Rescue Players from your Rivals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue Players from your Rivals

Premise is simple: Choose one player from each of your 3 division rivals that you'd like to add to your own team and explain why.

For the Bears:

Detroit - Calvin Johnson - Delmas is tempting as we need a safety more than just about anything else right now, but Johnson is just some competence from Stafford and the o-line from being truly elite. He already has the physical side of things down, just needs the production and with Cutler flinging the ball all over, he'd get it with the Bears. Plus he'd make Knox and Hester look better since he'd draw the coverage.

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson - Fumbling issues aside, Peterson is still a beastly runner who could easily rack up 300 yards in any given week. Keep him fresh using Forte and his former mate Chester Taylor and the run game should be sick.

Still weaknesses with the interior o-line and the safeties, but the other teams in this division don't have anyone that much better really....

So who would you take?

I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

For the Steelers:

From Cleveland: LT Joe Thomas - Arguably the best LT in the game, and we desperately need offensive line help.

From Cincinnati: LB Rey Maualuga - Kind of unexpected, especially with other players like Leon Hall or maybe even Andre Smith available, but I think that Maualuga would be a special player as a 3-4 ILB for us, more specifically playing the buck role. Would enable Timmons to switch over to the Mack, and wreak havoc everywhere. If not Maualuga, then definitely Andre Smith, and see if he could play guard.

From Baltimore: LT Michael Oher - A beast in the making. We need help all over the o-line and this guy is a player. Strongly considered Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, Ben Grubbs, and Jared Gaither, but Reed is old and injury prone, we've already got Woodley and Harrison and Worilds and Gibson, we've got Mendenhall, and I felt Oher is and will be a better player than Grubbs and Gaither.

If we got those players, our O-line would be:

LT: Joe Thomas
      LG: Chris Kemoeatu
      C: Maurkice Pouncey
      RG: ??? (Andre Smith if we took him).
      RT: Michael Oher

Nothing would stop the offense anymore.
      Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.
        Teehee.

But that would be a truly amazing team.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Texans-Demeco Ryans- Great young middle linebacker. It would have been cush if he was not on the juice. Thought about super mario but it would be hard to split time between freeney/mathis/hughes.

Titans- Michael Roos- Any upgrade would be good along the offensive line. He has been an all pro one point and is one of the better blindside protectors. 2nd option would be Cortland Finnegan.

Jaguars- MoJo Drew- It was a really tough one for this team. In the end it had to be little hercules.
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Indianapolis Colts - Gotta go with Peyton Manning. Their best player. Better than VY. Would give us a legit passing attack to pair with the OL and CJ2k.

Houston Texans - Andre Johnson. CJ2k + Peyton Manning + Andre Johnson + Titans OL = All things nice.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Uhhh, it's gotta be DEF. Pass-rush and CB depth were the issues last year, so that means Kampman or Mathis/Cox. I think I'll go with Kampman. Makes the DE's a 4 deep rotation with Morgan, Kampman, Hayes, and Ford, and an improved pass-rush will improve the secondary.

Offense:

QB: Peyton Manning
            RB: Chris Johnson
            FB: Ahmard Hall
            WR: Andre Johnson
            WR: Kenny Britt
            Slot: Damian Williams/Jared Cook
            TE: Bo Scaife/Jared Cook
            LT: Michael Roos
            LG: Leroy Harris
            C: Eugene Amano
            RG: Jake Scott
            RT: David Stewart

Defense:

RE: William Hayes/Jacob Ford
            NT: Tony Brown
            UT: Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks
            LE: Derrick Morgan/Aaron Kampman
            ROLB: Will Witherspoon
            MIKE: Stephen Tulloch
            LOLB: David Thornton/Gerald McRath
            CB: Cortland Finnegan
            CB: Jason McCourty
            FS: Michael Griffin
            SS: Chris Hope

I'll take it.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

[QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.[QUOTE]

i lol'd

Vikings: Jared Allen: Have him as a OLB in the 3-4
              Lions: Calvin Johnson: Best offense eva
              Bears: umm...Robbie Gould?

Comment

Detroit - Calvin Johnson
                Yes we're already well off at WR, but you can't pass up Calvin Johnson. Besides, it's not like there's anyone else worth taking from the Lions roster. Having Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, JerMichael Finely, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson all available to Aaron Rodgers would be ridiculous. Instant MVP right there, and probably Super Bowl.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson
                I'm not one of those Packer fans that's down on Ryan Grant, but this is a clear upgrade. Put Peterson in the backfield with that aerial attack and the offense is unstoppable. Even without the best offensive line there would be so many ways to burn a defense if they brought too much pressure that they'd have to back off a bit.

Chicago - Lance Briggs
                Honestly there's not a lot I'd want from Chicago. The strengths that they do have don't really match up with what we're missing. Plugging Briggs in for Hawk should be a nice little upgrade though.

Comment

Pittsburgh - Lamarr Woodley, OLB - We need pass rushers in a bad way and Woodley is an incredibly balanced threat to add to our defense

Baltimore - Haloti Ngata, DL - We could have a DLine with Rogers and Ngata at ends and Rubin at the nose

Cincinnati - Andre Smith, OT - With Thomas and Mack, we would have one of the best lines in the league for a decade
                  Last edited by wonderbredd24; 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=PACKmanN;2239337][QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.

i lol'd

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      Vikings: Peterson (Allen can't play linebacker)
                      Lions: Megatron (We're loaded at WR and Suh is tempting, but...)
                      Bears: Peppers (I don't think anyone else on their roster would upgrade us anywhere) :o) lol

Comment

[QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239344][QUOTE=PACKmanN;2239337]
                        Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.
                        Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.

Comment

Pittsburgh Steelers-Troy P. HIm and Reed give us the 2 best safteys in football.

Cleveland Browns-Shaun Rogers. The dline would be
                          RDE-Ngata
                          NT-Cody
                          LDE-Rogers

that is over 1,000 pounds of madness up there.

Cinncinnatti-Give me Leon Hall/John Joseph. IDK which CB is better but we would take the best one to bolster this secondary.

Comment

NY Giants: Justin Tuck

As bad as I wanted to say Clint Sintim for some reason because he'd tear it up in our system, Tuck would be a monster. Parcells wanted him for his 3-4, he'd be even better in Wade's. Would be able to get after the passer and hold his own in the run dept, a game changing DE.

Philly: Broderick Bunkley

I had a really tough time finding a guy to take, because most the guys I would take were set at that position. He's not the greatest fit, but another stout D-lineman up front surely won't hurt and we'd put him in great situations where he wouldn't have to be consistently doubled. They didn't have any safeties, CB's, or ILB's I'd take.

Washington: Brian Orakpo

So? We'll figure out how to get all 3 pass-rushers on the field at the same time, and I'd love for defenses to figure out how to block them when all 3 of them are changing from left to the right before the snap and rushing from all over the place.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

[QUOTE=GB12;2239347][QUOTE=BeerBaron;2239344]
                              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post

Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.
                              If you combined all of the Bears and Packers safeties, would Collins be the best? Yeah probably...but he's not that incredible of an upgrade. It's not like he'd be a young Ed Reed thrown into the mix.

Btw...why are quotes in quotes suddenly broken?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information