Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Rice doesn't like Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Cheese taste good on almost anything.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      Rice is probably talking about the night life of baltimore and places like this
      The only thing people from Baltimore talk about is that the aquarium is by the water. The other thing I know is that you're supposed to speed up when driving through/past it. I went to school with two kids from Baltimore and so I'm sort of aware of what Baltimore has to offer. Green Bay may be rural, and I'm definitely not a fan (grew up in Minneapolis, vikings fan) but at least its NOT Baltimore. The other cities that come to mind when I think Baltimore are places like Detroit, Gary and East St. Louis. Not exactly great company.

      And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).

      Comment


      • #78
        Yeah, at least in Green Bay you generally don't have to deal with mean people.

        Looking Arab/Islamic and being *** might make things a little difficult with some people, though.

        A sexual orientation is considered profane? Well I'll be darned.

        Comment


        • #79
          And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).
          New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.
            I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

            And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
              I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

              And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.
              It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.
                Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                  Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.
                  No problem. I love NYC as well as my home state and a lot of NJ citizens were from there so it works both ways. I can see why a lot of people from out of town wouldn't like it but to each his own.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Those are pretty weak statements. Lambeau Field, the atrium, and entire stadium is incredible. Sorry Ray, not ever NFL city can be like LA, Manhattan, Miami, etc...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is pretty close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.

                      What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

                      2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is about that close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.
                        This is true but Ray was only in NB for 3 years. New Rochelle is only 15-20 mins from NYC.

                        Maybe Rutgers being the Birthplace of College Football has something to do with him not being impressed? ;)
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          If you had to pick one.

                          Rural Wisconsin



                          Place in Baltimore



                          I think I'll take the boring, in the middle of nowhere place. Thanks for visiting Ray Rice.
                          That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

                          He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.
                          Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES; 12-09-2009, 12:20 AM.
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                          John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.
                              I have lived here for 23 years and have been there like twice on field trips.
                              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                              Just let it go RWO.
                              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                              John Wall
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                                That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

                                He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.
                                There are plenty of areas outside of downtown Baltimore that are plenty safe and fun.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information