No announcement yet.

Why are so many people picking Dallas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many people picking Dallas?

Is this more NFC East overrated hype, or America's Team hype?

The Packers totally shut down the Cowboys and Miles Austin last season, shutting them out until the final few minutes.
    The Vikings kicked their arses in the playoff blowout, yet I see quite a few pundits picking the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl.

Can anyone here explain to me how/who/what makes the Cowboys all of a sudden leapfrog the Vikings and Packers?
    The addition of Dezzy B? The subtraction of Flo-Z?

I personally don't think they've leapfrogged either, but I think they're the best in the east. Their offense is going to be ridiculous and their defense will keep them in games.

Comment

I think the injury bug hits Dallas this year. I have no basis for that, it's just a hunch of mine. They had no player go on IR last year. Law of averages has to strike right?

That being said, the fate of their offense lies in Doug Free, and their defense rests on those safeties. I don't feel good about those safeties. The talent is clearly there to make a SB run though.

Comment

Tony Romo was hot at the end of the year. I like dallas but i dont see them in the super bowl at all. No way they get a home super bowl. Its gonna be the Giants vs Dolphins

Comment

On offense, the sum of their parts might be one of the best in the league, but personally I don't believe in the offensive line or Doug Free and Romo might have problems playing behind the worst offensive line in his career (I think?). Still good enough to put points on the board though, like I said they have some of the best pieces in the league. I like the defense more than most with a strong front 7 mostly and some ball hawks in the secondary.

They could take the NFC, but they need things to go right for them. Power ranking I'd put them in the 5-8 range probably. Maybe some of their core players have peaked and might slow down with age. Maybe some of the talented young skill positions will have big impacts. We'll see.

Also Wade Phillips is a bad coach and bad coaches don't win many playoff games.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I think they are the best team in the East. But if our defense can get it's head out of it's buttock, with this new DC we have. Then I think we can easily contend with them, if not take the NFC East crown outright. What has plagued us since Coughlin got the job are coordinators..

Since 2004:

HC: Coughlin
            OC: Hufagel, Gilbride
            DC: Lewis, Spags, Sheridan, and now Fewell

If this defense can actually be avg. Then I have no doubt we can do some good things this year. If this defense is above avg- good, then I have no doubt we can win our division, assuming we dont have injuries like last year.

It comes down to this new DC and if he is good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              On offense, the sum of their parts might be one of the best in the league, but personally I don't believe in the offensive line or Doug Free and Romo might have problems playing behind the worst offensive line in his career (I think?). Still good enough to put points on the board though, like I said they have some of the best pieces in the league. I like the defense more than most with a strong front 7 mostly and some ball hawks in the secondary.

They could take the NFC, but they need things to go right for them. Power ranking I'd put them in the 5-8 range probably. Maybe some of their core players have peaked and might slow down with age. Maybe some of the talented young skill positions will have big impacts. We'll see.

Also Wade Phillips is a bad coach and bad coaches don't win many playoff games.
              i agree i dont like phillips they need a ***** like jon gruden in there

Comment

Because they're always overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  Is this more NFC East overrated hype, or America's Team hype?

The Packers totally shut down the Cowboys and Miles Austin last season, shutting them out until the final few minutes.
                  The Vikings kicked their arses in the playoff blowout, yet I see quite a few pundits picking the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl.

Can anyone here explain to me how/who/what makes the Cowboys all of a sudden leapfrog the Vikings and Packers?
                  The addition of Dezzy B? The subtraction of Flo-Z?
                  It's a new year with new personnel. Looking at last year's losses aren't a good indication of how good THIS team will be.

Why are people picking Dallas? They are a strong team that has a solid core of players on both sides of the ball. Tony Romo has improved each year, they have three strong RBs with an O-line built for that style, and with Miles Austin emerging as a true #1 (and toss in the exceptionally talented Dez Bryant,) you have a recipe for success.

On the defensive side of the ball, they will remain one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL with a solid front 7 built for their 3-4 style of play. Secondary has continued to improve, and though there are still weak points, every team has those.

The issues among the O-line and secondary could hold them back a bit, but it isn't crazy to buy into Dallas. I think they win the division, but lose in the playoffs to a team like the Packers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

they dont have enough Rutgers players to get them to that next level.

also, no disrespect to any Dallas fans here (except D, he's a jerk!) but Dallas always seems to be in the news and has been a sexy pick in the preseason for a few years in a row now.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

In before this thread goes to 3 pages.

Vikings- aged O-line and dline, even older QB
                      Packers- Shaky o-line, hard to repeat same defensive performance surely they will slip up.

Its a new season. The saints were 8-8 an missed the playoffs before they won this year.
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

They have 3 great players in that front 7. Ware goes without saying, I think Ratliff is emerging as one of the best interior dlinemen in the league, and Spencer is doing a great Shaun Phillips-when-Merriman-was-good-and-took-all-the-blockers-off-him impression.

Their DEs are average, but they don't need to be great with that 3 headed monster up front. Their ILBs are average, and that could be an issue. Their safeties are average, that could be an issue. They have 3 very good press man CBs, although Newman is a shell of his former self, he's still a good #3 option at CB.

When you look at this team defensively, they have the edges on lock. Good CBs and a great pass rush makes it difficult to throw outside on em. But they are soft up the middle in the pass game. Weak ILBs and weak safeties leave them vulnerable to TEs and seam routes.

I expect teams to try to take advantage of that. But overall that defense is very very good and it will take the right team with the right personnel to expose it.

Offensively, as stated before, I'm also not a huge fan of that offensive line. I think if they take a step back offensively, it will be for that reason. Their skill positions are loaded. Austin, Dez, Witten, and Felix Jones are deadly weapons.

I'm not buying into Martellus Bennett. A spade is a spade, and he's a guy who won't live up to the potential in my eyes. Roy Williams is a bum, but I like Oggletree in the slot. Barber may be washed up, but Choice is there to replace him easily.

They have weapons. My main concerns are the middle of their defense in pass coverage, and their offensivel line.

I think they deserve to be considered the team to beat in the East, but maybe this is homerism talking, I don't think they win the East. I think the Giants bounce back in a big way this year.

Thats only if Perry Fewell isn't a turd and we stay healthy. I have concerns about our own oline as well. Our oline isn't very good. Hasn't been very good in pass coverage forever, and now its no longer great in run blocking either.

Comment

The Eagles are better.

Comment

In terms of talent, Dallas is up there with anyone, but it never translates at the end of the season.

If you evaluate purely on talent, Dallas probably is the favorite.

Comment

Wonderbredd took the words out of my mouth.. Why are so many people picking Dallas? They are pretty good, it will be interesting to see how they play after finally getting past the first round of the playoffs last year. Talent wise across the board its pretty much there. Doug Free at LT is still unknown to me though he looked good in the game he was featured. Kept alot of the same people around, coaching staff included so the chemistry should be on point and them and Packers in the NFC Championship game wouldn't be surprising.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information