JaMarcus Russell won't consider a pay cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 619 View Post
    It will not happen. There are some players out there who will never get what it takes to be successful, and he is one of them. Best he ever becomes is an above average QB based only on his talent, which alone can't get you anywhere in Oakland.
    We picked him at the wrong time. We don't have a line to protect him and only 1 reliable receiver.

He can be good,but he has to change his attitude,which may come when he's a cheeseburger from being out of the league.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
      He needs to be cut with cap or not,then watch him become good elsewhere.
      Having watched him play against the Jets and the Giants, I would be shocked if he became good anywhere else.

From what I've seen, if Jamarcus Russell entered one of those halftime football throwing contests like the one they had during the SEC championship halftime game......... he would lose.

Comment

The whole "well look what's around him" argument is certainly true, but come on, who here thinks Gradkowski is really all that good? So it's ok to blame the surrounding talent on JR failing yet Gradkowski can come in and instantly make that exact same supporting cast beat Pittsburgh and Cincy?

Please.

It's time to stop making excuses, if he doesn't care, or try, or push himself to be a better player he never will be. At this point nobody should be bringing up the WR's, or the line, or Raiders organization as an excuse for him performing poorly. Gradkowski isn't even a starting caliber QB yet somehow took those same pieces to beat playoff caliber teams in the few weeks he's played.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Just cut him lose and be done with it.

He's only got 3 million left in guarantees, last I checked. If he doesn't want to make less than 9 million next season to ride the bench, then let him earn the vet's minimum on some other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            let him earn the vet's minimum on some other team.
            who's going to sign that whale?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              who's going to sign that whale?
              The Lions could use a LT to replace Jeff Backus.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Ah JaMarcus, how much talent you had and how pitifully you used it through your laziness. I hope you get cut this offseason and wind up taking a 1 year deal or something. Does any reconstructing team take a chance on this guy and hope he can turn it around instead of getting a veteran or a QB via the draft?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                  He has been saying this **** the whole year. Blaiming this, blaiming that. He never says" oh I had a bad game", he blaims others. He is a me player, not a team player. Maybe if your accurate the WR's can make a play for you
                  This guy really amazes me that some team took him from the draft, let alone the number one pick. I hope he has invested his money the right way because he wont be playing in this league much longer.

Are the Raiders officially done with the guy?

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                    The best deal would be Oakland trading him to someone who needs a future QB. Minnesota and Carolina?
                    yea but I don't want to give up our 1st rounders for the next 3 years. thats just what hes worth just ask JaMarcus, JaMarcus will tell you how much JaMarcus is worth.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I didn't feel like clicking the subscribe button in the thread tools, so I'll just post here and bring nothing to the discussion so it's done automatically.
                      Last edited by Job; 12-11-2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Why would he? At this point he doesn't have much a future and he knows it. If I were him I would do the same thing. What incentive does he have to accept a pay cut? If the Raiders didn't want to pay him they shouldn't have taken the huge chance by drafting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          If I were him I would do the same thing. What incentive does he have to accept a pay cut?

Possibly staying in the league a few extra years?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Possibly staying in the league a few extra years?
                            Whoever gets him should know they have a project on their hands. He has zero pocket presence, stares down his wide receivers, has zero leadership skills, and can't think fast enough to save his life.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Whoever gets him should know they have a project on their hands. He has zero pocket presence, stares down his wide receivers, has zero leadership skills, and can't think fast enough to save his life.
                              I agree he still pretty much a rookie right now, guys like Matt Ryan arnt really learning how to play in the NFL right now, JaMarcus just shows up and does his thing. Puts his stupid beanie on and sits on the sidelines with some skittles in his pocket while he watches what a real QB should do. If I were Cable I just would just look him in the eye and say do you want to be here. If he says no Id say go home since your not helping us in anyway

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                You forgot inaccurate too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information