Coach of the Year goes to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    good, cause a housefly couldve made better decisions.
    brad childress is one of the 10 worst coaches in the nfl. probably 5 worst.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      if jim caldwell actually coached, he would be coach of the year. peyton is more of a coach that he is.
      For the offense the Colts run, the defense did well to be 15th against scoring given that they didn't play the last two games. They were top 3 for most of the year. Manning does a lot for the team, but he isn't the single reason why they were going to be 16-0 if they had tried.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        For the offense the Colts run, the defense did well to be 15th against scoring given that they didn't play the last two games. They were top 3 for most of the year. Manning does a lot for the team, but he isn't the single reason why they were going to be 16-0 if they had tried.
        yes, of course he isnt, but i am in the camp that thinks the colts could have been the same team they are with any coach basically. caldwell doesnt have to do anything with the offense. half his job is cut out because of manning.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

After Chris Henry went down with injuries and than died the offense really fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
            After Chris Henry went down with injuries and than died the offense really fell off.
            outside of Cedric Benson and Ocho (for a little), the offense was disgusting to watch.

RIP ST

Comment

Meh. I think there were more deserving coaches. I thought Lewis should win a playoff game before they bless him with this award.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                Meh. I think there were more deserving coaches. I thought Lewis should win a playoff game before they bless him with this award.
                Sean Peyton / Rex Ryan / Mike McCarthy / Marvin Lewis / Bill Belichick / Wade Phillips are the coaches of teams that weren't in the play offs last year, but are in the play offs this year.

Jim Caldwell & Rex Ryan are the only rookie coaches to take their teams to the play offs. However, Caldwell's team was in the play offs last year.

Marvin Lewis & Mike McCarthy were the only coaches to take a losing team from last year to the play offs this year.

All of these guys did some great things I think, but I don't know if any of them were more deserving than Lewis.

Since I'm a Bengals fan, if you asked me who I would vote for besides Marvin Lewis, I think it would have to be McCarthy. Though he didn't get any of the votes in the AP poll.

Edit: Just for clarity, I don't think that if you make the play offs one year, you should be automatically disqualified from winning CoTY the following season. However, I think it might be perceived as less impressive unless you do something extraordinary (like going 16-0 or setting some other record).
                Last edited by Bengalsrocket; 01-17-2010, 03:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

The Saints were 13-0. THE ******* SAINTS. REally, I hated on Sean Payton a lot the last few years, but he made the Saints 13-0 and the sour finish really made everyone pull back on the Saints getting rewards.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I expected Sean Payton to get it in all honesty. Congratulations to Marvin Lewis, though. He definitely put his team over the top, even though they got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      When will the Whis get the love and credit he deserves
                      Probably never, because, like the MVP award, the definition of CotY has become corrupted. It's not about who the best coach is, it's about who was the biggest surprise team that year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

This was an award you could give to about 5 guys and not go wrong with.

Marvin Lewis' reasons are laid out in the OP. Don't need to add anything.

Sean Payton coached his team to 13 and 3 and has get at least a little credit for taking a paycut so that his team could hire a defensive coordinator and he deserves most of the credit for that dynamic offense.

Caldwell deserves credit for 14-2 and also for being confident enough in himself to not have to change things that worked. He hasn't had to stamp his presence on that team, he has let it roll and a lot of coaches find it harder to step back like that than to get hands on.

Childress funnily enough deserves a mention, it was his move to bring in Favre and the team is vastly improved. Working against him is that the Vikes still feel like the triumph despite his play calling and not because of it.

Norv Turner should get a mention. Anytime you win that many games you deserve some credit.

Rex Ryan has done a really great job with his team and what he has to work with and probably would have gotten my vote if I had one.

I think those guys should be the main contenders, McCarthy and Phillips would be the honourable mentions as well. Lewis is fully deserving of the award though.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

He deserved it.

He turned around the reputation of a team that was the worst in the league. And the career or Cedric Benson who should've Comeback PLayer ot Yr, but he's not the matinee idol married to a supermodel that Brady is......

Wog is right about Rex Ryan deserving kudos too, his team lived up to his brags.

Comment

I'm suprised so many poeple thinks he deserved it. After his playoff game, I thought he could be a candidate to get fired? He coached that game horribly. He's been there 7 years and has only gotten to the playoffs twice and lost both times.

Comment

It's based on the regular season though not the playoffs. If you wanted to include the playoffs Rex Ryan would probably have this thing locked up.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Still, then give it to Payton or Caldwell. Marvin Lewis has always been very unimpressive to me. Most credit the Bengals success this year to Zimmer more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information