No announcement yet.

Dallas vs. Ravens in the Big Show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2009 Patriots were not as good as their numbers and ranks. NE's weaknesses played right into the strengths of the Ravens. Baltimore's performance was very impressive but they won't face a interior Oline as bad as NE's in any of the remaining opponents. Nor will they face as bad a LB core.

The Ravens and Cowboys in the superbowl would not be a surprise since they are both playing great football. However, as mentioned, so are other teams. Some of which are coming off bye weeks and playing at home this weekend.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

For some reason, I've got the Jets as the super bowl long-shot I could see pulling it off. Maybe the Bengals just sucked up the joint, but the Jets looked impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to run 5-6yds a carry on either the Chargers or Colts. On defense, Revis can take away the top WR, double-team the TE, and see if Peyton/Rivers can win without their 2 best targets.

Comment

The Ravens can hang with any team in the league. At some point probably this week it's going to come down to Flacco having to make some plays. We'll see how it turns out. The Ravens record suffered this season with them wanting so much to have Flacco throw 25+ times a game and not running the ball enough but I think him having done that will help him in the playoffs when he's back to just getting 15-20 attempts a game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
          We have already beat the Chargers this year. I know they are a different team and all that stuff but I still feel confident going into that game. I am not even too confident the Chargers will beat the Jets. I know everyone else is.
          Hm I remain cautiously optimistic about the Jets. Stop me when I start sounding too much like a homer, but the Cowboys, Bengals, and Titans were supposed to be able to run on the Chargers and they didn't. Chris Johnson did get his yards, long after the outcome was decided. You can't tell me the Jets running game is that much better than those teams. This whole season the Chargers have shredded defenses that blitz too much, which is what the Jets are all about. 80% of their snaps? A high percentage is to be expected out of a 3-4 but still. Chargers are also the best screen team left in the tournament.

Finally all the harping on the Chargers D...they are ranked what, 20th? Terrible. But let me put into perspective how bad they were during that 2-3 start, when they lost to the Ravens in the final seconds: if you only factor in the last 11 games (the winning streak) they would be 7th in overall defense.

Bengals were weak, undynamic and stumbled into the playoffs backwards, I think the Chargers/Jets is a serious mismatch but am not into guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            B/C they both didn't just win vs. formidable opponents in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, they both shredded those opponents. Even B-More & Dallas fans were stunned.

Impressive as they were hanging 51 on the Packers, the team with the Defensive MVP, questions about him being ready kept me from thinking Zona would advance much further. That & being in/winning a weak division, SF was rebuilding with a new HC & the Seahawks & Rams were nonfactors.

Yeah the Bolts are a genuine juggernaut, I kept thinking about their last playoff fail vs. Bellichick outcoaching Schottenheimer. I realize Turner is > Schottenheimer by several degrees of magnitude, & Rivers has peaked at the best time of his career for them to earn a place on the top shelf of current NFL QBs, but they look like a team in transition right now to me, next yr. both Tomlinson & Merriman will be gone. If they beat Indy & advance it will be on Rivers' arm & their awesome receivers.
            yeah they won by a lot in the first round of the playoffs. they didnt play teams of the same caliber of the teams they will face this weekend. the top two teams get byes for a reason, so just because people won by a lot in wild card weekend doesnt mean they are automatically super bowl favorites. there is a reason the vikings, colts, saints, and chargers earned byes. i also dont think your point about the cardinals not being in a good division has any merit. they just put up 51 on the "second ranked defense" (which is a completely skewed ranking). who is in their division has no relavence to their playoff performance. and im also going to disagree that turner is a better coach than schottenheimer. marty was one of the best regular season coaches of all time, he just wasnt a good playoff coach. turner was an annual goat. he used to be a running punch line. i dont think he is a better coach than schottenheimer.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

and one more thing, i think this is a dumb thread. the best four teams in the league havent even played a playoff game, and you are already crowning the ravens and cowboys and super bowl favorites? might as well start a thread for every potential super bowl matchup.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I am not trying to say the Chargers aren't a good team. They are a really good team. I am just saying they are going up against the best defense in the league. They have a MEAN secondary and the Chargers like to pass. If I were a Chargers fan I would be confident in this game but you can't blame a Jets fan for being just as confident. If they play good defense, run the ball well, and control the clock they can win that game. Same goes for the Ravens
                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  I am not trying to say the Chargers aren't a good team. They are a really good team. I am just saying they are going up against the best defense in the league. They have a MEAN secondary and the Chargers like to pass. If I were a Chargers fan I would be confident in this game but you can't blame a Jets fan for being just as confident. If they play good defense, run the ball well, and control the clock they can win that game. Same goes for the Ravens
                  Yah that's true, I mean the bottom line is it's the playoffs and anything can happen. Until about week 14 of this season I maintained that the Chargers looked terrific but were still a few pieces away from being able to think Super Bowl, but Rivers is just playing at such a high level and the table is set so well (no Pats or Steelers, our kryptonite) that I have to get behind them.

Originally posted by prock View Post
                  and im also going to disagree that turner is a better coach than schottenheimer. marty was one of the best regular season coaches of all time, he just wasnt a good playoff coach. turner was an annual goat. he used to be a running punch line. i dont think he is a better coach than schottenheimer.
                  Marty has had an amazing career, but take it from me, as far as the Chargers are concerned Norv Turner can leave a huge steaming pile in Marty's hat.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Everything is clicking for them and Rivers is arguably playing the best football right now for his position.
                    Rivers has been the best quarterback in football over the last two seasons. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Rivers has been the best quarterback in football over the last two seasons. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed.
                      Nope, I love me some Philip. I've always said he's got Bledsoe's legs and Plummer's arm, but he's just a baller. I was convinced after watching him beat the Colts and took the then 17-0 Patriots to the wire by himself with two bum knees.

Comment

I've noticed, too. Unfortunately.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Nope, I love me some Philip. I've always said he's got Bledsoe's legs and Plummer's arm, but he's just a baller. I was convinced after watching him beat the Colts and took the then 17-0 Patriots to the wire by himself with two bum knees.
                          I still feel like we would have won that game with LT and Gates healthy. Moved the ball so easily, but couldn't punch it in without our red zone beasts.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            If anything, Baltimore is the team transitioning mayne. Ladainian and Merriman might be gone next year but that's not this year, and the grim reality is that neither of them have been very impactful this season.

'If they beat Indy & advance'...well that can only happen in the AFC Championship, which means the Ravens will already be out, negating this thread and forcing us down an alternate reality in which vampires have become 99% of the world's population and only have enough blood to sustain their population for another month.

For now, go Bolts, boo Jets, that's all that matters to me.
                            That's wrong. Did you notice how our redzone efficiency went improved dramatically when LT came back into the lineup? Also did you notice how our run defense is solid despite losing four NTs in one season? Merriman is a big part of that reason. He also leads the team in QB pressures despite not getting the sack numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              He's can actually move around in the pocket and makes plays on the run unlike Bledoe, and he's accurate with the deep ball compared to Plummer. But physically yeah you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                                That's wrong. Did you notice how our redzone efficiency went improved dramatically when LT came back into the lineup? Also did you notice how our run defense is solid despite losing four NTs in one season? Merriman is a big part of that reason. He also leads the team in QB pressures despite not getting the sack numbers.
                                I'm no ball watcher, I have noticed both of those things. :D However I feel like the red zone improvement is a little overemphasized because Sproles up the middle is just not a great way to run the ball in the first place. Ladainian basically played the role of 'any decent HB' vs. his usual superhero self.

Merriman has definitely played better than his #s, but I probably couldn't call him a top player on the defense right now. Phillips has seriously outplayed him, and Jammer, Weddle (so terrible without him, unbelievable), and Castillo's merry band of rotating D lineman were just as important if not moreso than Lights Out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information