Jamaal Charles = OPOY 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Charles = OPOY 2010

If you didn't catch some of the later Chiefs games in 2009, you missed the coming out party of one of the greatest backs in the NFL right now: Jamaal Charles.

This cat seemed to hit his stride in the second half of the season in a huge way. He led the league in average yards per attempt despite his slow start and ended the season at a remarkable 5.9 y/a and 1120 yards gained.

Check out his stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...rJa00/gamelog/

Look at the explosion in yards in the second half of his second year in the league. If this is a portent of things to come, I'm calling it right now: Jamaal Charles will be offensive player of the year next year and could challenge Chris Johnson for "best back in the NFL" title.

thomas jones will take some of his stats

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I couldn't help it. :)

Comment

Ray Rice laughs at Jamaal Charles and his pitiful attempts at being the best back of the league.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

My name is vidae and I wholeheartedly approve of this thread.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Lions rookie Ben Tate will destroy all other RBs for the next 12 years.

Comment

Backs I would take before Charles:

1) Chris Johnson
              2) Adrian Peterson
              3) Maurice Jones-Drew
              4) Ray Rice
              5) Steven Jackson
              6) DeAngelo Williams
              7) Jonathan Stewart

Okay, I think it stops there.

Comment

Waiting for RC3's JaMarcus for MVP thread....

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Comment

Your getting way way ahead of yourself here, talk about going overboard.

I've always been a huge Charles fan after seeing what he was capable of 1st hand so many times, and when KC started using more zone blocking you saw him get more comfortable because that's how he made a living at Texas off of the zone read plays.

He should have a very good year, but talking about OPOY and best RB in the league this soon, your kidding yourself. He wouldn't be the first Rb to finish the 2nd half of a season hot then fade into nowhere.

Kevin Jones in his rookie season, and Julius Jones as a rookie, compare those 2 with Charles last 8 games or so and there isn't much difference.

Charles numbers in last 8 games: 161 carries for 968 yards and 7 TDs
                    Kevin Jones in last 8 games of rookie year: 172 carries for 906 yards and 4 TDs
                    Julius Jones in last 7 games of rookie year: 192 carries for 803 yards and 7 TDs

So let's take a deep breath and see him in a full 16 game season as 'the guy' before jumping to leaps of faith.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He obviously wasn't the best back in 2009, but the promising end to this season for this guy is a sign that he could potentially be in the top 5, and contend for the title, next year.

I'm not a Chiefs fan either - I was just browsing stats on profootballfocus and his "run" rankings and the league-high Y/A of 5.9 really jumped out at me.

Comment

It's Charlie Whitehurst's award to lose at this point...

Comment

Larry Johnson had 1200 yards in 9 games back in 05-06. ZOMGZ BEST BACK EVER!
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            It's Charlie Whitehurst's award to lose at this point...
                            Selling him a bit short there. As soon as he heads over to Arizona the MVP trophy is his to lose.

Comment

Ok, but what are the odds that Charles actually has a shot. I know you're 'calling it now' or whatever but let's take a realistic approach to this.

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Chris Johnson all would have to have underwhelming seasons. Now, the odds of not one of them having a huge year is already against Charles. That isn't including Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson ('member him?), and others I'm forgetting. Then, THEN!, the Chiefs would have to have a respectable record or the task for Charles to actually walk away with this thing gets that much harder. He would have to put up even MORE impressive numbers if the Chiefs continue to sit in the bottom tier of the league.

Not saying it's impossible but certainly not something I would bet on. Even if I got great odds.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information