Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Holmgren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    I think more importantly Mike would be able to draft AROUND the QB position instead of trying to go through it. This is the biggest problem with the Browns, our talent outside the QB position.

    I am comfortable with about half of our players on offense, them being.

    TE - Evan Moore (Came out of no where, has glue for hands and great intensity.)

    WR - Massaquoi (I would like him to be more of a #2 though)

    FB - Vickers

    LT - Joe Thomas

    LG - Steinbach

    C - Mack

    So 6 of the 11 are okay, but we have an abysmal right side of the line, no true #1 receiver, a ? at running back and uncertainty at the biggest position in the game (qb).

    Defense obviously needs some work as well considering were dead last.
    what about Brian Robiskie? I loved him as a prospect, has he shown anything?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
      what about Brian Robiskie? I loved him as a prospect, has he shown anything?
      Yeah he has, he has shown that when he gets playing time he can make plays, and Mangini has shown that he doesn't like to put Robo in.

      Comment


      • #18
        Can't show much when they won't let you. It's not like we run routes of more than 10 yards in our offense anyhow : (

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          I think more importantly Mike would be able to draft AROUND the QB position instead of trying to go through it. This is the biggest problem with the Browns, our talent outside the QB position.

          I am comfortable with about half of our players on offense, them being.

          TE - Evan Moore (Came out of no where, has glue for hands and great intensity.)

          WR - Massaquoi (I would like him to be more of a #2 though)

          FB - Vickers

          LT - Joe Thomas

          LG - Steinbach

          C - Mack

          So 6 of the 11 are okay, but we have an abysmal right side of the line, no true #1 receiver, a ? at running back and uncertainty at the biggest position in the game (qb).

          Defense obviously needs some work as well considering were dead last.
          The Oline is in place but you guys need a running game. I think the offense can get by without an elite WR but no team can win without a running game. Time to simplify which is why I say scrap the 3-4. Run the ball and short, quick passes to more possession guys like Massaquoi and Robiskie which is how Holmgren runs his offense.

          Oh and Evan Moore didn't come out of nowhere, he came from the Packers ;) We had no room for room just like we didn't have room for Joey Haynos when the Dolphins took him from us last year.

          Comment


          • #20
            Browns better pray hard they Holmgren decided to join them. That means dumbass Mangini will get fired and they could bring in a coach who is actually worth somethin. Here's a thought. You think Holmgren would go after Gruden to coach his team if he accepts the job?

            Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
              You think Holmgren would go after Gruden to coach his team if he accepts the job?
              I highly doubt it. Gruden and Holmgren's personalties would clash. I think Holmgren would need to find his "Tony Soprano" in that a guy who tends to go unoticed.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                I highly doubt it. Gruden and Holmgren's personalties would clash. I think Holmgren would need to find his "Tony Soprano" in that a guy who tends to go unoticed.
                Could be but I know that Gruden was on Holmgren's coaching staff while with the Packers so you know Holmgren knows what Gruden is all about. And both share the same similarity in style of offense and working well with QB's.

                Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  here comes the copycat of the Dolphins phase II. first it was the wildcat, now it's trying to find the next Bill Parcells to run the front office.
                  That's not all...The Miami Dolphins team plane is currently at Burke Airport. There's 2 rumors circulating that Parcells is interviewing or that Parcells is helping Lerner with the interview (the latter being more likely).

                  Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                  Could be but I know that Gruden was on Holmgren's coaching staff while with the Packers so you know Holmgren knows what Gruden is all about. And both share the same similarity in style of offense and working well with QB's.
                  Mangini has actually been getting a lot of support from his players lately.

                  Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                    Mike Holmgren would do well in Cleveland.
                    As if they could do much worse than what they have now.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I personally loved Mangini's draft. He just needs some more time to work his mojo.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Dream scenario for me is if we get Holmgren ditch Mangini switch to a 4-3 draft Suh and roll with a DL that consists of Williams/Rogers/Suh/Robaire Smith with Rubin alternating in.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I would not be at all surprised if breaking the losing streak against the Steelers buys Mangini another year no matter what happens with the GM spot.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            Dream scenario for me is if we get Holmgren ditch Mangini switch to a 4-3 draft Suh and roll with a DL that consists of Williams/Rogers/Suh/Robaire Smith with Rubin alternating in.
                            a 330 pound Williams at DE? good luck.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              a 330 pound Williams at DE? good luck.
                              He could play DT and Suh could play DE

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Gruden would command a lot of money. The Browns would already be paying Crennel, Mangini and Holgrem would need a decent amount. Thats a whole lot of money going to the coaching staff, Cleveland isn't a huge revenue team like Dallas or Washington.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information