Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer?

He's had two dominant runs with both the Rams and Cardinals. He's also played in three Super Bowls and won one.

I was leaning against it during his Giants' reign. What he has done in Arizona, formally the NFL black hole, is remarkable and has him as a 100% lock. I didn't think he could do it either. The Hall of Fame, to me, is 'can you tell a story about the NFL and not mention ________' and Kurt Warner is integral to the story of the NFL between 1999 and 2009.

Comment

Yes. And yes. Yes.
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I think he is pretty much 100% now.

Maybe not first ballot(will depend on the rest of the class) but I think he is at worst a 2nd ballot guy.

If he retires this year he could possibly be up against LT, Favre, TO, Bruce, Holt and Pace, just on the offensive side of the ball(I don't expect all of them to retire, but certainly a couple) and that would make for a hell of a class.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I'd have said no before this season. Now I'm undecided. Gimme one more season like his last 3 and I'll shift over to the yes camp for sure.

The problem is his late start and that 5 year lull in the middle of his career.

If you look at the career stats, he has like one season's worth of productivity separating him from Rich Gannon.

So...borderline for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
            I'd have said no before this season. Now I'm undecided. Gimme one more season like his last 3 and I'll shift over to the yes camp for sure.

The problem is his late start and that 5 year lull in the middle of his career.

If you look at the career stats, he has like one season's worth of productivity separating him from Rich Gannon.

So...borderline for me.
            Ring.

Playoffs.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              Ring.

Playoffs.
              Then Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino.

Does not compute.

Comment

I'd give it to him. His story is what the NFL loves. He has played on one of the best offensive units, has impressive postseason stats, and has a ring.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I'd give it to him. His story is what the NFL loves. He has played on one of the best offensive units, has impressive postseason stats, and has a ring.
                  Also... it is the Pro-Football HOF not the NFL HOF, therefore his achievements prior to entering and after college should receive some consideration and if he made it into the NFL based on them, I assume he must have done something in the other leagues.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Yes.

Diez caractres

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Without question. The man has more 300 yard games than anyone in history and his post season success is remarkable.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

For the millionth time yes, this thread pops up all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                          Then Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino.

Does not compute.
                          Rich Gannon = very good QB statistically, 1 AFC championship.

Kurt Warner = very good QB statistically, 3 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl Ring (His Charizard Pokemon card if you will).

I'm comparing Gannon's resume to Warner's. Not Marino's to Dilfer's.

In this comparison, the Super Bowl ring is a big difference. In the Marino-Dilfer comparison, the Super Bowl ring means nothing because Dilfer isn't on his level to begin with.

That compute OK?
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Rich Gannon statistically =/= Kurt Warner, nice try though.

Comment

Does a Pope **** in his hat?

yes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information