Schaub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaub

Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous. Someone please explain to me how he's not the most over-rated QB in the NFL because I see a very nice starter but not someone clearly superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's much less you Eli's and Romo's.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Where is your evidence for what you said in your first two statements? I've never really seen people around here talk about Matt Schaub in the light you're insinuating. Regardless, he's put up production compared to the likes of Eli Manning and Tony Romo. He's only had one good season, but it did prove that he has the ability to be an elite quarterback in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I don't think he's Top 5 by any means. Lower end of Top 10 (which is still good.) He's working in a favorable system with the best receiver in football. At this point though I'd say he's absolutely superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

It's his fantasy numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous.
          Well he isn't a Top 5 Quarterback. You have Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers and Rodgers who are all probably better than him, in my opinion. I would be of the opinion that Schaub is better than Romo and sure as hell better than Eli.

If you are wondering why people seem to think he's that good then it could have something to do with him leading the league in passing last year.
          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            It's his fantasy numbers.
            Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Comment

Nobody really considers him a Top 5 QB.

Everybody's top 5 is something like this (or if it isn't it should be )

Manning
              Brady
              Brees
              Rivers
              Rodgers

Schaub is never really considered to be in that group. Though he is certainly right there on the same level as Romo and Eli and at this point is superior to Flacco and Ryan.

Comment

Schaub top 5? Thats a joke.
                Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers are a clear top 5 in my mind. Plus throw Favre into the mix. Id take Eli, Ben, Romo, and Ryan probably over him too. Maybe others.
                Schaub is a product of statistics and fantasy fans who know nothing about real football.

Comment

Schaub is the newest king of garbage time statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                    Id take Eli, Ben, Romo, and Ryan probably over him too. Maybe others.
                    Personally I wouldn't take any of those Quarterbacks over him. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a very good Quarterback, but vastly overated as well. In the same vein as Eli Manning. Because they won Superbowls with really good defences does not make them outstanding Quarterbacks. Eli is a decent starter with nothing special about him. Matty Ice has had one good season followed by one not so good season. Romo is consistently inconsistent.
                    Last edited by Seamus2602; 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM.
                    Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                      Personally I wouldn't take any of those Quarterbacks over him. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a very good Quarterback, but vastly overated as well. In the same vein as Eli Manning. Because they won a Superbowls with really good defences does not make them outstanding Quarterbacks. Eli is a decent starter with nothing special about him. Matty Ice has had one good season followed by one not so good season. Romo is consistently inconsistent.
                      Typical argument by a Colts/Manning fan. Suffice to say, I'm not surprised. ;)
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Schaub has a strong arm and is accurate.

Of course having AJ help him.

He is a fantasy football STUD(Not really relevant, yes I know.)

He needs to stay healthy of course.

When Schaub is healthy though, I like him as a top 10 NFL QB.

I'd take Schaub over Eli.

Schaub or Romo would be interesting, I'll say that.

Comment

Not a top 5 QB. This reminds me of the Hilary Swank episode of the office.

Comment

For me he is somewhere in the 10 11 range.. You take away Andre from Schaub, hes ******. When Plex got locked up Eli still put up nice numbers and such with a bunch of guys. Schaub is definetely on the better side of quarterbacks but he is slightly overrated imo.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I'm sorry, but Schaub in Houston is 19-19 as a starter. Say all you want about "supporting cast" and "tough AFC South" but Romo is 38-17 and Eli is 50-37 and has a ring. How can you possibly put him above those two?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information