Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    JPP can hold out and never play for us as far as I'm concerned.
    granted, i'm exaggerating, but I'd rather him hold out than us throwing top 10 money a a guy with single digit career Divison 1 sacks...

BACKFLIPZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Comment

This has been talked about in the Cowboys thread...but how about Felix Jones weighing more than Marion Barber now? haha. Felix is a sexy 220 lbs, fast as ever. Barber on the other hand, is 218.

I remember when a lot of people had a problem with Felix's size/weight. He certainly has the body to be featured...he's just gotta stay healthy. Hopefully he can put those injury concerns to rest this year.

______

As for some other stuff...Victor Butler and Brandon Williams continue to light up camp at OLB. We may have something here. Williams especially is turning heads from the media, coaches, and his teammates. As Brooking said, look for him to help this team out immediatly. Keeping Ware and Spencer fresher, in the process. Spencer has been a man, amongst boys as well. And Doug Free has actually done a fantastic job on Ware, which is fantastic to hear.

WR coach, Ray Sherman, says this is the most talented crop of WRs he's ever coached before. Too early to call them the best, but the most talented, by far he says. I actually hope we let Crayton or Roy go, so we can see more of Hurd and Ogletree, but I doubt it happens. We go atleast 6 deep at WR. The guys at the bottom of depth chart are #3's on other teams, at worst. I believe Hurd could start on a handful of teams right now, and he may be our 6th receiver.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-29-2010, 03:38 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.

Comment

Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Duke Robinson all but took himself out of the competition for the RG spot today by showing up and failing to pass a physical.

He likely wasn't going to beat out Mack beardenau but ****, you've got a chance to win the spot, don't show up fat and unable to run some sprints.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.
              You can have him. haha. He's very consistent/solid, but we dont even need him. The majority of us would like to see more from the younger guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.
                you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers
                  The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                    The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love
                    HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
                    so yea

also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.
                      I was a Davis fan the whole time!!!!! :D

Comment

Yeah I really didn't have too much of opinion on him as I really doubted the Patriots would have went CB early. In general though I had him in the group with Kareem Jackson, Kyle Wilson etc. But I read a piece that someone wrote before the draft that compared all aspects of the game from a CB perspective. They compared McCourty, Haden, Wilson, Jackson and one other, i can't remember who. But McCourty had the best Yards per Catch against him, the best Yards per Attempt against him, he was also far and away the best in run support and obviously had a very good 40 and 10 and 20 yd splits. Overall the writer said mcCourty is the most complete CB of the whole class.

Comment

I believe in Davis.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
                            so yea

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.
                            When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                I believe in Davis.
                                I also know how some people were saying Singletary isn't some magical coach who can fix every guy with a supposed character issue, but honestly I think he's the best coach to handle a guy like him. He just has some maturing to do, as did Vernon Davis, as Crabtree probably did. A coach like, say Wade Phillips for example would be the exact opposite to get the most out of Davis.

Sing will be all over Davis and he can turn into a top 3 LT in the league after 2-3 years. He's not going to be as good right off the bat as Iupati, but this is probably the best fit for a guy like Davis. I don't think there's alot of character issues to deal with, but he just has some growing up to do and may not be fully motivated just yet to push himself to be the best player he can be.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information