Colt McCoy is on the Browns' roster bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Unless his problem stems from a physical ability standpoint, which is a very realistic possiblility. No amount of development will help you if you can't throw a five yard out in the NFL.
    If that is the case, how on earth do you not know that about him before drafting him? It's almost like a video game and they just took him because he was the best QB available.

You should know if he can throw a 5 yard out way early into the process.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Colt won't get cut, or ever amount to anything.

Gotta love Browns fans. So far the ones I lived with have claimed Frye, Anderson, Quinn, and now McCoy would be great QBs. Its gotta be horrible to be a fan of Cleveland sports and have literally nothing good going for them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

so far the only person who ever even hinted that McCoy was on the bubble is Tony Grossi.....and he doesn't have what I would call and "ironclad" history. I think Grossi implies that McCoy and Ratliff are battling for the 3rd QB spot, and that Davis and Jennings are battling for the last RB spot.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          If that is the case, how on earth do you not know that about him before drafting him? It's almost like a video game and they just took him because he was the best QB available.

You should know if he can throw a 5 yard out way early into the process.
          Eh, when you need a QB as desperately as the Browns did, it doesn't hurt to take a flier on the guy. The third round was definitely too early, though.

It still amuses me that people were projecting him from anywhere at the end of the first through the second round, and that he was being compared to Drew Brees. Drew Brees is small, and he doesn't have a cannon, but he's got functional arm strength. Not only that, but he's the exception to a very established rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

all over again
            This picture is so, so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Gotta love Browns fans. So far the ones I lived with have claimed Frye, Anderson, Quinn, and now McCoy would be great QBs. Its gotta be horrible to be a fan of Cleveland sports and have literally nothing good going for them.
              Anyone to hype up McCoy what-so-ever is an idiot, any one with common sense knows that he needs at least 2 years to develop if he has any chance of succeeding in this league.

I agree with Shiver, he kind of reminds me of Charlie Frye for some reason.

That being said, he has looked bad partially because of his fault and partially because of how horrendous are 3rd/4th string has played, he hardly has gotten any time to throw the ball.
              Last edited by PoopSandwich; 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Don't forget their (grouping them together loosely) love of Troy Smith and their desire to draft him 3rd overall....

Comment

I want to know which Browns fans you guys are referring to.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I want to know which Browns fans you guys are referring to.
                    Not on this site, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      Not on this site, that's for sure.
                      That's what I was about to say. We have some rather awesome Browns fans on here.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Don't forget their (grouping them together loosely) love of Troy Smith and their desire to draft him 3rd overall....
                        Those were only the fans that know absolutely nothing about football and like OSU because they're good, and I actually won multiple bets with idiots like that who said Troy Smith would go in the first round.

Most people around here believe it or not were pissed when we drafted Robiskie 36th overall.

Comment

That's what I was about to say. We have some rather awesome Browns fans on here.
                          That's the truth for almost all the posters on here. 90% of fans are unrealistic homers with no real grasp of the sport at anything but the most basic of levels.

For the most part, I'd say that people on this board are cautiously optimistic about their teams. This is a pretty rational, intelligent group and not representative of the majority of sports fans.

The quality of posting on this board has been pretty bad the last couple of years, but I think we've seen a nice influx of promising young talent on the board right now.

Comment

If being "on" the bubble means you might get cut does being "in" the bubble mean you have made the team???

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              If being "on" the bubble means you might get cut does being "in" the bubble mean you have made the team???
                              I love your randomness, Splat.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Eh, when you need a QB as desperately as the Browns did, it doesn't hurt to take a flier on the guy. The third round was definitely too early, though.

It still amuses me that people were projecting him from anywhere at the end of the first through the second round, and that he was being compared to Drew Brees. Drew Brees is small, and he doesn't have a cannon, but he's got functional arm strength. Not only that, but he's the exception to a very established rule.

If any guy gets compared to Drew BRees, he's basically doomed to fail, unless it's Drew Brees himself. (or Chase Daniel)
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information