No announcement yet.

Comp draft picks announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know which players resulted in those 3rd rounders? I'm always curious about how you get high compensation picks, is it due to the contract they sign with a team, how much they produce, or what?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'll take a 5th, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Anybody know which players resulted in those 3rd rounders? I'm always curious about how you get high compensation picks, is it due to the contract they sign with a team, how much they produce, or what?
        Cincinnati -- 96
        Tennessee -- 97
        Atlanta -- 98

Cincy is TJ who's your momma
        Tennessee is Haynesworth
        Atlanta is Mike Vick?

Comment

Woot, getting the next Michael Turner with that 5th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
            Cincinnati -- 96
            Tennessee -- 97
            Atlanta -- 98

Tennessee is Haynesworth
            Atlanta is Mike Vick?

I'm guessing Boley, but I didn't think he would be worth a 3rd. Can't think of who else would be worth that much.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I wonder how the Titans got a 6th and a 7th? I know one is for Chris Carr...could it be that the other one was for Chris Simms? lulz.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

I'm guessing Boley, but I didn't think he would be worth a 3rd. Can't think of who else would be worth that much.
                well that would make sense i guess if playing time is included with the comp picks, he played almost all the games (was suspended in the beginning of the season)

Comment

The third is for Foxworth, and the 5th is for Boley

Comment

has there ever been a 2nd round comp pick or is the bottom of the 3rd the highest they go?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                      Cincinnati -- 96
                      Tennessee -- 97
                      Atlanta -- 98

Tennessee is Haynesworth
                      Atlanta is Mike Vick?
                      Vick was released does that count? And his contract was only 1.5 million his first season I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Doubja94 View Post
                        The third is for Foxworth, and the 5th is for Boley

Ding, ding, ding.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                          has there ever been a 2nd round comp pick or is the bottom of the 3rd the highest they go?
                          I hear they have this google thing on the internet these days.

Compensatory picks
                          In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                            I wonder how the Titans got a 6th and a 7th? I know one is for Chris Carr...could it be that the other one was for Chris Simms? lulz.
                            Maybe Loper.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              Maybe Loper.
                              Or Brandon Jones. Gawd it feels like has been gone forever....

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                                Or Brandon Jones. Gawd it feels like has been gone forever....
                                Not sure he was ever here. ;)
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information