No announcement yet.

Karlos Dansby lands in Miami

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll probably play a combination, shifting inside on 3rd. Depends on the rest of free agency and the draft though, but he definitely gives us some versatility.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. He was the one guy I was hoping we would acquire. Wake-Crowder-Dansby-Taylor (if he decides to keep playing, he'll be back) makes me :)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
        He'll probably play a combination, shifting inside on 3rd. Depends on the rest of free agency and the draft though, but he definitely gives us some versatility.
        Sooo...he's playing OLB? Does this mean McClain is still an option at 12? Cause I would love to get him yet. LB corps would be sick.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

Comment

lol really? why would you play Dansby at OLB in the 3-4

Comment

wow, i like this signing a lot. Im a big dansby fan. Miami improved today

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              lol really? why would you play Dansby at OLB in the 3-4
              http://www.thephins.com/2010/02/28/k...de-linebacker/

Comment

Reading over that article it looks like they confuse the fact he played OLB in our 4-3, and a scout telling them he is more a strong side outside linebacker than middle linebacker (which is what he was in our 4-3), with Dansby playing OLB in our 3-4.

Comment

I really really hope they keep him at ILB. Really glad he's a Phin either way!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

A lot of cabbage for him but he is relatively young and a consistently high producer.

Slightly off topic but I love how all the "experts" had the Skins getting Dansby, Peppers and even Rolle. Allen said they never made contact with Peppers and I doubt they did with Dansby & Rolle either. Maybe Danny has finally backed off and let competent football men run the show. It's nice not to overpay for big names for a change.
                    Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Miaim is a good situation for him although I have to laugh how he said that he doesn't care about the money and wants to go to a top contender. Miami is pretty good but lets not kid here, it was all about the dough.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

He'll be playing inside.

Originally posted by Miami Herald
                        Dansby, who signed a five-year deal worth $43 million with $22 million guaranteed, will be the highest-paid inside linebacker in the league. He made it clear that he's joining the Dolphins to play inside -- not as a pass rusher -- despite his ability to get to the quarterback.

"I'm an inside guy," Dansby said. "Me and Channing [Crowder] are on the inside. I'm looking forward to playing with him."
                        http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...o-winning.html

Comment

ILBs in a 3-4 will still get their share of blitzes, this is a terrific pickup for MIA. Applause applause.

Comment

My head is spinning thinking about the impending Patrick Willis contract (within the next year or so)....start your guesses....

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                              My head is spinning thinking about the impending Patrick Willis contract (within the next year or so)....start your guesses....
                              7 years $56-63 million with $48 million in guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                                He'll get extended before he gets to be a RFA so it won't be quite as much, still I'd lock him up for whatever it cost. He's been a lock for the all-pro team since he was rookie.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information