No announcement yet.

Who will be picking first next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's going to be Buffalo. No quarterback to speak of and they did virtually nothing to improve an abysmal offensive line and 0-6 in that division is not difficult to imagine.

The Browns should be better than last year, but the schedule appears to be pretty brutal. The Browns could start out 2-0 and then go 2-12 for the rest of the year, so 1st pick isn't unthinkable, but Eric Mangini got 4 wins out of a bunch of players that wouldn't have made other rosters, so he might be able to have a pretty decent year. Even if Jake Delhomme is mediocre, that's an improvement over last year's production from the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      The Browns, Bills and Broncos.

The Browns are still really sketchy, they might be better because of their game plan but I don't really see a big improvement coming, they've got a good set of corners now with Sheldon, Wright and Haden but all I see in their front seven is mediocrity aside from Jackson and Rogers and Rogers isn't a good NT, great talent, fantastic 4-3 DT but he just doesn't play like a 3-4 NT, he tries to penetrate too much. Also on offense, their talent at receiver and QB is still REALLY thin IMO so I think they're going to be relying on the Hardesty and Harrison a lot of this season.

The Broncos are just terribly managed and there is no way they're going to get better now that they lost their best offensive player. Thomas is really good and will be a star in this league one day in my opinion but he is just so raw and I can't see him contributing a whole lot this season. Also Tim Tebow? I really can't see him starting or making an impact so it looks like a season with Quinn or Neckbeard at QB. Also I don't think the Broncos really improved their defense, they have some aging players like Dawkins and Champ who are bound to lose a step and I heard they're going to play more 4-3 fronts which means that they're limiting their best defensive player in Dumerville. I see a rough season for Denver.

Also the Bills are just terribly managed and they don't have the right mix of talent IMO, good secondary, good running attack but they don't have the QB to get the ball to Lee Evans, their offensive line is terrible and their front 7 is going through a transition. Rough year.
      That's a really good point. It's not like the Bills don't have talent, it's just that the positions they do have talent at don't compliment each other. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        The Browns, Bills and Broncos.

The Browns are still really sketchy, they might be better because of their game plan but I don't really see a big improvement coming, they've got a good set of corners now with Sheldon, Wright and Haden but all I see in their front seven is mediocrity aside from Jackson and Rogers and Rogers isn't a good NT, great talent, fantastic 4-3 DT but he just doesn't play like a 3-4 NT, he tries to penetrate too much.
        You are 100% right about this. The Browns defense got better after Rogers broke his ankle with worse linebackers, because Athyba Rubin, while not dominant, is much more effective as a nose tackle because he actually does his job. My hope is that Rubin will be the starting nose tackle and Rogers will be an end where he could be really, really effective and there are rumblings that this could be what's going to happen.

Comment

I vote Chiefs. They made some terrible personnel decisions lately IMO. Are they playing Brandon Albert at LT? If so, he's going to struggle for a long while before/if the switch turns on. And the defense, they put so much into that DL and it still doesn't have an identity.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
              Never going to happen. I would've though most people around here would've learned after all the doom-and-gloom predictions for Denver last year.

Regardless of what you think of McDaniels, the team will be competitive.
              The way Denver's been putting together a team I don't see them finishing bottom 5 as long as they keep it up. I'm not complimenting them, they will just be average/below average at least for awhile.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                I vote Chiefs. They made some terrible personnel decisions lately IMO. Are they playing Brandon Albert at LT? If so, he's going to struggle for a long while before/if the switch turns on. And the defense, they put so much into that DL and it still doesn't have an identity.
                Branden Albert has only ever played LT in the NFL. Just so you know.

Comment

The Patriots.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Bills or Browns, maybe the Rams if Bradford really struggles.

It is all about the QB which is why I dont think itll be the Bucs or Lions.
                    save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      They won't be picking first, but I am hoping the Raiders have the worst record for completely selfish reasons. Unlikely, though.
                      Eh...I think having the top pick of the draft and being unable to trade out of it would be Bill Belichick's worst nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                        When did Rex Ryan leave the Jets to coach the Browns defense?

The problem with the Browns is that a.) They still don't have a quarterback and b.) Their defense is still mediocre, even with Joe Haden and Sheldon Brown, neither of whom is anything more than merely a solid corner.

Delhomme is absolutely terrible. I'd rather have Brady Quinn than Delhomme, if I were a coach. I'm definitely not sold on Colt McCoy, and he will contribute nothing in 2010. Seneca Wallace is a career backup, and he's basically your best chance - that's not good.
                        The Browns defense probably isn't going to be good, but they are becoming underrated.

Sheldon Brown is likely going to be the nickelback or star, however you wanna phrase it. Joe Haden and Eric Wright are going to be the starting corners unless something unforeseen happens, with Wright likely being the #1. That's a damn good set of corners if Haden produces

Our linebackers are pretty mediocre, however Rob Ryan is a good defensive coordinator and his schemes get production out of less than stellar players with the corners the Browns now have, he will have even more freedom to send the house on blitzes.

Comment

We don't have any stars at linebacker but we have a bunch of solid veterans who aren't gonna stink: Jackson, Fujita, Bowens, Gocong, Trusnik, Maiava, Benard and my favorite Roth who killed late last year when we signed him off waivers. The weakness on D last year was the secondary and they fixed that problem. I think the defense will be top 15 in the league this year. Passing game on offense is the problem.

People will shut up about the Browns #1 overall talk after we start 2-0 against Tampa and KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            Branden Albert has only ever played LT in the NFL. Just so you know.
                            That would partially explain the 45 sacks given up by them last year. I haven't watched the Chiefs much but Albert as a prospect was pretty raw as a tackle. Was a phenomenal guard and had the tools but had to change his technique, body, etc. to make the move. Plus there is the old saying that tackles can move inside but not the other way around.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              We don't have any stars at linebacker but we have a bunch of solid veterans who aren't gonna stink: Jackson, Fujita, Bowens, Gocong, Trusnik, Maiava, Benard and my favorite Roth who killed late last year when we signed him off waivers. The weakness on D last year was the secondary and they fixed that problem. I think the defense will be top 15 in the league this year. Passing game on offense is the problem.
                              Trusnik stinks... he's a really instinctive guy, but he's physically unable. Gocong and Fujita have never played the scheme, so they very well could suck. David Bowens is even older. D'Qwell Jackson and Matt Roth are good, although still unsigned, but that's really it. I really hope Benard builds off of his 5.5 sacks from last year as an UDFA and that Maiava gets stouter at the point of attack and Veikune contributes. The linebackers are the teams weakness this year... I just hope Ryan's scheme can protect against that.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                The Chiefs or the Bills. They didn't do nearly enough in the offseason to improve their terrible teams.

The Lions will surprise people and could win more than 8 games this year. The Rams will not be good, but they will be better with Bradford. The Redskins will win at least 6 games with McNabb. The Raiders will win at least 6 games with Campbell and their excellent draft.

That leaves the Chiefs and the Bills. Getting a potential All-Pro safety in the draft, and a potential All-Pro running back, respectively, is not nearly enough to improve these two terrible teams.
                                Someone is still upset he was wrong about the Chiefs drafting a OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information