Who will be picking first next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
    That would partially explain the 45 sacks given up by them last year. I haven't watched the Chiefs much but Albert as a prospect was pretty raw as a tackle. Was a phenomenal guard and had the tools but had to change his technique, body, etc. to make the move. Plus there is the old saying that tackles can move inside but not the other way around.
    You have not watched him play much and yet you still blame him?

Comment

Theres not much to like in Cleveland, but with a verteran QB and their defense I'm guessing like 5 wins for them.

First pick will be the Bills, Rams, or Bucs.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
        The only possible wins I see on the Bills' schedule are the Jags, Lions, Chiefs and Bears. I think all 4 of those teams are better than the Bills right now.

The Lions, Rams, Redskins and Browns all have a shot at the top. The Raiders should be much better with an friendly schedule and no JRuss.
        the bears are only maybe better than the bills now :/

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          Trusnik stinks... he's a really instinctive guy, but he's physically unable. Gocong and Fujita have never played the scheme, so they very well could suck. David Bowens is even older. D'Qwell Jackson and Matt Roth are good, although still unsigned, but that's really it. I really hope Benard builds off of his 5.5 sacks from last year as an UDFA and that Maiava gets stouter at the point of attack and Veikune contributes. The linebackers are the teams weakness this year... I just hope Ryan's scheme can protect against that.

Trusnik was pretty physical and instinctive last year and was a surprising addition in how he added to our run defense. He is a stud special teamer too. Of course he stinks against the pass and had to get off the field when it was 3rd down last year. Maiava on the flipside proved to be a decent nickelbacker for a rookie and that might be his niche in the NFL (that seems to be why we took him in round 4 afterall). Bowens was a very solid veteran presence last year at ILB and OLB. He'll be a valuable rotational guy. Gocong and Fujita are unknowns in our system, but they are expected to be solid veteran contributors in the rotation so long as they play as they have been at least.

Comment

Seahawks, After trading up to get Locker. ;)

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
            too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              The Browns, Bills and Broncos.
              Sorry, Thumper, no team that has Brian Dawkins on its roster is ever finishing last in the league.

I don't care how bad the offense will be, Dawkins won't let that happen. :)

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                That would partially explain the 45 sacks given up by them last year. I haven't watched the Chiefs much but Albert as a prospect was pretty raw as a tackle. Was a phenomenal guard and had the tools but had to change his technique, body, etc. to make the move. Plus there is the old saying that tackles can move inside but not the other way around.
                This is super silly. Albert was a raw prospect so he clearly attributed to all 45 sacks last year.

in 2007, with Tom Brady at QB for 16 games, the New England Patriots gave up 21 sacks.

in 2008, with Matt Cassel at QB for 15 games, the New England Patriots gave up 47 sacks.

in 2009, with Tom Brady at QB for 16 games, the New England Patriots gave up 16 sacks.

I love Matt Cassel and I believe I was one of the only believers that he can be a franchise QB for the Chiefs when he was traded (I may still be in very small company on that stand point). However, he does hold onto the ball a little longer than most QB's. I think he'll get better at this with time, but if not it's not really a huge deal. Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers both are notorious for holding onto the ball to long as well.

Furthermore, Branden Albert did struggle early on but as the year went on he really got acclimated with his position and the rest of the offensive line. Everyone knew he might have some growing pains but he was the best possible choice for the chiefs at #15 that year and has a lot of potential (which he is now starting to realize).

Maybe Albert ends up being terrible this year and turns into a major bust, but an educated analysis doesn't indicate anything of the sort so far. Right now he looks like he's right on track to hold that position for the next 10-15 years (or however long he plays).

Comment

I think Buffalo, which may actually be a good thing for them so they shouldn't feel bad. They have no Franchise QB or Franchise LT, a defensive overhaul with young players who'll need to play early, and are playing in a division where every team improved. I say it could be a good thing because they need that Franchise QB like Locker to come in and pair with CJ Spiller for a dynamic future offense, or if they miss out on him, they still have a shot at the next best QB, who could be very good like Luck or even Mallett if he improves his accuracy, or a Franchise Left Tackle. They're in the middle of a multiyear process til they become a playoff team, and getting that major building block for their franchise would be very beneficial rather than going 6-10 and possibly missing that elite prospect. I'm not saying fans should hope they lose - just giving a silver lining.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Cleveland takes Cameron Heyward, Robert Quinn or Allen Bailey #1.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      hmmm...browns on paper look better than TB, DET, STL, KC, and a few other teams. Not sure why they're such a popular choice considering how well they finished the season, winning their final four games behind a dominating running game and tough defensive efforts by a bunch of no-names....they ran for like 250 on Pittsburgh with just Josh Cribbs and Chris Jennings.

I would say Tampa Bay, Detroit, St.Louis. The usual suspects as they say. Buffalo I want to say but they always manage to win enough games to be in that 8-12 range despite not having good talent on the OLine, QB, or at WR.

I like to look at how teams played at the end of the year. Jets, Titans, Texans, and Browns all kicked butt at the end of the year. I think they'll all have hot starts.
                      What makes Cleveland better on paper than Tampa or Detroit?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I hope its the Bills they've earned getting Locker, if anyone is going to make that over-simplified spread work in the NFL it'll be Locker.

If not them I see the Browns doing terrible, the Lions having another ****** year before hitting .500 next year, the Rams' defense proving too much for that young offense to overcome and the Chiefs being in the mix with the Cards as my dark horse to completely **** the bed, the pass D has serious issues and if Leinart is the bust I and some others expect the offense might not be enough to overcome that.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          What makes Cleveland better on paper than Tampa or Detroit?
                          Or KC? :) Other then their OL.

Comment

better defense, better OLine/running game. That's all it takes. DET/TB dont' have good QBs or defenses. Same reasons why Cleveland was kicking butt to end the year and Detroit/Tampa won like 2 games. Jets had a great running game and defense and their QB threw 20 picks yet they won 11 games overall and went to the AFC Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              better defense, better OLine/running game. That's all it takes. DET/TB dont' have good QBs or defenses. Same reasons why Cleveland was kicking butt to end the year and Detroit/Tampa won like 2 games. Jets had a great running game and defense and their QB threw 20 picks yet they won 11 games overall and went to the AFC Championship game.
                              Detroit was dead because half of the roster was hurt and Tampa actually had some tough games. Cleveland's defense is not better than Detroit or Tampa, nor is the actual running talent better.

Same with the Chiefs whom I forgot to mention.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

uhhhhh....yeah it is. Tampa is very young on defense though I'll give them that. They have some longterm pieces in place. Detroit has a **** defense and will probably be somewhere between 30 and 32 in pass defense this year. Cleveland was 8th in sacks last year and finished the year as a good run defense with Rubin at nose and Bowens/Trusnik/Roth at linebacker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information