No announcement yet.

Sidney Rice Likely Out Until Midseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Camarillo was just traded to the Minnesota Vikings.

Jeff_Darlington
    BREAKING NEWS: Multiple sources tell me WR Greg Camarillo is being traded to the Minnesota Vikings. Details to follow!

WR Greg Camarillo just texted me, as well. "I'm headed out of town this afternoon," he says. "Crazy." Yes, indeed. Very crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post

Jeff_Darlington
      BREAKING NEWS: Multiple sources tell me WR Greg Camarillo is being traded to the Minnesota Vikings. Details to follow!

WR Greg Camarillo just texted me, as well. "I'm headed out of town this afternoon," he says. "Crazy." Yes, indeed. Very crazy.
      For the great Benny Sapp.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post

Jeff_Darlington

Breaking news and Greg Camarillo...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
          Breaking news and Greg Camarillo...
          He is a Dolphin's reporter, it counts for us.

Comment

Scooped!

An interesting development. Camarillo and Bess both get a bump in production, maybe?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Damn I loved Camarillo. If it wasnt for his catch and run, we would've went 0-16 back in that piece of **** year in 07.

Well anyway, Camarillo is one smart mofo, he's catches everything thrown his way and a sharp route runner. Favre will love him. 3rd down catch machine.

So what can you Vikings fans tell me about Benny Sapp? And please no "he sucks" I want an actually report of what he can or cant do.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                Anybody else get the feeling that this season is shaping up to be an Epic Favrail for Brett this year?
                Heck, you could even sense some nervousness from Favre in his interview on SNF. It's certainly leaning in that direction, and their only saving grace might be the relatively weak division (aside from the up-and-coming powerhouse Packers) that they find themselves in this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                  Damn I loved Camarillo. If it wasnt for his catch and run, we would've went 0-16 back in that piece of **** year in 07.

Well anyway, Camarillo is one smart mofo, he's catches everything thrown his way and a sharp route runner. Favre will love him. 3rd down catch machine.

So what can you Vikings fans tell me about Benny Sapp? And please no "he sucks" I want an actually report of what he can or cant do.
                  Yup, Camarillo had the best hands in the league last year IIRC. He didn't have any drops. He is what he is though, limited upside but will produce undoubtedly.

Comment

As a Chiefs fan I can tell you he is a hot head and get's alot of stupid penalties.

Comment

As I thought, Camarillo did have the best hands last year.

Football Outsiders determined Camarillo had zero drops on 73 targets last season, the most chances of any player without a drop.

Comment

Camarillo's a baller but not more than a #3, ever. Still, trading him would be like the Giants cutting Tyree...

Comment

^ But he's perfect for what the Vikings need. Someone reliable to fill the shoes of Rice & possible Harvin to start the season. Solid move for Minnesota.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Benny Sapp is a gamer. He's a good tackler and has shown flashes of being able to hold his own in coverage. He makes a lot of stupid plays and has a very short temper. He will give you everything he has though. He was challenging for a starting spot here and played pretty damn well in the playoffs as a starter with Winfield hobbled. The only problem I have with the trade from the Dolphins perspective is that he is due a new contract, so you'll have to pay dat man his monies if he performs well.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              Heck, you could even sense some nervousness from Favre in his interview on SNF. It's certainly leaning in that direction, and their only saving grace might be the relatively weak division (aside from the up-and-coming powerhouse Packers) that they find themselves in this year.
                              Despite the relatively weak schedule (on paper), the Vikes have one of the hardest schedules in the entire league.

I think Chicago's going to be much better this year, too, but their season really comes down to whether Lovie can keep the confidence of his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                As a Chiefs fan I can tell you he is a hot head and get's alot of stupid penalties.
                                He was a lot better with that last year, and iirc, he only got one (or maybe it was 2?) stupid penalty last year and it wasn't in a real close situation. Two years ago he had a couple killer penalties though, but he really cut down on them.

Originally posted by djp View Post
                                Benny Sapp is a gamer. He's a good tackler and has shown flashes of being able to hold his own in coverage. He makes a lot of stupid plays and has a very short temper. He will give you everything he has though. He was challenging for a starting spot here and played pretty damn well in the playoffs as a starter with Winfield hobbled. The only problem I have with the trade from the Dolphins perspective is that he is due a new contract, so you'll have to pay dat man his monies if he performs well.
                                Very good write-up. He's gonna take some risks that he shouldn't, and his temper might get the best of him, but he's a hard worker. He looked very, very good last year, especially in the 2nd half when we really needed him. I thought he was gonna have the inside job on the starting CB position opposite of Winfield until Griffin got back, but then he got dehydrated early on in camp and they held him out for like 4 or 5 days and they limited him for several more, which really put him behind, especially with guys like Asher Allen and Chris Cook really impressing. He's a very solid tackler, and his coverage kept improving throughout the season last year. He'll be a good nickel back for the Dolphins and can step in should something happen to Davis or Smith, or if they don't develop like expected.
                                Last edited by marshallb; 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information