No announcement yet.

Raiders Bench QB JaMarcus Russell Permanently

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be one of the most predictable busts ever in NFL draft history. Raw QB with no work ethic and no intelligence, meet disfunctional organization with poor leadership, no foundation and no direction.

Lesson learned - forget about raw physical skills when you're drafting #1. Don't even ask how far a guy can throw the football until you are 100% sure that he works hard, is a fantastic leader, and has the mental capacity to learn every last detail of an NFL playbook.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Not surprising to me at all. I thought he sucked and would bust for any team before the draft, let alone the Raiders.

He was terribly overrated coming into the draft. Everyone forgets how he was pegged as a 2nd round pick before his Bowl game vs Notre Dame, and how he was pushed up draft boards bc he beat up on a terrible college defense.

He never had any business being the #1 overall pick.

He had poor work ethic, lacked passion, was out of shape, raw, etc.

But he was big and had a big arm.

And that went #1 overall. Ridiculous.

Comment

somewhere Jeff Garcia is laughing while banging his insanely hot wife

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I wonder where Jamarcus would have gone if Oakland wouldn't have drafted him. Detroit? : /

I still like him as a prospect. Give him a new environment. I mean he did have two rookie WRs to start out there year.

Comment

I feel like I'm watching Space Jam. Neither Jamarcus nor Quinn looks like a struggling young QB to me. They just look like BAD QBs. Struggling young QBs with potential make mistakes, but usually put the ball in a good spot. BAD QBs miss throws, often compounded with bad decisions leading to disaster. Russell and Quinn are BAD QBs. I myself liked Russell coming out, he was accurate, great sense of moving around the pocket, rocket of an arm. I thought he'd be like Big Ben. Quinn I wasn't so high on. He struggled under pressure and his mechanics broke down. But I won't deny he was a good QB and prospect. Both these guys lost their accuracy completely, Quinn has lost his mojo.

Ladies and gentlemen, a group of aliens have robbed both of these kids of all their talent. They are planning to take over the world and it's up to the Looney Tunes and a recently retired Brett Favre to stop them(After they succeed, Favre will unretire).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              somewhere Jeff Garcia is laughing while banging his insanely hot wife

oh hai guyz

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

You know how in pretty much any game the camera shows a QB looking at pictures after their teams drive to see how the D is playing them?

Well the other day they showed JR doing that and he flipped threw them all fast like and then handed them to a coach he didn't even care.

I was watching the Colts play and they showed Peyton doing the same thing only he was studying them like he was still a rookie soaking up the info.

That is pretty much all you need to know the guy has talent you don't get drafted with the first pick with out it but you can't teach desire.

Comment

His desire is honestly the biggest thing holding him back. He just doesn't seem to care enough to really work hard to be a good QB. Yeah he is a bad situation, but the guy doesn't even seem to care. They should just cut him at this point.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                    So true

TJack to Oakland next year.
                    Lol, that's just as much of a fail.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

So true

Please!! Do this Al Davis. T-Jack has a super strong arm and can run fast! You know you want him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Russell wasn't in the draft with Peyton Manning.
                        haha just Adrian Peterson!

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          haha just Adrian Peterson!

And Orlando Clady.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

So true

lol, arent him and J Russel the same player?

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

oh hai guyz
                              Thank you for posting this.

Comment

The funniest thing about Jamarcus Russell is his confidence in himself. It is self-esteem gone awry.

I really can't explain it. (the benching) I really don't know what to say about it, but that was (coach Tom Cable's) decision, and just move on.
                                I did a pretty good job
                                He said that of his 109 yard, 1 fumble, 5 sack, 1 INT, sub-5 ypa performance against San Diego.

I don't think it's me personally, I really don't. Do you?
                                Yes Jamarcus, we do.

This guy never had the work ethic to make it work as a pro-QB, which is more about the mental game than the physical one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information