19. Carolina Panthers (4-5) – Carolina has looked much differently the past couple of weeks and seem to be coming together as a team.

20. San Francisco 49ers (4-5) – It wasn't pretty but the 49ers prevailed over the Bears last Thursday. This week they stay in the NFC North and go to Green Bay.

21. Tennessee Titans (3-6) – The Titans have been a different team since their bye week and have cranked off three straight wins. Monday night at Houston will prove just how far this team has come.

22. New York Jets (4-5) – The “San-chize” has looked to be anything but and their defense really misses Kris Jenkins, which doesn't point to a kind week when they travel to Foxboro Sunday.

23. Chicago Bears (4-5) – Another 5 INTs for Cutler Thursday night brings his total to a league high 17 on the season, four more than Jake Delhomme, who is second.

24. Washington Redskins (3-6) – Surprise. Surprise. The Redskins have life in them after all.

25. Seattle Seahawks (3-6) – The Jim Mora Jr. era is not starting off as expected.

26. Buffalo Bills (3-6) – It was only a matter of time before Dick Jauron was let go.

27. Kansas City Chiefs (2-7) – There are still two more winnable games on the schedule.

28. Oakland Raiders (2-7) – 10 penalties, 90 yards total passing offense. Two different quarterbacks in one game. That about sums up the Raiders season.

29. St. Louis Rams (1-8) – They were competitive for four quarters against the Saints which is an improvement.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-8) – At least they have their franchise QB in Josh Freeman, who makes them competitive.

31. Detroit Lions (1-8) – Game of the season coming up this Sunday when Cleveland comes to town.

32. Cleveland Browns (1-8) – This team makes the Raiders look like world beaters.
    Last edited by diabsoule; 11-18-2009, 01:52 AM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Man I can't wait for the Detroit/Cleveland game.

I'm putting a lot of chanting into the Chargers beating the Broncos because we've got KC and CLE after that, staring a 9-3 record in the face. Tough to complain.

Comment

With the way we've been playing I will be surprised if we beat the Bills or the Browns.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I think we're better than the Texans and probably the Broncos with Simms at quarterback. Then again, that's on paper.

Comment

Orton is actually going to be playing as far as I know.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/16/bron...-ankle-injury/

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            Man I can't wait for the Detroit/Cleveland game.

I'm putting a lot of chanting into the Chargers beating the Broncos because we've got KC and CLE after that, staring a 9-3 record in the face. Tough to complain.
            If Chris Simms is starting, I for one would like to forfeit. Seeing a 2-0, or whatever the forfeit score is in football would be a lot less painful than seeing the 49-0 shellacking that definitely awaits us. I think our only hope with Simms starting is that Eddie Royal follows up that 2 return TD performance with an 8 TD one.

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
            Orton is actually going to be playing as far as I know.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/16/bron...-ankle-injury/

HOPE!? is that you??

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
              If Chris Simms is starting, I for one would like to forfeit. Seeing a 2-0, or whatever the forfeit score is in football would be a lot less painful than seeing the 49-0 shellacking that definitely awaits us. I think our only hope with Simms starting is that Eddie Royal follows up that 2 return TD performance with an 8 TD one.

HOPE!? is that you??
              Wait, is there actually a forfeit score?

Comment

Man there are alot of bad football teams this year.

Comment

I think Indy has to be number 1 after seeing the Saints the last couple weeks. The Colts just beat one of the best teams in the league and the Saints beat one of the worst teams in the league by five points and it came down to the final drive.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    Wait, is there actually a forfeit score?

That brings me to my next point:

"There can be scoreless ties in football? I'd hate to see what would happen if that happened in the Super Bowl or something. Would there be two trophies? Or would they just give it to the defensive players? Not that we really need to worry about the Super Bowl at this point. Just something to think about I guess. I heard in Canada you get a point for a missed field goal or punt that gets downed in the endzone. Maybe we should do that here? Just cuz I don't think there'd be scoreless ties anymore if we did that."

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Call me crazy, but I actually think the Vikings are a better team the Saints right now. Nobody is talking about it, but Favre only has 3 interceptions so far this year. Since he became the starter in Green Bay back in 1992, he's never thrown for less than 10 interceptions in a season. Right now he's on pace for less than 6 (ya ya I know, "on pace" never pans out).

With Favre's experience and ability to stretch a defense and his new found efficiency plus Adrian Peterson and an excellent defense, I just think they're the top team in the NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                        Call me crazy, but I actually think the Vikings are a better team the Saints right now. Nobody is talking about it, but Favre only has 3 interceptions so far this year. Since he became the starter in Green Bay back in 1992, he's never thrown for less than 10 interceptions in a season. Right now he's on pace for less than 6 (ya ya I know, "on pace" never pans out).

With Favre's experience and ability to stretch a defense and his new found efficiency plus Adrian Peterson and an excellent defense, I just think they're the top team in the NFC.
                        I'd agree with this. The Vikings are scary right now, while the Saints are reeling from bad injuries.

Comment

Yeah I'm probably a little harsh on the Saints.. but I just don't think they've played like the Best team in the league the past few weeks. I mean their body of work still shows me they are in that upper echelon this season... but they have been really sloppy as of late. They've had 13 Turnovers in the past 4 games, and have been shaky on run Defense... although they've been getting gashed early in games and then start tightening up.

I'd say the Colts are probably the best team... I'm not sure I'm ready to say the Vikings are better overall... but they have definitely been playing better Football lately then us. So that strengthens their argument. Either way the Saints are still finding ways to win games, but they are making it closer then it should be with some pretty poor mistakes. New England game will tell us a lot in 2 weeks.
                          Last edited by Auron; 11-17-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I have the Colts #1 Peyton is just in a crazy zone right now.

Comment

Yea, like I said, I think the Vikings are the top team in the NFC, not the league. Colts are definitely #1 right now for me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information