No announcement yet.

Peppers likely leaving Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id be weary of signing Peppers. He's only dominant when he feels like playing.

And lately, he hasn't felt like playing much. Giving a huge contract to a guy like that is risky business.

Comment

I'll take 10.5 sacks, 5 FF and 2 Ints from a slacker... easily
      Its easy to slack off when u know u aren't playing for anything
      Granted, I'm not trying to give him an excuse since he is getting paid so he shoudn't slack off ever
      playing for a team thats always in the Playoffs and has a real shot at a Super Bowl title will probably give him that extra gear he's been missing in Carolina
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

**** PLUTO!!!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          Granted, I'm not trying to give him an excuse since he is getting paid so he shoudn't slack off ever
          playing for a team thats always in the Playoffs and has a real shot at a Super Bowl title will probably give him that extra gear he's been missing in Carolina
          You'd pay 100 million dollars for that? Bc I wouldn't.

Especially with pass rushers becoming easier and easier to find, and this draft being loaded.

Especially for 3-4 teams. Why spend 100 million on Peppers when you have Morgan, Graham, Kindle, and Norwood in the draft?

Comment

Add stars like Brady, Moss, Welker, Tebow, Gerhart, Marshall, Dumervil, Mayo and Meriweather as your teammates. And a coach that never gives up and always goes for it on 4th and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              You'd pay 100 million dollars for that? Bc I wouldn't.

Especially with pass rushers becoming easier and easier to find, and this draft being loaded.

Especially for 3-4 teams. Why spend 100 million on Peppers when you have Morgan, Graham, Kindle, and Norwood in the draft?

I guess what I left out was- I'd only want him if he took a "NE- SB Bound Discount"
              Still pay him a lot but not the ridiculous amount that it looks like he's going to make elsewhere

I strongly disagree with this "pass rushers are easy find" claim
              The Patriots had NONE last year. We need several desperately.
              So just because we sign Peppers doesn't mean we change our draft
              An OLB pass rusher is still a 1 rd need. Adding Kindle, Hughes or Graham would be great

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
              Add stars like Brady, Moss, Welker, Tebow, Gerhart, Marshall, Dumervil, Mayo and Meriweather as your teammates. And a coach that never gives up and always goes for it on 4th and 2.
              Dont' get a head of yourself. Tebow, Gerhart, Marshall and Dumervil are far from locks to NE

Comment

I guess what I left out was- I'd only want him if he took a "NE- SB Bound Discount"
                Still pay him a lot but not the ridiculous amount that it looks like he's going to make elsewhere

I strongly disagree with this "pass rushers are easy find" claim
                The Patriots had NONE last year. We need several desperately.
                So just because we sign Peppers doesn't mean we change our draft
                An OLB pass rusher is still a 1 rd need. Adding Kindle, Hughes or Graham would be great
                Come on, don't be that mean. We had Banta-Cain...

Comment

Do you really think NE is going to get both Marshall and Dumervil?

Comment

You guys lack pass rushers bc Bellichick just hasn't pursued any. Its not like you tried and failed. The Pats just haven't went after any yet.

But there are plenty of rushers in every draft these days. This year we have Morgan, Graham, Kindle, and Norwood.

Last year we had Orakpo, Matthews, the Penn State kid (forgetting his name), Kruger, Brown, Sintim, English, etc.

DEs aren't that hard to find anymore.

Comment

The Pats didn't pursue any? We drafted S.Crable- signed A.Thomas and Banta Cain then traded for Burgess.
                      How exactly have we not pursued a pass rusher?

Comment

The Pats didn't pursue any? We drafted S.Crable- signed A.Thomas and Banta Cain then traded for Burgess.
                        How exactly have we not pursued a pass rusher?
                        Im talking about in the draft. Crable was a 3rd round pick. That doesn't count.

Comment

I'd take him in Atlanta in a heartbeat. with Babineaux and Jerry inside causing pressure and Peppers and Abraham outside, we would be sick nasty in the pass rush.

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

uh? That's 4 OLBs right there. Why would we draft more when we have other needs that need to be addressed?
                            I'm simply stating that ur claim that we didn't have pass rushers bc we didn't pursue them is false. We did but they sucked.
                            Crable is on IR again, A.Thomas sucks, Burgess can only stop the run and Banta Cain is only a decent pass rusher.
                            Kindle/Graham/Hughes/JPP would be great additions. Peppers would just be icing on the cake.
                            With that said- I can't think of many teams that wouldn't want Pepperson their team if it was financially possible

Comment

eh, Im just not a fan of big name FAs for the most part. 90% of the time, they aren't worth the investment.

Especially at positions that are easily replaceable, like RB, DE, LB.

Id spend top dollar on CB, WR, LT. I think those positions usually warrant the cost.

Comment

If only Marshall and Doom were RFAs....oh wait. Unless you have an ass load of picks to give up, I imagine they will both need a first and third, you can forget about it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information