No announcement yet.

Quinn traded to the Bronco!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be pissed if the Browns take any QB in the first 3 rounds.

I'd rather stick with Delhomme. This draft is embarrasing for QBs this year.

Build the running game and defense and get one of the far better QBs next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Am I the only one who likes this move for the Broncos?
      I personally think it was a steal for them. Im one of the people who believe that Quinn never really got a legitimate shot in Cleveland. Hes actually only played in 14 games his entire career, and he actually has more TDs then INTs in his career. Yes, he has accuracy problems. Yes, his mechanics need work. Maybe if Cleveland were a competent franchise in any way, they would of addressed some of those things. But he had coaching changes, all the ridiculousness of Anderson, and Cleveland never really came out and said to this guy who they spent 2 first round picks on and said "You're the guy, lets see what you've got." If they had done that, and he had still failed, then fine. But 14 games? You're ready to cut the cord after 14 games and a positive TD/INT ratio? Come on man, thats a bit early for my liking.

I really hope he goes to Denver and just blows it up, proving once and for all that it was Cleveland, not him, that was the problem.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Good deal for both sides. Quinn wasn't going to do anything for the Browns, and the Broncos get a high upside player on the cheap.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          I will be pissed if the Browns take any QB in the first 3 rounds.

I'd rather stick with Delhomme. This draft is embarrasing for QBs this year.

Build the running game and defense and get one of the far better QBs next year.
          How do you feel about Tim Tebow in the 2nd? I have a strong feeling that may be what Mike Holmgren and the Browns are trying to accomplish here. Makes a lot of sense.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I don't think it's all that big of a deal either way. Denver traded two late round picks and a FB to gamble on a terrible quarterback. It's a low-risk move that probably won't amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
              How do you feel about Tim Tebow in the 2nd? I have a strong feeling that may be what Mike Holmgren and the Browns are trying to accomplish here. Makes a lot of sense.
              I'm thinking Jimmy Clausen at #7... granted, Washington doesn't take him.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I kinda figured all along that this would be his most likely landing spot. I could see this being an intense QB battle heading into next season. Quinn has busted to this point, but let's see if McDaniels can do anything with him.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Wow. I'm not a big fan of Quinn at all and when I saw this was just like FML. But for a 6th round pick(that we were gonna blow anyway) and a guy we (unfortunately)never use, that's not a bad deal at all. Even as one of Quinn's biggest detractors I am absolutely SHOCKED his price was so low.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Browns fans want to bury this guy but what did he have to work with in 2009? 2 rookie WRs, no running game (early on)... they traded away his best target (Winslow.. thanks btw!) and expected him to do well? Great trade for Denver.
                    save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                      The Browns need a quarterback. We just got another fullback and signed Ben Watson, so I don't see where Tebow fits in. The last thing we need is a 3 year project at quarterback and we already have Josh Cribbs, who is far, far better than Tebow would be in the wildcat.

We have a ton of holes... taking a project like Tebow would be vomitous.

Comment

I kinda like it. But I've liked Quinn since he came out.

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Good deal for both sides. Quinn wasn't going to do anything for the Browns, and the Broncos get a high upside player on the cheap.
                        It's a cheap deal for a player I think still in a position to turn his career around.

I'm thinking Jimmy Clausen at #7... granted, Washington doesn't take him.
                        I guess that's why they have delhomme now, to start while Clausen is getting ready and/or to hold on to the position until the first pick next year.

What's amazing is that two seasons ago the Browns were the envy of the league QB-wise, having two guys possible top-notch starters for the spot. Neither of those guys is still on the team at this point. Funny how things change sometimes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Jimmy Clausen should probably start looking at houses in the Cleveland/Berea area.

Btw, hasn't Mike Holmgren already said the team wasn't interested in Tim Tebow? He didn't blatantly say it, but he said something along the lines of it.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                            Browns fans want to bury this guy but what did he have to work with in 2009? 2 rookie WRs, no running game (early on)... they traded away his best target (Winslow.. thanks btw!) and expected him to do well? Great trade for Denver.
                            Our receivers were horrible last year but the QB play was just as bad, don't let it fool you.

Comment

maybe they can use quinn at H-Back. he is ripped. hopefully he's not asked to throw.
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                Our receivers were horrible last year but the QB play was just as bad, don't let it fool you.
                                How can the QB play be good in that situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information