Official Wk. 17 Hotseat Coaches thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Wk. 17 Hotseat Coaches thread

Fewer of them this yr than in previous yrs, lots of teams are thinking to stick with the status quo b/c of a down economy & NFL going into an uncapped yr & the all the considerations swirling around the new CBA & forthcoming Rookie Cap.

Here we go:

Eric Mangini -- Adam Schaecter reports that his fate is unknown at this time, rests 100% in the hands of new Browns President Mike Holmgren. 1st half of the season you couldn't find an orgn. in more disarray per the SI article in October or a coach with less job security than Mangini, especially after he traded his best & most disgruntled WR to the Jets. After upsetting the Steelers & others, will it be enough to retain the 1st yr. HC? Time's a'wastin,' in Cleveland.

Jack Del Rio -- Consensus is that he's gone. They finish seasons badly & weak, lost their last 3 games. Team is obviously demoralized & Del Rio seems incapable of rallying them. > 50% chance he's fired before the weekend is over.

Jim Zorn -- Also adios, Shanahan is reported to "very interested" in the job & Snyder's hefty salary that goes with it. When all your assts. have been canned that's handwriting on the wall in big letters IMO, but the same has happened in Cleveland with Mangini. Could be 1st firing & new hire announced, Shanahan is obviously in a position to take his pick of jobs. And any way you slice it this team is a mess, trying gadget & outrageous plays for the hell of it, & their fans are howling for somebody's head on a pole.

Tom Cable -- You never know with the carnival sideshow of the NFL that the Oakland Raiders have become, but IMO benching Jamarcus Russell for Gradkowski & substantial defensive improvements saved his job. When you start the season by sucker-punching an asst. & fracturing his jaw then put an offense on the field that sets new lows for suckage nobody would give a plugged nickel for survival has HC< but Cable seems to have actual fans in the fanbase & locker room that he didnt have before. I say he stays..... like candidates for the next HC of the Raiders are lining up on the right.

Jon Fox -- Word is that Carolina will keep him another yr. at least, & that's a good thing, I've met Fox & he's one of the truly nice guys in a league populated at his position with ruthless sharks. And that's good for the Panthers b/c he & his staff have scouted & drafted well in the past, & if there's a team that going hunting for a new QB, it's them. Sam Bradford? Colt McCoy? Tony Pike? Clausen or Tebow, well, let's not get too silly here, that's another thread....

The 2 HCs in Texas, Kubiak & Wade Phillips, seem to have salvaged their jobs & quieted their critics by putting their teams into the playoffs or contention for same. Phillips is going into a contract renewal yr. too.

And who s/b fired but won't be ? Lovie Smith (16-16 after the Bears SB loss, major setbacks this yr with Cutler throwing a lot more INTs than TDs, but he will remain & get his big raise), maybe Jim Mora & Steve Spagnuolo too....

What do you think?

Theres no way my boy Spags gets fired after only 1 year.

But good God, i hope he does. We'd scoop him up so fast, it wouldn't even be funny.

Comment

i wish Fox would get fired so the Giants scoop him as DC, but I wouldn't mind Del Rio as the Giants DC.

Sheridan's gotta be gone for the Giants.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        i wish Fox would get fired so the Giants scoop him as DC, but I wouldn't mind Del Rio as the Giants DC.

Sheridan's gotta be gone for the Giants.
        Del Rio runs Cover 2.

Cover 2 is poo! Remember!?

I wouldn't mind Rob Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Del Rio runs Cover 2.

Cover 2 is poo! Remember!?

I wouldn't mind Rob Ryan.
          oh ****, I forgot that he ran Cover 2
          BUT HE WEARS COOL SUITS!
          I hope Zorn lands on his feet. He just got stuck with a terrible team
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            oh ****, I forgot that he ran Cover 2
            BUT HE WEARS COOL SUITS!
            I hope Zorn lands on his feet. He just got stuck with a terrible team
            I think if Cleveland fires Mangini, Rob Ryan should be given consideration.

Coached under Bellichick, runs a zone blitz scheme, experience with a 4-3 front, experience as a coordinator, he's the only popular name guy that I can think of that fits.

Comment

I would not mind Wade Phillips being the next Chiefs DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                I would not mind Wade Phillips being the next Chiefs DC.
                him too.

he'd do wonders with the Giants defense.

Comment

god damnit, zygi, why did you have to resign brad childress? he is by far the worst play caller in the league. if the vikes lose in week 17 and in the first round of the playoffs, i wouldnt be suprised for him to be gone, i hope so at least.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    him too.

he'd do wonders with the Giants defense.
                    Back off I said it first...

Comment

Bruce Arians is on the hotseat.

Comment

Tom Cable should not be in the hot seat. He's done pretty well this season, or at least good enough to buy him another season.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                          Tom Cable should not be in the hot seat. He's done pretty well this season, or at least good enough to buy him another season.
                          there's no hot seat in Oakland, Jamarcus ate it.
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Del Rio isn't going to get fired. He just signed a fat extension two years ago and the team is too cash strapped to pay both Del Rio and a new coach. Not only that, but consensus was that the team was headed towards another top 10 draft pick. They've started more rookies than anybody in the NFL this year and exceeded expectations. He stays for one more year.

Comment

Wade Phillips or Romeo Crennel in KC for Defensive Coordinator please!

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information