No announcement yet.

SI: Top 10 Games of the 2000's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SB XLII has got to be #1 in my mind. Last years was great but the Giants beating the undefeated team of the decade in the 4th quarter after that miracle escape act and catch, was something that will be remembered in NFL history forever.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
      I remember game #9 like it was yesterday. Shockey was so smug pointing at the scoreboard like it was over. Most of my family is from SF so I root for them in January when the Chiefs aren't on.
      The refs also screwed up the call on the last play. Giants should have had another untimed play to attempt another kick. NFL apologized the next day.

Comment

What a weak ass list. Steelers-Cards, really? Granted, I was drunk the whole time and remember only 4 plays(Harrison return, long Fitz TD, long Holmes catch to set up the Holmes TD and Holmes TD) but the Pats-Giants was wayyyyy better.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          I didn't think the Superbowl last year was as good as Pats-Giants or Pats-Rams.

I don't even remember Jets-Dolphins, but I don't see how a regular season game can be #2.
          It was a really memorable game between the Jet/Phins and I think it should be in the top 10 but not that high. Peyton's come back against the Bucs on Monday night was pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            If it's any consolation, the Titans/Chargers regular season game in '07 is one of the most memorable I've had. The playoff game was a good one too.

Titans lost both games, which is why I'm hoping for payback in a few weeks! ;)
            That's okay if my voodoo works correctly we should have the #2 seed wrapped up by then.

Both those games were crazy though you're right. The regular season game in particular is probably Rivers' best comeback.

Comment

damn it thats what i meant. Miracle of the Meadowlands II

Comment

Steelers/Colts should be higher than Steelers/Cardinals and Colts/Pats AFCCG, but god knows what I think should be #1. Rams/Titans seems like a good candidate but I didn't watch that game.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

The best game was the Giants Pats super bowl by far. I mean the Patriots were 18-0 coming in and they were just smashing teams. There were many games where they werent even challenged. They were an offensive Juggernaut. The Giants just came in and had an unbelievable game with the best superbowl play ever to take the win.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

How can you not have Rams-Titans, Rams-Pats or Giants-Pats #1?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      That's okay if my voodoo works correctly we should have the #2 seed wrapped up by then.

Both those games were crazy though you're right. The regular season game in particular is probably Rivers' best comeback.
                      Sorry, my heart belongs to the Titans.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm not saying these should be on the list just two games that have stuck with me.

Homer Pick - Chiefs at Packers 2003

The Chiefs came in to the game 5-0 and GB got off to a fast start and looked liked they would win big but KC fought back and won in overtime.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">

Non homer pick - Is also a Packers game not sure on the date but when #4 lit up the Raiders after his Dad died I still get chills thinking about it.

Comment

The 49ers-Giants Wild card is very underrated. It had everything you could ask for in a game. A dominant start, epic comeback, fights, and controversy

Comment

This is a terrible list...

sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Three Warner superbowls on the list. I would put the Rams-Titans and the Giants-NE game higher than the Cards-Steelers.

Comment

Wasn't there a crazy primetime Colts/Bucs game a few years back?
                                I'm a state.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information