Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imagine what we can get for volek

Comment

Look at the success rate of 3rd round picks.

Then consider moving down 20 spots in round 2 after you already have two firsts.

They didn't give up that much - this is just a draft website.

If Whitehurst is anything less than a capable starter they can win with - ya'll are right.

But what people need to be bashing the Seahawks for (what I bashed them for as soon as it happened) is passing on Sanchize and Crab for a 4-3 OLB. If they take Sanchize none of this ever happens...

That draft pick was a far worse move than potentially giving up a 3rd and 20 spots for nothing (CW).
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        And if he played for Rutgers he'd be the best thing since sliced bread.
        Redundant comment is redundant.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
          Look at the success rate of 3rd round picks.

Then consider moving down 20 spots in round 2 after you already have two firsts.

They didn't give up that much - this is just a draft website.

If Whitehurst is anything less than a capable starter they can win with - ya'll are right.

But what people need to be bashing the Seahawks for (what I bashed them for as soon as it happened) is passing on Sanchize and Crab for a 4-3 OLB. If they take Sanchize none of this ever happens...

That draft pick was a far worse move than potentially giving up a 3rd and 20 spots for nothing (CW).
          doesn't matter, it's a quarterback who was third string, a former third round pick with no NFL experience outside a few preseason games. It makes so little sense to give up what they gave up for him. Even if it's not much, it still makes very little sense.

Heck, even if Whitehurst is a success, it is still a very hefty price to pay for a third string QB who has never thrown a pass.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Wait, so it's giving up too much to give up next year's 3rd + 20 spots for a 3rd round prospect with added NFL experience?
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Wait, so it's giving up too much to give up next year's 3rd + 20 spots for a 3rd round prospect with added NFL experience?

added NFL experience? He's been on a team, whoopdie-freaking-doo! Third round prospect occupying the seed UNDER Billy Volek, mind you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

unless they prove something then nfl prospects are like cars. once you drive them off the lot, their value only goes down. (except for classic and/or awesome ones, whitehurst is not classic or awesome)
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

So then they should have just said "we will only give you a 4th for your 3rd round prospect?"

And then when the Chargers say "no" they move on and do nothing about their QB situation - because it is so important to preserve those 20 spots and the 3rd next year.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    unless they prove something then nfl prospects are like cars. once you drive them off the lot, their value only goes down. (except for classic and/or awesome ones, whitehurst is not classic or awesome)
                    I do not think NFL prospects are in any way similar to cars. I may be wrong.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

Comment

So then they should have just said "we will only give you a 4th for your 3rd round prospect?"

And then when the Chargers say "no" they move on and do nothing about their QB situation - because it is so important to preserve those 20 spots and the 3rd next year.

Is the draft over already?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Is the draft over already?
                          They just made their pick. It was Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson in the 3rd + a little bit round.

That selection is worse than LeFevour or McCoy at #40 how?
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Volek did lead the Chargers on a game winning drive in the playoffs vs the Colts. That was without LT back when he was great.

I can definitly see why they would keep him as their #2, even if Whitehurst looked much more impressive in practice.

Comment

They just made their pick. It was Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson in the 3rd + a little bit round.

That selection is worse than LeFevour or McCoy at #40 how?
                              That wasn't what my response was to. You said if they said no to this deal, then they would be doing nothing about their QB situation, as if this was taking place after the draft and they missed their opportunity already.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                wow that's a great gif :D I just watched the daily show, too.

anyhoo, so about whitehurst. Why is he worse than McCoy, well for one he's been gathering dust for 3 seasons, couldn't overtake Volek on the depth chart and hasn't played a single snap, not even garbage time. They spent a third rounder and 20 spots in the second on an unknown entity with no experience as a player in the actual NFL.

And I cannot stress this enough. Considering the above, even if Whitehurst turns out to be fantastic, they overpaid. A 3rd string backup is simply not worth that kind of picks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information