Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Not entirely.

The statement was moreso a knock on guys like Randall Cunningham (who led the best offense in NFL history with Moss before the Pats), Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, and every other joke of a qb that Moss played with.

For Brady...no, but it isn't coincidence that he had the most TDs in NFL history and led the most dynamic offense in NFL history after he got Moss. Prior to Moss, Brady was never a stat demon.

Thats taking nothing away from Brady. Brady is the man.
    Tom Brady before he had Moss and Welker was the Joe Montana to Peyton Manning's Dan Marino. Then he got them and he surpassed Manning and Marino.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Tom Brady before he had Moss and Welker was the Joe Montana to Peyton Manning's Dan Marino. Then he got them and he surpassed Manning and Marino.
      Id say he was more Roger Staubach than Joe Montana. Montana put up beastly numbers his whole career.

Brady shares his clutchness though.

Comment

He's incredible. Vincent Jackson is uncoverable. He's a TE with WR speed.

The only WRs id take over him are Moss, Fitz, and Johnson. I think he's that good.
        I agree. VJ is really an example of a project player done right: Out of Northern Colorado he was a 4.4/4.5 guy at 6'5 and 240...that's insane. But instead of being thrown to the wolves he was mentored by guys like Keenan McCardell, a supremely underrated route runner, and coached up by Hall of Famers like Charlie Joiner and James Lofton. Sure enough by the end of his 2nd year he was a force in the playoffs, and has continued ascending in his 3rd and now 4th year. Rivers helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          ^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!

I missed you Shiver.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            I agree. VJ is really an example of a project player done right: Out of Northern Colorado he was a 4.4/4.5 guy at 6'5 and 240...that's insane. But instead of being thrown to the wolves he was mentored by guys like Keenan McCardell, a supremely underrated route runner, and coached up by Hall of Famers like Charlie Joiner and James Lofton. Sure enough by the end of his 2nd year he was a force in the playoffs, and has continued ascending in his 3rd and now 4th year. Rivers helps too.
            i can only hope that my boy Ramses Barden can one day be like Vincent Jackson.

not that we need him, i think Nicks is going to be a monster. But if Barden can pan out, that would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Can also work this way.
              He got way closer with Daunte Culpepper than Brady ever did otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                He got way closer with Daunte Culpepper than Brady ever did otherwise
                Well, that's good, since we know that Brady had a bunch of All-Pro caliber wideouts in his entire career.

Comment

i can only hope that my boy Ramses Barden can one day be like Vincent Jackson.

not that we need him, i think Nicks is going to be a monster. But if Barden can pan out, that would be insane.
                  haha Pharoah needs to be activated on game day! There are matchups out there that he could win in his sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Well, that's good, since we know that Brady had a bunch of All-Pro caliber wideouts in his entire career.
                    Dude he had a SB MVP!

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      haha Pharoah needs to be activated on game day! There are matchups out there that he could win in his sleep.
                      they want to activate him, but he's been crappy on special teams so they don't.

supposedly he has some work to do. i think he might make an impact next year, but this year is a lost cause.

realistically, i think he's a 3 year project before we start seeing any production from him.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        Dude he had a SB MVP!
                        So did Dexter Jackson...just sayin

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I mean, I think Moss IS overrated some. You can't just ignore the fact that anytime the guy is playing with a QB that can't throw bombs to him he gives up. But when he has that guy - he's one of the greatest ever. Better as a WR than Brady is as a QB.

I don't think if I were making a list I'd put Moss #1. My "Top 10" list would be if I were making a team who would I take first. And unless I have top ~12 QB Moss is going to peace out on me.

The problem is the people who say Welker is better than him.

Comment

Dude he had a SB MVP!
                            Brady was no slouch before Moss, he was pretty much a shoe-in for 4,000 yards and 28 touchdowns; even with David Givens, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

Comment

they want to activate him, but he's been crappy on special teams so they don't.

supposedly he has some work to do. i think he might make an impact next year, but this year is a lost cause.

realistically, i think he's a 3 year project before we start seeing any production from him.
                              I will send him a note telling him to resurrect his tackling skills. 3 years is the likeliest scenario but honestly in the red zone he's such an obvious mismatch that I could see him blowing people away next year. Coming out of Cal State SLO, not the easiest adjustment.

Comment

Dude he had a SB MVP!
                                Super Bowl MVP means you had one great game. It doesn't make you an elite player, unless you think Desmond Howard was an elite NFL WR.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information