Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Woodson Wins Defensive Player of the Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Woodson Wins Defensive Player of the Year!

Breaking News:

Woodson gets 28 votes with Revis in 2nd place with 14 votes.

If this vote was taken today after the wild card results - and not at the end of the reg season - I wonder if the result would have been reversed?

yay! way to go Chuck!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
      Breaking News:

Woodson gets 28 votes with Revis in 2nd place with 14 votes.

If this vote was taken today after the wild card results - and not at the end of the reg season - I wonder if the result would have been reversed?
      Because Larry Fitzgerald was allowed to get away with pass interference? Doubtful.

Praise Him!

Comment

Even though it was pass interference he still got bullied and it was hilarious. Anyway I am happy he got it. He deserved it as much as anyone. I wouldn't of been mad if Revis won it but my vote would of went to Woodson.
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Well-deserved and a bit overdue. Nice to see the cornerbacks getting some love in the DPOY votes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

This is the guy I wanted to win the award. Woodson was just such an all-round threat this year. Int's, TD's, FF's, TFL and tons of splash plays.

Comment

Great season by CWood... I'm glad to see he won the award and it was well deserved.

Comment

Amazing season, congrats.

Comment

Great year...

Comment

im glad for woodson, he's 1 of my favorite players all time.
                    BUT
                    he did play like **** in the playoffs.
                    I think he fell down over 20 times... but whatever.

congratulations #21

Go Celtics
                    Go Irish
                    Go Ravens

Comment

So happy to see Woodson having a great year. I'm sure people know about him donating 2 million dollars to the Michigan Motts Children's hospital also. Really a class act.

I actually didn't get to see many of his games this year though, maybe at most 3. But looking at the schedule of teams GB has played this year, I don't believe the competition he faced was nearly as good as the type of players Revis was defending. Correct me if that is not accurate, again, I only saw a few games, including GB postseason game.

I will say that watching the Colts-Jets game, it looked to me like Wayne was really getting great separation on Revis, but Manning overthrew him a bunch of times. Also Wayne only played a half, so I don't really agree with his name being up there as a WR Revis shut down.

Comment

Woodson is just the 5th cornerback to win the DPOY award. The others are Mel Blount, Lester Hayes, Rod Woodson and Deion Sanders. Blount and Woodson are HOFers, Deion is a lock for 2011 and Hayes has been a finalist in the past. Woodson will soon be a 6 time Pro Bowler and a lock to be a 4 time All-Pro. He currently has 1 1st team All-Pro and two 2nd team All-Pros. Add on this award today joining some illustrious names from the past and he will certainly get strong consideration for Canton.

Woodson's career revival in Green Bay has been amazing. He had an excellent start in Oakland with 4 Pro Bowls in his first 4 years and the Defensive Rookie of the Year, but tailed off between 2002-05.

In 8 yrs with the Raiders Woodson had 17 INTs and 2 TD returns. In just 4 yrs with the Packers he has 28 INTs and 7 TD returns.

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                          In just 4 yrs with the Packers he has 28 INTs and 7 TD returns.
                          Ridiculous....

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                            im glad for woodson, he's 1 of my favorite players all time.
                            BUT
                            he did play like **** in the playoffs.
                            I think he fell down over 20 times... but whatever.

congratulations #21
                            He was playing with a hurt shoulder half the year and reaggrivated it the last game of the season. How many penalties did Revis committ in their wild card game?

Both guys were well deserving of winnning. Woodson is asked to do so much in our defense. He plays man to man, zone, blitzes, covers TEs, and plays safety at times too. Not alot of teams ask that our of their best CB.

Comment

the same number of touchdowns he gave up all season. 2.
                              Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information