No announcement yet.

Is Darrelle Revis the best in the game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edwards doesn't have anything to do with revis and woodson, but yes there has to be some kind of thought going into any kind of analysis from these stats. i was throwing these stats out there to help people better gauge the difference between the 2. its not that great for 'who's the best' but its pretty good for helping see the differences.

and the worse stat is seeing jeff backus ranked as the 11th best tackle in the league due to his awesome run blocking. if he was that good then kevin smith should run behind him from now on.
    Last edited by Prowler; 12-04-2009, 03:33 PM.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      Any top 3 list without Charles Woodson is a complete joke. The guy is absolutely lights out and it's his run defense and pass rush that sets him above the rest...Along with the lockdown coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        I have to say, that draft ended up being a pretty damn good draft for CB's.

Revis
        Leon Hall
        Aaron Ross
        Chris Houston
        Eric Wright

Plus Brandon Meriweather at safety.

Using Chris Houston and good CB in the same sentence is just wrong in so many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Using Chris Houston and good CB in the same sentence is just wrong in so many ways.
          I mean, he was starting for awhile......................

Seriously though, I haven't watched close to enough Falcons games to make any kind of judgement. I just remember some Atlanta fans on the board talking him up at the end of last year/beginning of this year. Still, both Revis and Hall are very good/great young CB's, and I think Ross and Wright have at the very least shown flashes of being pretty good NFL CB's.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Revis is probably the best in coverage right now, but Woodson is easily the best all-around corner right now. He's not even a full notch below Revis in coverage but is far better against the run and is a better playmaker. I would still rank Asomugha up at the top. He is still having a damn good year, just not as good as his 2007 or 2008.

Comment

The old saying used to be that water covers half the earth and Charles Woodson covers the other half. Personally, I think it's Revis just because of who he's had to face week in and week out. Andre, Moss, MSW, Owens and so on.
              Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

If we were picking corners for a game next week I would take Asomugha over anybody, if I was picking for the future it would be Revis without a doubt. I am reserving a little bit of judgement on Revis right now though, in those "prime-time" matchups he hasn't really been put on an island against a Moss or Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                  The old saying used to be that water covers half the earth and Charles Woodson covers the other half. Personally, I think it's Revis just because of who he's had to face week in and week out. Andre, Moss, MSW, Owens and so on.
                  Water covers more than half the Earth.

Comment

This year it's between Revis and Woodson...both have been lights out. I think Revis has a very, very slight edge in coverage, but Woodson is better against the run, and they unleash him in blitzes which he's been great at.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

No, the old saying was something along the lines of "Water covers 75% of the earth and Fred Smoot covers the rest". Guess who coined that phrase?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Water covers more than half the Earth.
                        I know. The originator of the quote did not.
                        Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

I know. The originator of the quote did not.
                          Lol like everyone hasn't used that phrase/quote at some point and just inserted their best player in the secondary in it at some point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Revis gets a ton of safety help

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                              Revis gets a ton of safety help
                              How many Jets games have you watched this season?

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                                How many Jets games have you watched this season?
                                enough....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information