Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is teh st00pid

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

i think it could be a good move for the Rams.

They could still draft a QB say in the 2nd round and let him sit behind McNabb and nab Suh or Berry in the first

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        I wonder how Marc Bulger's career would've gone if he'd played in Philly his whole career instead of STL. I don't think this would be a great move for the Rams but it would be better than sinking a bunch of money into Sam Bradford.
        Marc Bulger without Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace, and Marshall Faulk/Steven Jackson? His career would have been more of a disaster than it already has been.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

They could still draft a QB say in the 2nd round and let him sit behind McNabb and nab Suh or Berry in the first
          so you think they wont have to give up their 2nd round pick?

Comment

if this happens, I'll laugh non-stop at the trbl-ness of the deal for both teams.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I would see it as a good move, especially if they are sold on not taking a QB at #1. McNabb is is a top 10 QB, a bit underrated being that Brady, Manning, Big Ben, Brees, and Rivers are currently in the upper echelon of QB's. The Eagles can move on and insert Kolb into the lineup, and the Rams would get a good stop-gap for a few years till they can groom a QB for the future (whether they draft on this year or next, or get a young player like a Josh Johnson or something).

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                so you think they wont have to give up their 2nd round pick?
                i dont think so. not at the point right before the draft, when teams value them a lot more than they do before a season starts. i could see a third and a fifth. or a player like Carriker that isnt having a great career so far?

Comment

Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
                    dont hold your breath on that one...

Comment

I like this move. They can still get Suh if this happens. And as of now, the 2011 QB class is looking pretty strong. Maybe they just don't like the QB's this year.

sig by fenikz
                      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                      You are just a terrible person.
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      I have an iPhone.

Comment

I'm on my phone so I'll keep it brief and I'll elaborate on why I like it later when I'm able to use a CPU, but I think a lot of you are under the impression the Eagles want to give McNabb away, they aren't in any sort of rush to get McNabb off of their hands, Andy actually wants to keep Donovan. If McNabb is traded there will be significant compensation, like their 2nd and a 5th or a 3rd and a combination of players likely including someone like Chris Long.

The Eagles know they can with McNabb and probably make the playoffs, he won't come cheap.

Comment

They should trade for Vick instead. Who is McNabb going to throw to? I'm sure he will be really happy if this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            if this happens, I'll laugh non-stop at the trbl-ness of the deal for both teams.
                            especially the Eagles. They win nothing by getting rid of McNabb. In fact they lose a lot, and it ain't something that they can just replace.

Again: I can't see reid do this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

McNabb will not be in an Eagles uniform after 2010. Might as well get value for him now and go through the growing pains of Kolb sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

This is proven franchise QB we are talking about here, he will get more then a 3rd round pick, the Eagles are by no means desperate to trade him. However, if the right offer comes or they get their asking price I don’t doubt they pull the trigger. But for only a 3rd round pick?? If they do that I will be pissed.

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                They should trade for Vick instead. Who is McNabb going to throw to? I'm sure he will be really happy if this happens.
                                You think McNabb would rather play for the St. Louis Rams who had the worst record in the league, then a team he has been playing for his whole career who are one of the teams we most frequently see in the playoffs? He has a great connection with Reid to, despite all the crazy Philly fans, McNabb wants to stay. He doesn’t let these crazy fans get to him. If he gets traded to the Rams the chances of him winning a ring in his career diminish significantly considering the Eagles can definitely contend.
                                Last edited by Kramer; 03-01-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information