No announcement yet.

Jared Allen the biggest impact player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Allen the biggest impact player?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...len/index.html

Why Vikings' Allen is NFL's biggest non-quarterback impact player.
    Read and discuss this should be good. :)

I agree :) Jared Allen is sex
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Im gonna have to go with Chris Johnson... the dude practically was the titans last year and it was only his 2nd year in the league.

Comment

I hate the guy, but I admit he's deservedly high.
        I still think Polamalu is the best overall though, and we saw how much worse their defense was last year with Troy hurt.

Jared Allen..... hard for me to give any props to my evil enemies, but you have to tip your cap to thethe Grapes for being aggressive and adding proven talent not just thru the draft.

The draft-purists thought the Vikings were trading too much.
        For every Adrian Peterson, there's a Troy Williamson, or Jamark Russell.....

How often do high draft pick DEs turn into guys this good? Ask Chris Long, Jamal Reynolds, Quenton Moses, Gaines Adams (RIP), Jarvis Moss, Vern Gholston....... we knew Jared Allen was a pure beast.
        Damn Vikings. Why can't they just draft and develop.

Allen, Pat Williams, Winfield, Shiancoe, Longwell, Favre..... lotsa key players here that they didn't draft.

Comment

I agree with this article. Jared Allen is a ******* game changer.

Comment

Love him or hate him, you cant argue with that write up.

Comment

I wanted to argue for Dwight Freeney because he changes how a team prepares. But Allen's ability to play the run AND rush the passer is hard to beat. He plays the way Mario Williams should play.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                I wanted to argue for Dwight Freeney because he changes how a team prepares. But Allen's ability to play the run AND rush the passer is hard to beat. He plays the way Mario Williams should play.
                TBH, I think both Dwight Freeney and Gary Brackett get a bad rap against the run. He's so short and stocky, that offensive tackles have a really hard time getting under him and moving him off the line. The majority of the time, he causes a stalemate, and when he doesn't, he's usually using his leverage and actually pushing the tackle into the backfield.

Comment

Jared Allen might as well have not even dressed for the game against the Browns, so it's really hard for me to say it's him.

I'm inclined to say it's Darelle Revis right this second because of how much flexibility he gives the Jets defense. There are a ton of things they would be otherwise unable to do without him in their lineup.

Comment

DeMarcus Ware certainly deserves a mention for the same reason as Allen. Dominant pass rusher who comes up with sacks in big moments and also plays the run very well.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      Jared Allen might as well have not even dressed for the game against the Browns, so it's really hard for me to say it's him.

I'm inclined to say it's Darelle Revis right this second because of how much flexibility he gives the Jets defense. There are a ton of things they would be otherwise unable to do without him in their lineup.
                      Meh, one game against the NFL's best left tackle is a pretty small sample size to judge off of.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        We get it Joe Thomas is good...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          We get it Joe Thomas is good...
                          Seriously. Stop hijacking every thread to throw in some comment about how awesome the Browns are. We get it. We'll start caring once they break .500.

Comment

Andre Johnson anyone?

Certainly deserves to be in the discussion. Texans were the #1 passing team in the NFL and he's a HUGE reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Andre Johnson anyone?

Certainly deserves to be in the discussion. Texans were the #1 passing team in the NFL and he's a HUGE reason why.
                              I don't think it can possibly be a wide receiver no matter good he is, because he's dependent on the quarterback.

Revis affects the game no matter what... he frees up a defender to load up against the run or blitz or an extra defender to help elsewhere in coverage. Revis essentially gives the Jets an extra defender

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information