Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvin Offensive Rookie of the Year

expected.

The Minnesota Vikings wide receiver/kick returner ran away with the balloting the same way he outran defenses and special teams this season. Harvin received 41 votes Wednesday from the nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league. Baltimore tackle Michael Oher was second with six votes.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4800641

he played well, but 41 of 50 is a lot of votes.

Oher second... dammit Lions. Dammit.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I doubt Harvin has same impact for Lions that he did for Vikes having Brett Favre and all. Where Lions screwed up was picking a TE over Michael Oher.

Comment

oher or britton should've won

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
          I doubt Harvin has same impact for Lions that he did for Vikes having Brett Favre and all. Where Lions screwed up was picking a TE over Michael Oher.
          I think that's exactly where Addict was gettin' at...

Anyway, yeah, everyone saw this comin' a mile away. He deserves it.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
            oher or britton should've won
            Has Britton really been that good? Not what I was hearing early in the year ...

Comment

the only way an o-lineman is going to get any kind of a look for an award like this is if he has a major Warner Bros motion picture about him in theatres at the time of the vote...and that still only got him a couple votes

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

it is a sad but true reality. nobody cares about o-linemen. fans like the dynamic offensive weapon so harvin gets the award. it was well deserved so i have no complaints. congrats percy.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  he played well, but 41 of 50 is a lot of votes.

Oher second... dammit Lions. Dammit.
                  I think the only reason it was so one-sided is because voters took into account his special team contributions, which isn't really fair as that is special teams and it is the Offensive Rookie of the Year. I don't think it should have been so lop-sided.

Oher should have had more consideration and the homer in me thinks Mike Wallace should have gotten some consideration. Wallace had 21 less catches but only 34 yards less and the same amount of TDs on offense. Oh well, I can't complain about him winning. There wasn't a clear cut guy in my eyes though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I'm fine with Harvin winning it.

Comment

Usually OL don't stand a chance, but I thought Oher had hope because of the Bind Side and all his publicity. Harvin desereves it, but I'm definitely happy with how Oher is doing. Can't root for him this weekend since he's playing the Pats, sorry Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                        I think the only reason it was so one-sided is because voters took into account his special team contributions, which isn't really fair as that is special teams and it is the Offensive Rookie of the Year. I don't think it should have been so lop-sided.

Oher should have had more consideration and the homer in me thinks Mike Wallace should have gotten some consideration. Wallace had 21 less catches but only 34 yards less and the same amount of TDs on offense. Oh well, I can't complain about him winning. There wasn't a clear cut guy in my eyes though.
                        receptions are just as important as yards when talking about awards consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                          receptions are just as important as yards when talking about awards consideration.

Not to mention that Harvin's kick returning was probably factored in.

Comment

I think Harvin deserved it but I don't get how Austin Collie didn't even get one vote. 41/50 just seems lazy on the writers' part.

Comment

Nicks and Maclin also had better numbers than Wallace.
                              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information