No announcement yet.

Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Brace stepping up would be nice. I liked him coming out but from what I've read, he didn't look too good last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Gerard Warren at DE for New England is not a good fit at all either. The guy has no place in a 3-4. They need Belichick magic for their DLine to be any good this year without Seymour and Warren at ends and only sub-par stopgap guys on the roster to fill in.
      Actually, Warren has been constantly praised by the coaching staff throughout training camp and did a really nice job from what I heard in the preseason game as well. He's the one I'm most excited about, and I think he'll play well this year. On the other side, it seems like it'll be Mike Wright as the starter with Damione Lewis rotating in. Wright is a solid player, but probably not meant to be a starter. Lewis will have to be able to produce a little bit. I'm not holding my breath for Ron Brace making an impact this year. Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Probably. I can't imagine any football player, at any level, who's never been yelled at by a coach. Probably something more going on, but I think it's a little silly if he did indeed decide to retire after a scolding.
        If you don't love the type of work you do, than maybe it's not.

I know we all love football and would love to play sports professionally. But it's often forgotten that it's ultimately a job for these guys. Some people love their jobs, some hate their jobs, and the majority just grind it out for a paycheck. I can't imagine that the dynamic of the NFL is that much different. For all we know, many lose their passion to play as early as college, but they stick with it because they know it's their breadwinner (whether they go pro, or play in order to pay for a further education in another field).

I know that it's a game, and they should be incredibly grateful for getting paid a ton of money for it. But I have a lot of respect for a guy like Coffee, who can be honest with himself and know that he doesn't have what it takes to commit being a professional football player.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
          Ty Warren is out for the year in New England per ESPN.
          Wow, ouch.
          Maybe they can trade back with Oakland for Seymour, add some veteran leadership.

Comment

Actually, Warren has been constantly praised by the coaching staff throughout training camp and did a really nice job from what I heard in the preseason game as well. He's the one I'm most excited about, and I think he'll play well this year. On the other side, it seems like it'll be Mike Wright as the starter with Damione Lewis rotating in. Wright is a solid player, but probably not meant to be a starter. Lewis will have to be able to produce a little bit. I'm not holding my breath for Ron Brace making an impact this year. Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.
            well it's good for them if Warren works out with not much else at DE. He's been a gap-shooting 4-3 tackle his whole career and was shipped out of Cleveland when they moved to a 3-4 b/c of this despite having a bad DLine, and wasn't great in Oakland in any kind of 3 man front role. Lewis I think can be a decent rotational guy in any system.

Comment

Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.
              I really liked Myron Pryor coming out last year.... has he done anything?

Comment

• Buffalo is on the clock..... Jake Lockner.....

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson will have more tests to determine the severity of a left hand injury that will force the starter to miss at least the remainder of the preseason.

Jackson's agent, Jerome Douglas, told The Associated Press by telephone on Saturday that it's too early to determine whether his client will require surgery on what he referred to as "a bone injury."

Douglas added that depending on what team doctors inform Jackson, it's likely the player will seek a second medical opinion.

"All the diagnostic tests have not been fully performed, but he's going to be out for a little bit," Douglas said, noting that Jackson is scheduled to meet with doctors Saturday.

Jackson was hurt in a 42-17 preseason loss at Washington on Friday night. Following the game, coach Chan Gailey didn't divulge the nature of the injury, and would only say that Jackson will miss Buffalo's final three preseason games.

"We hope to get him back for the first game," Gailey said, referring to Buffalo's regular-season opener against Miami on Sept. 12.

Jackson was hurt during a 7-yard run on Buffalo's second play from scrimmage while being pulled down by the facemask by safety Kareem Moore, who was penalized on the play. Jackson had been using his left hand to stiff-arm Moore, and then landed on the same hand as he fell to the turf.

Jackson did not return. A video on the Bills' website shows Jackson on the sideline wearing a cast on his left hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  Jake Lockner
                  who is that? :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/21203384756
                    I think RB Ben Tate, the second-round pick from Auburn, is done for the year because of a broken ankle. We'll find out Sunday. 36 minutes ago via web
                    http://twitter.com/TomKowalski36/statuses/21200902437
                    Dizon believed to be out for the season ... waiting for confirmation
                    He was backing up MLB, not big news but pretty much locks up Caleb Campbell making the team.
                    Last edited by Scotty D; 08-15-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Losing Tate sucks for the Texans.

Comment

• Damn, losing Tate for the year freakin sucks. I wanted the Lions to get him and I was hoping he'd do good for the Texans.

As far as losing Dizon for the year.. Eh. I feel sorry for him, but I'd be more upset if we lost someone that actually should've been picked by us. Such a horrible, horrible pick.

Comment

• Fred Jackson out 4-6 weeks, Marshawn Lynch out 3-4 weeks

Comment

• Torry Holt's season is over

Comment

• Career too for Holt probably. Kinda sad.

Comment

• Any word on Colt McCoy? He left the Packers game with what looked like a right arm/shoulder/rist injury. Speculating, it looked like he hit his right hand on a helmet and maybe bruised or possibly broke his wrist.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information