No announcement yet.

Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can say or think whatever you want about Sanchez, but the fact that Rex Ryan said he's going to be good isn't proof of anything.

Comment

Yeah, i'll agree with everyone who says Tyson Jackson shouldnt be on the list. 3-4 DE never put up big stats...and never get any attention, let alon in his first year. I didnt gree with the Chiefs picking a 3-4 DE that early in the draft, as they can usually be had later on, but thats besides the point. As a player, if Jackson has learnt the position, the defence, kept containment, played the run, and made some plays here and there...thats all you can ask for in a rookie 3-4 DE...i'd say hes had a good year in that regards.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
        Preeeeeetty much this. It's ridiculous to throw Cassel under the bus. I'm a Chiefs fan (obviously) and I'm pleasantly surprised at how he did this year. Sure, he made some mistakes, but no offensive line, no weapons and no offensive coordinator will make you look worse than you are. I'm very positive going into next season. Jamaal Charles has shown to be a gd stud, Bowe is back and hopefully we re-sign Chambers, and we just hired Charlie Weis, an accomplished OC.

Not taking anything away from Sanchez, because I think he will definitely get better, but I love the situation the Chiefs are in right now. I'm more optimistic than I've been in years.

As for Tyson Jackson, he wasn't who I wanted, but he plays a critical role in the 3-4. Every draft expert who knows what they're talking about said it might have been a reach, but Jackson was the #1 rated 3-4 DE in the draft, and Pioli puts serious emphasis on the defensive line. He was a little underwhelming this year, but there is no reason to suggest he can't get better. Especially if we get him some help on the defensive side of the ball. He just logged his first season as a pro and 3-4 DEs aren't known for huge sack totals, generally. I don't think he's a bust but I'd definitely put him in the "unsure" category. We'll see if he makes strides next year.
        Where has Glenn Dorsey been playing?
        And I totally agree with all of this. Im not expecting Tyson Jackson to have a 10 sack season anytime soon, but I do expect him to do his job. Cassell probably has a good 7-8 years too, and I have loved watching Charles play since he was at Texas.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Knowshon may have lead all rookies in rushing but, I still couldnt help but be disappointed in his year as a whole. He finished off the year terribly. I think he'll be just fine next year, though.
          I think he'll be a decent RB at best. Vastly overrated in last year's draft.

Shonn Greene will still be the best RB from this draft class, and I've been saying this long before just yesterday.
          Just play me, baby

Comment

Both Moreno and Donald Brown were dissapointing as rookies. Brown didn't even get to 500 total yards. He had 3 games in which he got double digit carries and didn't break 50 yards in any of them. The only game he did go over 50 yards rushing was a game in which he had a 45 yard run.

Comment

Malcolm played good on Special Teams and when he played CB he was too aggressive at times. But he wasn't a disappointment for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                I don't know how Jason Smith is a disappointment. Sure, it would have been great to see more of him, but you don't mess with head injuries, and while he was in the game he was an absolute animal, one of the most fun lineman to watch that I've ever noticed/seen. His intensity and physical play are incredible. The dude is going to be a complete stud.
                I put Jason Smith on my list because it is very disappointing that he is already having to deal with a serious case of post-concussion syndrome. This isn't something that will become LESS of an issue as his career continues. VERY disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                  I dont get how DHB was a disappointment. We all knew he wasnt going to come in and put up regular rookie WR's numbers. He is a project that you cant really grade until a few years down the road and has a real QB.
                  DHB was on my list because I am disappointed that Louis Murphy outperformed him so soundly. They both had the same offensive system and QBs to deal with and Murphy didn't have any more experience in a route tree at Florida than DHB had in Maryland. It definitely didn't help that on the few occasions that DHB had to make an impact he would have drops. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    this, a hundred times this. though it's probably not entirely ayers fault that xanders had no idea who he was or what position he actually played.

knowshon moreno is the worst running back i've seen play in denver in nearly two decades. i'm utterly disgusted that anyone ever thought he was worth a top 15 pick.

and honestly, alphonso smith makes moreno look like a lock for the hall of fame. i can't remember the last time i saw a guy who had less of a clue how to play cornerback.
                    I remember throwing up in my mouth a little when a Broncos fan was bragging about that draft haul compared to Cutler.

I was like "holy crap, you guys managed to use three first round picks and still got no one I gave a first round grade."

Before the draft, I expected the Broncos to get Sanchez, Maualuga, and Delmas or something like that.

Comment

C'mon guys Knowshon must have nudie photos of njx or something because he was not terrible.Jeez just because he didn't light the world on fire doesn't make him a bust. He was average. D-will, Thomas Jones, and Cedric Benson didn't light the world on fire either their first few years in the NFL. Chris Johnson didn't break a whole hell of alot of tackles either his rookie year but nobody can get him on the ground now. Not to mention the Broncos run blocking was garbage in the games I saw.
                      Last edited by DoughBoy; 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        Tyson Jackson we should have never selected.he was a massive dissappointment.should have nabbed Curry
                        I wish you would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanhawk View Post
                          I wish you would have.
                          Yea me too............................
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Didn't Moreno fumble in 4 straight games?

Comment

Classic njx right there. I am terrified whenever he replies to my post, then I use my jiu-jitsu skills and get out of it relatively unscathed.

Comment

Moreno is just afraid of contact. That's why he doesn't break tackles.

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information