No announcement yet.

Bears SB Contenders now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything depends on Jay Cutler, if he and Martz can mesh offensively, and whether or not Cutler is capable of elevating the play of the Bears with his bazooka arm and Vanderbilt head.

I don't think Cutler is at that point in his career just yet.
    Like the Colts, who would not be a playoff team without Peyton Manning, if Cutler plays like the best QB in the NFCE, then yes, Chicago could be a dangerous team.

But realistically, I don't know how anyone at this point could project the Bears as a SB contender, let alone a strong playoff team.

Comment

Maybe you should understand what the word 'might' means.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Anything can happen in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet on it. They still have serious o-line issues and few weapons for Cutler to throw to. Not to mention the Vikings and Packers are strong teams.

Comment

As per the Vikings, I don't see 10 wins as the low mark if Favre doesn't come back. That's pretty optimistic to me. I'd say anywhere from 7-11 wins.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

No, I don't think they are right now.

Comment

Comment

Pshh!

But seriously we'll probably struggle to make the playoffs. Either way I'm excited about the moves in FA and think we improved ourselves.

Comment

Everyone is a super bowl contender this time of year.

As for the NFC, I don't have the Bears in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                    I just have serious doubts that Peppers is going to be motivated in Chicago. He was having problems before. The guy should get 25 sacks a year, he's easily the most talented defensive player in the league. He just doesn't seem to like football all that much.

Chester Taylor was a great signing. Martz should utilize him extremely efficiently.

I would say 9 wins is realistic. But there are a lot of good teams in the NFC. They could get into a wild card, but I think Green Bay wins 11-12 games next season and I don't think the Vikings will win less than 10, even with no Favre.
                    Seriously?

Comment

Replace "SB" with "winning record" or possibly "playoff" and you might have a legit thread.

But come on, the Bears signed a good DE. It's not like they were one DE away from winning it all last year.

Comment

you wish about the Bears!

Comment

Just like Jay Cutler and Orlando Pace= championshipz last year
                          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
                            Seriously?
                            25 sacks is probably stretching it, but he should be in the running for 18-20 sacks a season. When he is on his game, he's unblockable. He's just on it less than most elite ends.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                              What do you guys think? Now that they've made a big splash in free agency by signing one of the NFL's best pass-rushers and some other guys... and they've hired a competent offensive coordinator to maximize Jay Cutler's talents...

Do they have what it takes to be a legit Super Bowl contender next year? Can they be favorites to win it all next year?

Where would you place them in the heirarchy of the NFC?

1. Saints
                              2. Cowboys
                              3. Bears?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What a terrible thread. "Giants SB contenders now?" is a much better question and so much more thread worthy...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information