Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbo re-signed

Marc Colombo-T-Cowboys Mar. 9 - 4:38 pm et

Cowboys re-signed RT Marc Colombo to a two-year, $7 million contract.
    Colombo received $4 million to sign, according to ESPN's John Clayton. Leonard Davis should now be allowed to play his natural guard position, and, at nearly 370 pounds, should be a difference maker there.
    Rotoworld.com

Makes me smile. That's the deal we wanted.

Comment

Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).

Comment

Very good resigning.

Comment

One less thing to worry about.

Comment

Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

that sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.
                HAHAHAHA! OK. That lasted a half a second.

Comment

Also; this allows Leonard Davis to remain at Guard, his best position. He was very good before Dennis Green tried to force him to be the Left Tackle.

Comment

I didn't know Joe Horn made posts!

Woot!

Anyways, on a serious note, it is a little sad the Jets couldn't sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).
                      I know he didn't really deserve it, but Flozall Adams did make the pro-bowl......He played GREAT at the end of the season.

Comment

Wow you have a really low ranking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Wow you have a really low ranking.
                          Haha, yeah...so low that it's simply named after him.
                          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Good signing at a very reasonable price. Also keeps the 'Boys from having to play Fabini or LD at ROT.

Comment

It shouldn't be that low. I am kinda like T.O., I don't really do anything wrong, but everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Oh well.

Anyway, now with a solid o-line, the Cowboys have to be the NFC favorites.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information