No announcement yet.

Who will be picking first next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Browns have the better OL but the Chiefs have the better RB's they can go three deep and Cassel isn't great but he is better then any one on the Browns.

Comment

KC and Cleveland both have good backs. Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones are a great 1-2 punch. Browns have Harrison/Hardesty now with Hillis and James Davis. Neither of those teams will be hurting in the backfield one bit.

Cleveland's defense was playing really well with a bunch of no names starting. Adding Shaun Rogers, D'Qwell Jackson, Chris Gocong, Sheldon Brown, Joe Haden, and TJ Ward to that mix should solidify the unit even more.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        uhhhhh....yeah it is. Tampa is very young on defense though I'll give them that. They have some longterm pieces in place. Detroit has a **** defense and will probably be somewhere between 30 and 32 in pass defense this year. Cleveland was 8th in sacks last year and finished the year as a good run defense with Rubin at nose and Bowens/Trusnik/Roth at linebacker.
        The present day starting OLB's are Fujita and Roth. Good luck with the sacks this year.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Gotta be the Bills. Worst run organization in football from top to bottom.
          The Bills have been no where near as pathetic as the Raiders or Redskins.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            The present day starting OLB's are Fujita and Roth. Good luck with the sacks this year.
            Fujita is an ILB next to Jackson. Our OLBs are Roth (who was unblockable late last year when we signed him) with David Bowens and Chris Gocong at LOLB. Marcus Benard is a situational pass rusher who had 5 or 6 sacks in the last 4 or 5 games last year as a rookie UDFA. We were 8th in the league in sacks and now we get Roth for a full year instead of for just a handful of games.

Comment

Roth can get after the quarterback, but Futjita is supposed to be our Teddy inside linbacker and I didn't like or understood the move when it was made... 9 years in the league and no experience in the 3-4. The other pass rushing spot is gonna go to the winner of Gocong/Benard/whomever else is there.

Comment

Fujita is an ILB next to Jackson. Our OLBs are Roth (who was unblockable late last year when we signed him) with David Bowens and Chris Gocong at LOLB. Marcus Benard is a situational pass rusher who had 5 or 6 sacks in the last 4 or 5 games last year as a rookie UDFA. We were 8th in the league in sacks and now we get Roth for a full year instead of for just a handful of games.
                My mistake with the Fujita thing, but you are putting way too much in the last 4 games of last year.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't see KC picking number 1 anytime soon. Next year I could see either the Browns or Steelers picking number 1. I know, the Steelers. Big Ben is getting a suspension, and from what I saw last year, they were falling apart. If they don't pick first, they will pick in the top 5. Other possibilities in my eyes, the Rams and Bills.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

My mistake with the Fujita thing, but you are putting way too much in the last 4 games of last year.
                    I'm not sure much of that wasn't a mirage myself. However, Roth, from the time he got here was consistently good. My understanding was he was always hurt in Miami and A. The Dolphins with Parcells and Sparano don't put up with injuries anyway, but B. weren't necessarily believing that he was unable to play, so we'll see where that goes.

Honestly, I think the Chiefs' coaching staff tanked the game against us.

Comment

well that's when they found their "identity" and figured things out.

People tend to look at starting lineups and forget things like Vickers is one of best lead blockers in the game, Harrison was only second to Charles in rushing in the last 4 or 5 games of the year, Joshua Cribbs is a difference maker on our offense even though he isn't really a starter, and we played some damn good defense despite having a bunch of solid veterans and no real "star power" up front.

I think how a team plays at the end of the year is more of an indication of how they'll look the next year than anything else. Remember the Bengals late in 2008? Or the Bengals late in 2004 before they won the division in '05?
                      Last edited by keylime_5; 04-30-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Haley should not have been calling plays. He was horrible in more than one occasion.. the Dallas OT playcalling was downright atrocious.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

well that's when they found their "identity" and figured things out.

People tend to look at starting lineups and forget things like Vickers is one of best lead blockers in the game, Harrison was only second to Charles in rushing in the last 4 or 5 games of the year, Joshua Cribbs is a difference maker on our offense even though he isn't really a starter, and we played some damn good defense despite having a bunch of solid veterans and no real "star power" up front.

I think how a team plays at the end of the year is more of an indication of how they'll look the next year than anything else. Remember the Bengals late in 2008? Or the Bengals late in 2004 before they won the division in '05?
                          They played the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Steelers, and the Jaguars. 3 of those teams picked in the top 10 and the Steelers did not want to play that game in the least. They looked like the team playing out the string getting ready for the offseason and the Browns looked like they were fighting for a playoff spot.

I think Mangini and company deserve a lot of credit because the team was playing hard at the end of the year, but I'm hesitant to really believe in any of it considering the Browns won 4 games with 0 quarterback play and like I said, the Steelers quit and I think the Chiefs tanked.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            Haley should not have been calling plays. He was horrible in more than one occasion.. the Dallas OT playcalling was downright atrocious.
                            If your special teams coach has a job, the fix was in. Who the **** kicks to Cribbs after you've already given up 1 return TD. 2 return TDs? Was the coaching staff really sitting there thinking I think we've finally got the strategy to beat him?

Comment

Most of the time, there is no correlation between playing well late in the season and playing well the next year. There is just too big a gap during the offseason. Plus, Delhomme is crap.

And you guys "kicked butt" against OAK, KC, and JAX... meh
                              save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                                Most of the time, there is no correlation between playing well late in the season and playing well the next year. There is just too big a gap during the offseason. Plus, Delhomme is crap.

And you guys "kicked butt" against OAK, KC, and JAX... meh
                                Crap > What we had last year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information